PDA

View Full Version : "Nightflight" Tue Nov 18, 9P-12M ET: "Baby...It's Andy and George!!!"

test

midnight johnny
11-18-2014, 09:43 AM
http://www.kodak.com/US/images/en/corp/features/skrebneski/diana_ross1.jpgHowdy there, Folks! A very special world premiere event for you tonight, on the heels of the brand new Universal/Motown release by Miss Diana Ross..."Baby It's Me" ...produced by Richard Perry. I have the pleasure of having the producers of the "Baby It's Me...the Expanded Edition" producers Andy Skurow and George Solomon on the show...discussing this long awaited collection! I'm most appreciative of Andy's and George's sharing this joyful and meticulous production on my show. Thanks, Guys! And a huge thank you to engineer Kevin Reeves for his masterful mixing and mastering, and to executive producer Harry Weinger! So join me for all this...and my special co-host Justine Alten...tonight...on "Nightflight"...on WOMR 92.1 FM Provincetown and WFMR 91.3 FM Orleans...and streaming live worldwide in digital stereo at www.womr.org [[http://www.womr.org) Thanks so much! See you on the radio! John

Glenpwood
11-18-2014, 11:12 AM
I'll be "Gettin Ready For Love" and Nightflight all day. Nine can't get here fast enough! The Funny Girl show George and Andy put together with Kevin was exceptional and I'm sure this will be no less than outstanding and leave me feeling on 'Top Of The World."

[[That 2014 mix of TOTW btw is amazing. I had that on loop last night for about an hour until I got the side eye of death from Carl that he might like to hear a different track from the set.)

I can't encourage folks enough to buy this, gift it, and spread the word. I'm sure the show will be the final nudge for the holdouts though...

Final unpaid solicitation. Everyone scrounge through their couch cushions or skip a few Starbucks coffees and make a small donation to WOMR.ORG. They aren't snobs about the pledge size:D

Tonights show couldn't happen without them after all and it's important to "Spread Love" as Miss Ross is known to say....

See everyone here later!

carole cucumber
11-18-2014, 11:17 AM
"... I have the pleasure of having the producers of the "Baby It's Me...the Expanded Edition" producers Andy Skurow and George Solomon on the show...discussing this long awaited collection! See you on the radio! John

Will Andy & George be on the show 'Live' or will they be pre-recorded a la "Funny Girl"?

RossHolloway
11-18-2014, 11:19 AM
I downloaded Baby It's Me last night on iTunes. Really looking forward to tonights show!

Mark Desjardines
11-18-2014, 01:13 PM
John, from past experiences listening to "Night Flight" when you've had Andy and George share their thoughts, I know just who exciting and informative the conversation will be this evening. I purchased my iTunes copy of "Baby It's Me," yesterday and one thing for sure, Baby, I'm in!

thanxal
11-18-2014, 01:54 PM
First, thank you thank you thank you for Baby It's Me. The work you do is tremendous.
Second, any whispers, hints, rumors, intimations about The Supremes A Go Go? Pweeeeeeeeezzeeee?????

greg jones
11-18-2014, 03:29 PM
Kudos to Andy & George for for finally making this available!!!

Sadly, but i won't be listening tonite as i have to work! Though i do have a couple of questions:

• Were there not 12" versions from some of the songs from this album ? If so, why were they not included ?

• Since everything is going to do digital downloads, does preparing for digital downloads quicken the process for you by eliminating steps You would have to do for a physical release?

• Does catalog items going to digital downloads mean that we might get more back catalog items not currently available as downloads from record companies so that a good portion of a record companies catalog is available for downloads rather than being no longer available ?

Thanx for all the hard work guys, it is MUCH appreciated!!!

vgalindo
11-18-2014, 04:41 PM
So exciting to hear Andy and George talk about "Baby It's Me" . Bought the download last night and it is wonderful. I love it. The new bonus tracks are to die for. I hope and pray it will eventually have a cd release.

copley
11-18-2014, 07:02 PM
Hi John. Can you please confirm that it's 2am UK time that your show commences? Thanks :)

midnight johnny
11-18-2014, 07:15 PM
Copley...my sources tell me you are 5 hours ahead of me...you are correct, sir!

copley
11-18-2014, 07:16 PM
Thanks. Will be recording it :)

midnight johnny
11-18-2014, 07:19 PM
Thanks. Will be recording it :) I understand totally! Enjoy your sleep...then enjoy the show!

midnight johnny
11-18-2014, 07:20 PM
I'll be "Gettin Ready For Love" and Nightflight all day. Nine can't get here fast enough! The Funny Girl show George and Andy put together with Kevin was exceptional and I'm sure this will be no less than outstanding and leave me feeling on 'Top Of The World."

[[That 2014 mix of TOTW btw is amazing. I had that on loop last night for about an hour until I got the side eye of death from Carl that he might like to hear a different track from the set.)

I can't encourage folks enough to buy this, gift it, and spread the word. I'm sure the show will be the final nudge for the holdouts though...

Final unpaid solicitation. Everyone scrounge through their couch cushions or skip a few Starbucks coffees and make a small donation to WOMR.ORG. They aren't snobs about the pledge size:D

Tonights show couldn't happen without them after all and it's important to "Spread Love" as Miss Ross is known to say....

See everyone here later! Thank you, Glen!!! Much appreciated!

midnight johnny
11-18-2014, 07:21 PM
John, from past experiences listening to "Night Flight" when you've had Andy and George share their thoughts, I know just who exciting and informative the conversation will be this evening. I purchased my iTunes copy of "Baby It's Me," yesterday and one thing for sure, Baby, I'm in! Thanks, Mark!!!

midnight johnny
11-18-2014, 07:22 PM
Will Andy & George be on the show 'Live' or will they be pre-recorded a la "Funny Girl"? Actually, Carole...I've had them flown in for the show...

Ryon6
11-18-2014, 07:28 PM
I too downloaded the release from iTunes last night. BIM is probably my favorite DR album of all times. My faves are "You Got It", "Your Love Is So Good For Me", "All Night Lover", "Confide In Me", "The Same Love That Made Me Laugh" and 'Come In From The Rain". Of the new release, I liked "Brass Band" and "Room Enough For Two". I would love to hear the duet version of "Room" with Ross and Billy Preston. There was a hint of an updated Diana's Duets ... is it in the works? I am looking forward to the show tonight MJ. Can't wait til 9.

skooldem1
11-18-2014, 07:32 PM
Speaking of what could possibly be in the works. I know this is off topic, but I've always wondered if there were un-released tracks, or alternate versions of songs from "The Boss" album.

midnight johnny
11-18-2014, 07:41 PM
I too downloaded the release from iTunes last night. BIM is probably my favorite DR album of all times. My faves are "You Got It", "Your Love Is So Good For Me", "All Night Lover", "Confide In Me", "The Same Love That Made Me Laugh" and 'Come In From The Rain". Of the new release, I liked "Brass Band" and "Room Enough For Two". I would love to hear the duet version of "Room" with Ross and Billy Preston. There was a hint of an updated Diana's Duets ... is it in the works? I am looking forward to the show tonight MJ. Can't wait til 9. Thanks, Tyrone!~! Glad you'll be listening!!

ejluther
11-18-2014, 08:16 PM
I won't be listening live but I'll be there in spirit and catch up on it later - huge thanks to all involved and extra special thanks to Midnight Johnny for giving us such great shows when these amazing releases come out!

midnight johnny
11-18-2014, 08:33 PM
I won't be listening live but I'll be there in spirit and catch up on it later - huge thanks to all involved and extra special thanks to Midnight Johnny for giving us such great shows when these amazing releases come out! Eric...you'll be missed....glad you'll be able to hear the show! And....thank you...doing these shows is a privilege...and a pleasure!!!

JohnnyB
11-18-2014, 09:47 PM
Eric...you'll be missed....glad you'll be able to hear the show! And....thank you...doing these shows is a privilege...and a pleasure!!!

Gettin' Ready For tonight's broadcast John. Thanks in advance for what I'm sure will be a great evening! I am loving Baby It's Me 2014! Another excellent collection from Andy and George - Thank you!!!

I have a question for Andy: He mentioned there are additional Jeffrey Bowen tracks in the vaults. Will they appear on a future Diana release?

midnight johnny
11-18-2014, 09:51 PM
...in the studio.....Howdeeeeee!!! Andy and George....shortly!

midnight johnny
11-18-2014, 09:53 PM
Gettin' Ready For tonight's broadcast John. Thanks in advance for what I'm sure will be a great evening! I am loving Baby It's Me 2014! Another excellent collection from Andy and George - Thank you!!!

I have a question for Andy: He mentioned there are additional Jeffrey Bowen tracks in the vaults. Will they appear on a future Diana release? JohnnyB....great you'll be listening! I'm sure ANdy will catch your question....THANKS!! aND A BIG HELLO to DALLAS!

marybrewster
11-18-2014, 10:00 PM
And away we go!

thanxal
11-18-2014, 10:08 PM
I can't get the stream to work! Aaargh!

Lulu
11-18-2014, 10:08 PM
Is anyone else having problems connecting?

dba
11-18-2014, 10:12 PM
I wouldn't miss this for the world. Sounds great. Thanks MJ Andy and George!

thanxal
11-18-2014, 10:13 PM
Womr website, Tunein, iTunes. None are working.
John...have your tech guy jiggle the handle... must.hear.George&Andy

midnight johnny
11-18-2014, 10:13 PM
And away we go!

...............Hi, MB!!

vgalindo
11-18-2014, 10:17 PM
Wow love the new Getting Ready for Love mix. Thanks so much George and Andy can not thank you enough.

midnight johnny
11-18-2014, 10:18 PM
Womr website, Tunein, iTunes. None are working.
John...have your tech guy jiggle the handle... must.hear.George&Andy

Brent...so sorry....we're doing a little checking here...I'll let you know if something reveals itself!

Mark Desjardines
11-18-2014, 10:19 PM
John. I notice my iTunes connection isn't available as well. Problem with plug in?

longtimefan
11-18-2014, 10:20 PM
None of the streaming sources are working! Too bad. Too frustrating to playground with. Hope the show goes well! Nite to all!!!

midnight johnny
11-18-2014, 10:21 PM
I wouldn't miss this for the world. Sounds great. Thanks MJ Andy and George! David....Hello!!! You are most welcome!

midnight johnny
11-18-2014, 10:23 PM
John. I notice my iTunes connection isn't available as well. Problem with plug in? Mark...sorry you and others are having connection problems....we're trying to get in touch with tech support.....we are having the same trouble trying to connect as you
we've tried them all.

thanxal
Thanks John. Thank your tech person. Tune in is now working everyone.

DianaLove
Also, could not get it to work. Hope there is a podcast. :[[ Have fun[[Again) on the radio tonight guys! I will check in again a little later to see if I can get it to stream. :)

Lulu
11-18-2014, 10:24 PM
I just got on Tune In but turned my wifi off.

midnight johnny
11-18-2014, 10:26 PM
Thanks John. Thank your tech person. Tune in is now working everyone. Brent....you can get Tune In...we haven't been able to...will continue to try....thanks!

thanxal
11-18-2014, 10:26 PM
Are we getting a digital version of A Go Go? Pweeeeeze. With kittens and sugar on top.

MotownLover
11-18-2014, 10:27 PM
Finally online to hear the show. Super!

Howard in Long Beach, CA :cool:

Mark Desjardines
11-18-2014, 10:28 PM
John, if it's any help, when I tuned in to the station at 4:45 p.m. all was working. then I went to iTunes to listen to the entire "Baby It's Me" download and listened to it until just before 6 p.m, and when I went back to WOMR, mycomputer states I "don't have the plug in" when I go to your site. Mark

RossHolloway
11-18-2014, 10:28 PM
I don't know what happened but I can't listen either. No on my laptop and not on my iPhone. UUUGGHHHHHH!!!!!

thomas96
11-18-2014, 10:33 PM
'Bout to tune in. Better late than never!! Looking forward to this John!

thomas96
11-18-2014, 10:35 PM
Can't get in either...

vgalindo
11-18-2014, 10:37 PM
Will there be an expanded Ross 78 release in the future?

Sacramento John
11-18-2014, 10:40 PM
Can't get WOMR& I-Tunes to connect, nor Windows Media, nor Quicktime. What's Up????

vgalindo
11-18-2014, 10:42 PM
I connected just fine. It is a great show. Thanks John.

marybrewster
11-18-2014, 10:42 PM
...............Hi, MB!!

HI MJ! Enjoying the show. Thanks for giving Andy and George a great platform to discuss "BIM".

Ryon6
11-18-2014, 10:43 PM
Enjoying the show via my iPhone. No problems at all.

midnight johnny
11-18-2014, 10:44 PM
I connected just fine. It is a great show. Thanks John. Thanks Victor....it helps to know!

Sacramento John
11-18-2014, 10:46 PM
Tried "Radio Rage" won't work either

midnight johnny
11-18-2014, 10:47 PM
Folks who are connected...can you say what method with which you're able to listen? Thanks! It's odd that some are able to hear and others not...

midnight johnny
11-18-2014, 10:49 PM
We're gonna try something...a little drastic....cross your fingers.....

vgalindo
11-18-2014, 10:49 PM
I was able to connect with no problem through Online ITunes.

vgalindo
11-18-2014, 10:51 PM
We're gonna try something...a little drastic....cross your fingers.....
I went down for a few seconds. Scared me. Back up now.

midnight johnny
11-18-2014, 10:51 PM
We're gonna try something...a little drastic....cross your fingers..... Try Tune In....Justine was just able to get the connection!

Sacramento John
11-18-2014, 10:52 PM
Was able to get via my I-pad clicking I-tunes, & connected through "cp10.shoutcheap.com"

midnight johnny
11-18-2014, 10:53 PM
Was able to get via my I-pad clicking I-tunes, & connected through "cp10.shoutcheap.com" Jeezzzz....good for you, John!!

Ryon6
11-18-2014, 10:53 PM
i was dropped for a moment but back on now. Too Shy To Say, love it

supremester
11-18-2014, 10:56 PM
I just got on through Quicktime... Ive been trying since 6. Hi Andy & George, Johnny - .... My comment: This was never a fave of mine, but since I got the download, it sounds so fresh and wonderrful that I'm really loving it! esp the alt vocal on Gettin Ready - FABULOUS job Andy & Geoge!!!! You made me a Baby Its Me belieber!

Sacramento John
11-18-2014, 10:57 PM
Now I-Tunes on PC is working

Mark Desjardines
11-18-2014, 11:00 PM
John;
After fiddling around every which way, I went to iTunes and hit connect to spoken word and everything worked out fine. Hope that helps others. Mark

supremester
11-18-2014, 11:03 PM
Now What About A' Go Go????

drlorne
11-18-2014, 11:04 PM
Hearing you fine on my computer in northern Ontario, Canada John. Great show. Bought the album yesterday and loving it.

thanxal
11-18-2014, 11:05 PM
Now What About A' Go Go????
That's been my question for a while. But since I got connected and heard that this is a pre-recorded presentation, it doesn't seem we'll get an answer tonight. That's ok. I'll wait.

sup_fan
11-18-2014, 11:07 PM
question on the unreleased tracks from BIM - were any of these subsequently considered for the aborted Revelations project after Diana left Motown?

longtimefan
11-18-2014, 11:07 PM
That's been my question for a while. But since I got connected and heard that this is a pre-recorded presentation, it doesn't seem we'll get an answer tonight. That's ok. I'll wait.

Oh, thanks for letting me know. I deleted my questions, :-)

Sacramento John
11-18-2014, 11:08 PM
John, I love the "Dorothy/Wizard of OZ" reference. The Wind blowing the window in on you in the studio.

midnight johnny
11-18-2014, 11:17 PM
Well...Andy may drop on over to SDF and answer...but I can't speak for him......

sup_fan
11-18-2014, 11:17 PM
i find the 2014 mixes very interesting. some i like better than the original! i love the funkier version of the title track. but the "water drip" sound on Top of the World is maddening lolol. and in the intro to You Got It, that scratch sound is too much.
just my opinion

love hearing what we didn't hear before though

midnight johnny
11-18-2014, 11:18 PM
John, I love the "Dorothy/Wizard of OZ" reference. The Wind blowing the window in on you in the studio.

....and I didn't even realize it....[[*smile)

supremester
11-18-2014, 11:20 PM
Ten Thousand kisses to Andy & George for these Alt vocals!

PS For those of us that missed the firsr 55 minutes - may we please have a 30-60 second recap of what we missed?

thanxal
11-18-2014, 11:21 PM
Well...Andy may drop on over to SDF and answer...but I can't speak for him......
oh the teasing!!!

supremester
11-18-2014, 11:23 PM
My thoughts exactly - amazing that we are 100% in sync.

i find the 2014 mixes very interesting. some i like better than the original! i love the funkier version of the title track. but the "water drip" sound on Top of the World is maddening lolol. and in the intro to You Got It, that scratch sound is too much.
just my opinion

love hearing what we didn't hear before though

midnight johnny
11-18-2014, 11:59 PM
Seems that everyone can hear.....glad.....

Glenpwood
11-19-2014, 12:00 AM
Confide In Me is sooooooooo gorgeous! I never tire of it.

Lulu
11-19-2014, 12:01 AM
Love that you mentioned the Raquel Welch covers!

skooldem1
11-19-2014, 12:30 AM
I had to go out and missed the last half hour. Did I miss the song I wanted to hear the most - "Confide in Me"?

Glenpwood
11-19-2014, 12:33 AM
Top Of The World shouldve been the lead single from this set. Just majestic in every way .... Even more so in the new mix

DianaLove
11-19-2014, 12:37 AM
Connected now. I love listening. "Top of The World" is one of my favorite songs. My boyfriend who is only familiar with Diana Ross through me LOVES "Top Of The World"

I love the instrumental break in the middle of the 2014 mix of "Top of the World" :)

vgalindo
11-19-2014, 12:39 AM
Top Of The World shouldve been the lead single from this set. Just majestic in every way .... Even more so in the new mix
I agree. It would have been a big hit. Love it.

Sacramento John
11-19-2014, 01:01 AM
Great Show John. Perfect finish

Mark Desjardines
11-19-2014, 01:14 AM
John. what a great program! Thank you again for such a spectacular evening of inside information and insight into the making of Diana Ross' "Baby It's Me" with Andy and George. The most bizarre thing, for the past two days I couldn't download the booklet for the digital album release. This evening, I was able to, but then missed the first 35 minutes of the first hour of your program. After I finally got my iTunes to work picking up your show, I commented on this site, and lost my connection when going back to your broadcast. I finally got reconnected for the last hour and some and was happy to hear what George and Andy had to share. And now "A GO-Go" seems to be a go as well!

copley
11-19-2014, 04:14 AM
Oh damm! Recording dropped out after an hour, not happy :[[

RossHolloway
11-19-2014, 11:04 AM
I'm so disappointed that I missed out on the show. My connection came back for about 10 minutes and then dropped back out again, I just gave up after that..Hopefully MJ will put it up as a podcast.

midnight johnny
11-19-2014, 11:36 AM
Great Show John. Perfect finish Thanks, John.....I'm glad Andy was able to come on air live for a little while! He's a PEACH!!

midnight johnny
11-19-2014, 11:39 AM
John. what a great program! Thank you again for such a spectacular evening of inside information and insight into the making of Diana Ross' "Baby It's Me" with Andy and George. The most bizarre thing, for the past two days I couldn't download the booklet for the digital album release. This evening, I was able to, but then missed the first 35 minutes of the first hour of your program. After I finally got my iTunes to work picking up your show, I commented on this site, and lost my connection when going back to your broadcast. I finally got reconnected for the last hour and some and was happy to hear what George and Andy had to share. And now "A GO-Go" seems to be a go as well! Mark...thank you, my friend!

copley
11-19-2014, 01:19 PM
John, will this prog be available to listen to again? I recorded it but only got 46 min due to the radio connection dropping out. Thanks.

midnight johnny
11-19-2014, 02:11 PM
Okay, Folks! Since so many people missed the first hour [[more or less) of the "Baby It's Me" Andy and George show [[ I calculated this by looking at the responses on this thread as to when folks were getting their connections back, and that was around the time the first hour was ending)....I've decided that I will replay Andy and George during the first hour of next week's show. With the very sad news of the passing of our beloved Jimmy Ruffin, I want to devote the last 2 hours of the show to a tribute to his wonderful recordings. I will certainly put up a reminder next Tuesday morning...here and on Facebook. Again...sorry for the disconnection last night...I appreciate your patience. John

copley
11-19-2014, 03:50 PM
Hi John, it's the 1st hour that I got. The last two are missing. Help please :)

Lulu
11-19-2014, 04:01 PM
I wanted to thank Andy, George and John for a wonderful show last night! It was great hearing the tunes and they sound so wonderful on the Expanded Edition. As always, I appreciate the insight into how the project came together! Keep it goin' fellas!!!

aarondillon2011@gmail.com
11-19-2014, 04:43 PM
YAYAYAY for "A Go-Go". I hope it is a physically release, but if it is a digital release could you please include the stereo and mono mixes like the previous releases George and Andy?

mwmr
11-19-2014, 05:18 PM
YAYAYAY for "A Go-Go". I hope it is a physically release, but if it is a digital release could you please include the stereo and mono mixes like the previous releases George and Andy?

Could a transcript of the interview be posted?

what was said about a go go ?

any clarity on digital vs physical reissues ?

Lulu
11-19-2014, 06:40 PM
Could a transcript of the interview be posted?

what was said about a go go ?

any clarity on digital vs physical reissues ?

They are talking with some third parties about physical releases...stay tuned.

thanxal
11-19-2014, 06:41 PM
Thanks so much for a great show. I know its frustrating having technical difficulties, but we all still very much appreciate all you do.

On to A Go Go.

midnight johnny
11-19-2014, 07:36 PM
Hi John, it's the 1st hour that I got. The last two are missing. Help please :) Copley...not sure what I else I can do right now.

midnight johnny
11-19-2014, 07:37 PM
I wanted to thank Andy, George and John for a wonderful show last night! It was great hearing the tunes and they sound so wonderful on the Expanded Edition. As always, I appreciate the insight into how the project came together! Keep it goin' fellas!!! Lulu...thanks so much....glad you enjoyed the show.

midnight johnny
11-19-2014, 07:39 PM
Thanks so much for a great show. I know its frustrating having technical difficulties, but we all still very much appreciate all you do.

On to A Go Go. Brent....thanks so much!!! And thanks for your understanding!

144man
11-20-2014, 11:44 AM
Lucky me! I was away on Tuesday, so wasn't able to listen. I wouldn't have been too happy to have got up at 2 a.m. for nothing.

midnight johnny
11-20-2014, 01:07 PM
Lucky me! I was away on Tuesday, so wasn't able to listen. I wouldn't have been too happy to have got up at 2 a.m. for nothing. Well, Martin...I wouldn't say it was nothing at all.....

144man
11-21-2014, 06:16 PM
Well, Martin...I wouldn't say it was nothing at all.....

I meant I mightn't have been able to hear you at all because of the technical problems.

Mark Desjardines
11-22-2014, 02:42 PM
Just a thought, many listeners having problems listening to "Nightflight," last Tuesday evening on their Mac computers may have experienced problems due to the introduction of the new iMac OS X Yosemite upgrade. Now that I've downloaded it, I have no problems listening to WOMR online.

thanxal
11-22-2014, 03:38 PM
Just a thought, many listeners having problems listening to "Nightflight," last Tuesday evening on their Mac computers may have experienced problems due to the introduction of the new iMac OS X Yosemite upgrade. Now that I've downloaded it, I have no problems listening to WOMR online.
My Macs have been running the beta release of OS X 10.10 [[Yosemite) since August and never had any problems. It was probably a tech glitch at the ISP for the stream.

Mark Desjardines
11-22-2014, 10:48 PM
Thanxal, I appreciate your comment. As for myself, I didn't download Yosemite until the day after John's broadcast, and then all my problems seem to disappear. I admit I was slow up take advantage of the newer version. Anyone else experience the same success after the upgrade?