PDA

View Full Version : Marvelettes Forever More Vol. 2

test

thommg
11-17-2014, 04:02 PM
I have this release on my MP3 player, both mono versions & stereo versions. I need to make room for some new songs and thought I would delete [[from my player) either the Mono or the Stereo versions of the songs. Anyone want to weigh in on what I should keep and what I should remove? I'm leaning toward keeping the mono mixes but I'm just not sure.

Kraig Diesel
11-17-2014, 04:35 PM
Mono...there's just a certain level of authenticity and "feel"

theboyfromxtown
11-17-2014, 04:40 PM
Why not buy another MP3 player.....like I did! LOL

thommg
11-17-2014, 05:06 PM
Why not buy another MP3 player.....like I did! LOL

I actually do have another MP3 player but that one is also, almost full! :)

While listening to all the tracks on this collection was great when I first put it on, I just don't think I need doubles.

westgrandboulevard
11-17-2014, 05:20 PM
I can see you're looking at keeping mono OR stereo but, FWIW, I'd be looking for the songs where the mono and stereo versions differ.

I'd then want to be keeping them both, and consider dropping one version of the other songs where I could hear no real difference.:)

theboyfromxtown
11-17-2014, 05:34 PM
I actually do have another MP3 player but that one is also, almost full! :)

While listening to all the tracks on this collection was great when I first put it on, I just don't think I need doubles.

LOL I then bought one of those electronic walkmans....I think it's called an Ipod. But still not yet worked out how to put tracks on it!!

Lulu
11-17-2014, 06:48 PM
I'd keep the mono.

theboyfromxtown
11-17-2014, 07:20 PM
So would I!

Philles/Motown Gary
11-17-2014, 10:28 PM
Better yet, thommg, buy the CD boxed set. That way you won't have to choose which tracks to keep and which to ditch. The sound is mighty impressive, and the packaging, booklet, and graphics are outstanding. Harry and the guys did a marvelous job on this set. [[Thanks again, Harry!) Out of all the super Motown Select products, this one's my favorite! Besides, having to delete ANY Motown recording [[Mono OR Stereo) is cringe-worthy! If I absolutely HAD to choose, however, I would keep The Marvelettes' Vol. 2 album tracks in Stereo. Good luck in your uneviable decision-making process. I sure don't envy you!. -Gary

smark21
11-17-2014, 10:59 PM
Why not burn both mono and stereo to CDs, then if you need to clear room on your player, delete the version you prefer less? That way you have both albums and your favorite take on the MP3 player.

Philles/Motown Gary
11-18-2014, 01:38 AM
Thommg, I need to make one correction -- Although I would keep the Stereo version of The Marvelettes' Vol. 2 albums [[as I stated above), I would also keep the Mono ALBUM version of "The Hunter Gets Captured By The Game". It contains an extra verse [[right after the instrumental break) which the Mono 45 and Stereo album versions don't have. It would be a shame to delete that under any circumstances. Hope that helps. -Gary

thommg
11-18-2014, 11:57 AM
Thanks everyone for your thoughts. I already have the cd's and they are all on my MP# player. I am partial to the Mono mixes but I think I'll take the time to listen to all of them again and do a mix of the versions I like more and create my own custom albums with a mix of the mono & stereo. I wish I didn't need the room on my player but I just got Ren Woods' cd from Funkytown Grooves and I need to clear some space. It seems more logical to delete a secondary version of an album than an album that I won't have any tracks from.

Motown Eddie
11-18-2014, 12:49 PM
I have this release on my MP3 player, both mono versions & stereo versions. I need to make room for some new songs and thought I would delete [[from my player) either the Mono or the Stereo versions of the songs. Anyone want to weigh in on what I should keep and what I should remove? I'm leaning toward keeping the mono mixes but I'm just not sure.

Question; does your MP3 player have a slot for an Mirco SD Card? If it does, pick one up and that will give your player more storage space for your songs. If your player doesn't have this option and you have to get rid of some songs, I'd recommend getting rid of the stereo versions of the tracks on The Marvelettes' "Forever More" set.