PDA

View Full Version : El debarge listening party/meet & greet in detroit

test

glencro
11-15-2010, 09:10 PM
Tues, November 16th at Ambiance Ultra Lounge 211 W. Congress in downtown Detroit from 7pm-9pm
Check out the new music http://www.eldebargemusic.com/
In stores NOV 30

glencro
11-17-2010, 09:14 AM
I attended the listening party last night and El DeBarge was great. He made his way around the entire room and greeted everyone that he could. He took tons of photos with fans and even stopped his body guard when he tried to pull him away. In the back of the club there was a hustle class. El went back there and watched them as they created a slow hustle to his song "Second Chance". After wards, he began to dance with various members from the class. He fast danced and slow danced with some of the ladies. El is a hell of a dancer by the way. The brotha tore the dance floor up. He was very personable and even went into the dj booth and did an impromptu performance to the DeBarge classic "Stay With Me". One young lady brought a poster from 1985 that he gladly autographed. He expressed his love for Detroit and mentioned many of the blocks here that he either lived on or hung out at . It was a great evening and he definitely felt the love in the room. On top of that, the cd sounds great. They played it several times throughout the night.
I was a photographer at the event so I also went into the press room where the interviewers each had 3 minutes to conduct their interviews. He was really a joy to be around and spoke of his drug past and bright future. I will post pics once the planner pick out the ones she wants to use for press. WELCOME BACK EL DeBARGE. REMEMBER CD "SECOND CHANCE" IN STORES NOV. 30

nosey
11-17-2010, 11:59 AM
My daughter saw him about a month ago here in Philly. She said his performance was stellar singing and dancing and hitting those high notes with ease. Just like the Detroit crowd, Philly showed him MUCH LOVE!

REDHOT
11-18-2010, 03:04 AM
Wish i could have been there,I have always been a DeBarge fan, EL's new single Second Chance, is his best, I can't wait to get the new cd.
Please stay positive

carlo
12-01-2010, 01:53 PM
Does anybody have the new CD yet? I'm planning to get it. None of the stores in my area have it. From the clips I've heard, it sounds great. There have also been really positive reviews all around. I agree, this is what R&B music should sound like. Real music. Real singing. Real artist. Amen. lol

randy_russi
12-01-2010, 02:20 PM
I am so glad he has recovered from the demons of the past that halted a most-promising career. The family had great
sound and made some great music too.

catwoman55
12-01-2010, 03:16 PM
Thanks for the review. I won't be able to attend the El De Barge event here in Chicago next week, but I will definitely look out for him, next time. And, I will check out his new CD. He did a fine job on the Soul Train Awards the other night :)