PDA

View Full Version : "Nightflight" Tue Nov 4, 9P-12M ET:...and now...the BIG Finale!!!

test

midnight johnny
11-04-2014, 10:31 AM
Hello there, Bunkies! Well....I've been airing this "Singer/Songwriter" series for 6 weeks...including tonight's big finale, which is part 2 of a tribute to Valerie Simpson and the late Nick Ashford...and I can't think of a better way to complete the series. Tonight's show includes not only tracks by Nick and Val, but tracks by many artists who recorded their works, as well as some very rare Nick and Val moments. So do join me tonight for my homage to Val and Nick...on "Nightflight"...on WOMR 92.1 FM Provincetown and WFMR 91.3 FM Orleans and, of course...we are streaming live worldwide in digital stereo at www.womr.org [[http://www.womr.org) See you on the radio! Thanks! John

midnight johnny
11-04-2014, 04:44 PM
http://youtu.be/mK96ormBwgQ

Philles/Motown Gary
11-04-2014, 05:38 PM
Great string track, John! Thanks for sharing! - Gary

midnight johnny
11-04-2014, 09:20 PM
It's shore is damn pretty, Gary!!!!!

midnight johnny
11-04-2014, 09:40 PM
...in the studio....Howdeeeeeeeeeee!!!

Glenpwood
11-04-2014, 10:03 PM
Evening John!

Carl and I anxiously await your A&S delights!

midnight johnny
11-04-2014, 10:09 PM
Evening John!

Carl and I anxiously await your A&S delights!

Great to see you, Carl and Glen!!!!!

Glenpwood
11-04-2014, 10:42 PM
Thanks for playing California Soul John, it's one of my fave 5D tracks. Wish they had recorded more Ashford and Simpson material.

midnight johnny
11-04-2014, 10:54 PM
Thanks for playing California Soul John, it's one of my fave 5D tracks. Wish they had recorded more Ashford and Simpson material.

My pleasure, Glen....oh...me too....I wished they had done more Nick and Val!

franjoy56
11-05-2014, 12:10 AM
My pleasure, Glen....oh...me too....I wished they had done more Nick and Val!oh so glad to get here to hear ashford and simpson
tracks better late than not at all
Im sure missed many goodies but im here . Love ashford and simpson.

144man
11-05-2014, 12:17 AM
Managed to make it for final hour. Sorry I couldn't be with you last week. Hope you had a great birthday.

midnight johnny
11-05-2014, 12:18 AM
oh so glad to get here to hear ashford and simpson
tracks better late than not at all
Im sure missed many goodies but im here . Love ashford and simpson.

Always wonderful to see you, Franjoy!!!

midnight johnny
11-05-2014, 12:20 AM
Managed to make it for final hour. Sorry I couldn't be with you last week. Hope you had a great birthday.

Welcome, Martin....great to see you!

franjoy56
11-05-2014, 12:26 AM
Can u play valerie version of remrmber me

midnight johnny
11-05-2014, 12:32 AM
Can u play valerie version of remrmber me

I just happen to have it...for you....

Glenpwood
11-05-2014, 01:01 AM
Beautiful show as always John! Enjoy your week!

midnight johnny
11-05-2014, 10:08 AM
Beautiful show as always John! Enjoy your week! Glen.....thanks...I appreciate that! I'm sorta sad the Ashford and Simpson tribute is over....

Ryon6
11-06-2014, 09:25 PM
Sorry I missed the show on Tuesday. I was working at the polls and we didn't leave until 11 o'clock eastern time. I was so beat that I didn't even think of joining in for the last hour. Hope the show was as fantastic as last week. There "ain't nothing like the real thing". Is it possible to provide a playlist for Tuesday night?

midnight johnny
11-07-2014, 09:23 AM
Sorry I missed the show on Tuesday. I was working at the polls and we didn't leave until 11 o'clock eastern time. I was so beat that I didn't even think of joining in for the last hour. Hope the show was as fantastic as last week. There "ain't nothing like the real thing". Is it possible to provide a playlist for Tuesday night? Tyrone...sorry you missed the show...but so glad you were doing your civic duty!!! I'm a bit informal about keeping track of what I play on the show....but I'll try to piece together the general idea...I may miss one ...or five. All are A&S vocals except where identified. 1. Bourgie Bourgie [[Instr remix) 2. Bourgie Bourgie [[Gladys/Pips) 3. Mainline 4. Clouds [[Chaka Khan) 5. I Waited Too Long 6. Nobody Walks In L.A. [[w/ Stevie Wonder) 7. Beware Of A Stranger [[Tammi Terrell) 8. It's Been A Long Time happenin' [[Tammi Terrell) 9.Baby I'll Come [[Mary Love) 9. Ashford and Simpson Ads/Jingles...Coke Is It; NBC There, Be There; Sugar Free Canada Dry Ginger Ale [[Val);Sometimes You Feel Like A Nut/Mounds [[Val); When You Say Budweiser [[Val), National Bohemian Beer [[Val) 10. Keep On Lovin' Me Honey [[Marvin and Tammi) 11. California Soul [[5th Dimension 12. Tear It On Down [[Marvin Gaye) 13. Tear It On Down [[Martha/Vandellas) 14. Won't It Be So Wonderful [[Martha/Vandellas) 15. Good Lovin' Ain't Easy To Come By [[Marvin/Val) 16. You Ain't Livin' Until You're Lovin' [[Drats...unedited version) 17. I Can't Give Back The Love I Feel For You [[Instr/Jeff Beck Group) 18. I Can't Give Back The Love I Feel For You [[Kiki Dee) 19. Some Things You Never Get Used To [[Drats) 20. Keep An Eye [[Drats) 21. A Friend Of Mine [[Gladys/Pips) 22. No One Gets The Prize [[12 Inch...Diana) 23. Stay Free [[12 inch) 24. Bad Company [[Ullanda McCullough) 25. Remember me [[Diana..version 3) 26.Remember Me [[Val-demo) 27. Love Had Changed My Life [[Ullanda McCullough) 28. The Boss [[Diana-Tom Moulton rare mix). I know I missed a few, Tyrone....hope it gives you some idea of the show. By the way...this coming Tuesday...a special "Listener's Choice" show, put together by one of SDF's own members!

Ryon6
11-07-2014, 06:29 PM
Sounds as though it was an excellent show. Hate that I missed it. Thanks MJ.