PDA

View Full Version : .Mary Wilson [[The Supremes) interview Jim Hoogendorp !

test

marv2
11-19-2014, 02:00 PM
Great new interview with Mary Wilson from the Netherlands. Performance clips are included:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5Jee2CrXts

stephanie
11-19-2014, 03:37 PM
Mary Wilson looks damn good for 70!!!

marv2
11-19-2014, 05:20 PM
I don't think people would know she was 70 if she did not tell them.

stephanie
11-19-2014, 05:38 PM
She looks a little like Shirley Alston Reeves of the Shirelles. Im glad she went back to college and lived out her dreams because she is articulate and fun to listen to. There have been better and longer interviews with her but I love to hear every single one. Love her take on My World is Empty.

marv2
11-19-2014, 07:55 PM
I wonder how long this tour runs. I heard a few weeks to a month.

marv2
11-19-2014, 07:59 PM
She looks a little like Shirley Alston Reeves of the Shirelles. Im glad she went back to college and lived out her dreams because she is articulate and fun to listen to. There have been better and longer interviews with her but I love to hear every single one. Love her take on My World is Empty.

Other than Mary's live recording of "My World Is Empty Without You" on her 2007 "Up Close" CD, I have always wanted her go back into the studio and re-record it with the same rhythm track as the original. I would it!

Mary has always been great in interviews. I recall Mrs. Edwards saying that they never had to worry about Mary because he always knew the right things to say in interviews.

detmotownguy
11-20-2014, 02:24 AM
Mary is so pleasant to talk too and down to earth. She respects her fans! Just a great human being. I ran into her at the airport a while back and she had no celebrity heir about her. And yes, she looks really good!

REDHOT
11-20-2014, 03:40 AM
Mary Wilson is a pro,shes been in show business,almost all her life,plus he love her work,and her fans,Love her,thanks Marv for postin' this.

Ollie9
11-20-2014, 06:30 AM
And she still sounds fantastic!!!!
A great lady, devoid of star ego and always a joy to watch being interviewed.
No mention of Clarity.

marv2
11-20-2014, 05:44 PM
Mary Wilson is a pro,shes been in show business,almost all her life,plus he love her work,and her fans,Love her,thanks Marv for postin' this.

You are most welcome Redhot. Mary is providing valuable oral history of the Supremes, Motown and America in the sixties whether she realizes that or not.