PDA

View Full Version : Supremes 'Pink' Box Set/$60 at Amoeba Records, Hollywood

test

kenneth
11-13-2014, 12:07 PM
It seems like the Supremes Box Set with the 5 CDs, including the bonus live disc, is selling for about $170 on Amazon. [[The 4 CD set is $30 - $70.)

Amoeba Records Hollywood has the 5 CD box for $60. In fact, they had several copies of it.

For anyone interested, they are great at customer service. They don't charge for shipping on any order though I don't know if you can order directly from the store or only via their web site. On the web site, for the next few days they also have a 15% off coupon. If you put in your order enter 'NOV1514' to get the 15% off on your order.

I love the box. Of course, I was tempted to buy a second copy but somehow I resisted!

longtimefan
11-13-2014, 04:45 PM
Here's the link to the site mentioned above, but I do not see the pink set in their inventory. Maybe I missed it.

http://www.amoeba.com

thommg
11-13-2014, 05:16 PM
Here's the link to the site mentioned above, but I do not see the pink set in their inventory. Maybe I missed it.

http://www.amoeba.com

Under a search for The Supremes, the pink box set comes up but it is just the 4 disc set. I don't see the 5 disc set in their list.

kenneth
11-13-2014, 08:09 PM
Under a search for The Supremes, the pink box set comes up but it is just the 4 disc set. I don't see the 5 disc set in their list.

I guess that confirms the store inventory is entirely separate from the web inventory. I don't know if you can order "off the floor" or not. Too bad. I was thinking someone here might not have the box set and it seemed like a pretty good price that I saw.

greg jones
11-13-2014, 11:42 PM
I was at Amoeba this afternoon and saw that they still have several copies of the pink box set. Previously when they have had them, they are rarely the 5 cd and usually just the main 4 cd set. Today, i didn't look that closely to see if any were the 5 cd set. The few times they had the 5… they put a white sticker on the plastic outside saying that it was the 5 cd set. So if you call the store, they should be able to tell you if they are 4 or 5 cd sets.

kenneth
11-14-2014, 02:23 AM
I must have been mistaken then. I thought it was the 5 CD set. Not sure why - I don't remember it being labeled as such. Okay, maybe not such a great price then.

greg jones
11-14-2014, 07:39 PM
Actually Kenneth, Amoeba's price are usually much better than Amazon or eBay by about 30 percent. I'll have to remember to check it out again the next time I'm there. They usually price below Amazon used and eBay because they truly want to sell the item! I've bought many used copies of hip-o select/Motown items and other box sets there. Amoeba is one of the world's greatest music stores and i'm so glad that i live only about 3 miles away.

Also something else that i don't know if people know… if you show a LA Metro Tap Card at check out they will automatically take off $3 on your order, if you have any items $4.99 or higher.