PDA

View Full Version : Supremes Anthologies/Ultimate Collections/etc and different song versions

test

sup_fan
11-22-2014, 12:01 AM
i'm pretty sure this has been discussed before but i tried a couple topic searches and didn't come up with what i was looking for

Has anyone documented the various differences between all of the various Sup anthologies/greatest hits/ultimates/etc? reason i ask is from some of the recent Diana releases. on Baby It's Me expanded we got a new Baby I Love Your Way compared to what was released on the Diana Anthology in 83. and the various versions of Lovin' Livin and Givin'

looking for what different tracks are on different sup compilations

thanks!

sup_fan
11-22-2014, 12:05 AM
i'll clarify a bit more

i'm going through my old cd's and seeing what else to add to my iTunes. i'm not interested in repeating a compilation disc if i already have the tune[[s) elsewhere. i've loaded the 2002 anthology. now need to see if the previous sets have enough unique info to be worth uploading

soulster
11-22-2014, 03:32 AM
I guess I can't help you there. I have like six DR & The Sup comps, both stereo and mono. I ripped them all to FLAC because each comp is mastered differently.

thommg
11-22-2014, 12:26 PM
I have tried to keep up when I read something but I can't find the document now! It might be on an old computer and I didn't transfer the files. I know that I bought some of the 20th Century Millenium Collections because there were alternate mixes and extra verses in some songs. I know that was the case with The Marvelettes but I can't remember which tracks. Sorry I'm not more help but I look forward to other responses to this thread. I'll start my list all over again.