PDA

View Full Version : when the lovelites start shinning roles out 51 yrs ago

test

franjoy56
10-31-2014, 10:46 PM
The first time i heard of the supremes was when my mother bought a copy of the single when the lovelites start shinning i his eyes released on oct. 31, 1963. I loved it and knew it was a hit, had no money to buy my copy so i wore out my moms copy. With the song packing a blast that shoild have been their first number one. wonder if any alternate takes exist . At least it made #23 pop cash box r&b #2.

marv2
10-31-2014, 11:19 PM
The first time i heard of the supremes was when my mother bought a copy of the single when the lovelites start shinning i his eyes released on oct. 31, 1963. I loved it and knew it was a hit, had no money to buy my copy so i wore out my moms copy. With the song packing a blast that shoild have been their first number one. wonder if any alternate takes exist . At least it made #23 pop cash box r&b #2.

That's when we first heard it also, when our mom bought this recorded and played both sides of it many, many times back in '63. That original 45 is still in a cabinet in her basement today!

arr&bee
11-01-2014, 01:33 PM
A motown classic,there's a clip of the supremes singing it if someone has it please post it.

Methuselah2
11-01-2014, 05:06 PM
Arr&bee - Here's a great snip of a clip of it, with some other songs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7Cn57BNVoM&app=desktop

Thanks to Roy Gardnerra for the YouTube posting.

Lulu
11-01-2014, 05:33 PM
Not to be a total spelling and grammar geek, but the song title is "When The Lovelight Starts Shining Through His Eyes". I'm not sure if the thread title can be edited to reflect this. Thanks!

mysterysinger
11-01-2014, 06:34 PM
"It's what's in the groove that counts" or is it "It's what's in the grooves that count".

Lulu
11-01-2014, 08:44 PM
"It's what's in the groove that counts" or is it "It's what's in the grooves that count".

Just as you posted this, someone on Facebook was taking names & numbers for "diehard" Streisand fans referring to her as BARBARA and not BARBRA! LOL!

franjoy56
11-01-2014, 11:53 PM
Not to be a total spelling and grammar geek, but the song title is "When The Lovelight Starts Shining Through His Eyes". I'm not sure if the thread title can be edited to reflect this. Thanks!
No, it cannot be edited i inserted the shortest title of the song by omitting the last three words
"THROUGH HIS EYES" As you wiill notice.