PDA

View Full Version : ACETATES and CASSETTES.

test

Roger Polhill
11-06-2014, 10:52 PM
Apparently there were many cassettes made of acetates which featured unreleased tracks distributed between fans which still have yet to be released. Do any members have information as to what these songs are, and who they are recorded by. It`s just that this is often mentioned when unreleased tracks are made available.

bradsupremes
11-06-2014, 11:26 PM
Someone on Youtube uploaded a lot of snippets from those acetates including many Funk Brothers instrumentals with some I don't think ever received vocals. They took several videos down, but the majority are still up which include the 1971 version of "Suspicion," Marvin Gaye's version of "The Touch of Venus," and an alternate version of the Miracles' "Soulful Shack."

Roger Polhill
11-07-2014, 12:13 AM
Many thanks Bradsupremes. I`ll check those out.

bradsupremes
11-07-2014, 12:23 AM
Here's one of the videos. I only recognize the second track which is the instrumental for David Ruffin's "I Could Never Be President." I don't recognize the others though. Just imagine...the vaults are filled with hundreds of these tracks.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvar1d3Jtec&index=44&list=UUY9fTmxTzswzD4ssf2ZJUhA

Roger Polhill
11-07-2014, 12:57 AM
Wow thanks again Bradsupremes. I haven`t a clue as to the identity of the other tracks but it would be great if a Funk Bros. backing tracks official release could happen. I know that there are unreleased sides from Ivy Jo and the Mynah Birds are floating around.