PDA

View Full Version : A very rare photo of Diana and Bob Ellis's family.

test

David J
10-29-2014, 06:01 AM
https://scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/v/t1.0-9/s720x720/10670072_10203390571661562_7118606991858498668_n.j pg?oh=9394fc4cfb919bec8a185f0a5522aae9&oe=54ACDC69

That's Diana's brother Chico in the white shirt and dark suit and that's Rita Ross [[Diana's sister) sitting on the right hand side with Diana, that's baby Tracee Diana's is holding and the white lady on the left is holding Rhonda and that's Bob's mom above left.
I think the photo must have been taken in 1973.

https://fbstatic-a.akamaihd.net/rsrc.php/v2/yP/r/7eXyMfo7rRq.png

sansradio
10-29-2014, 10:20 AM
Wow! Great photo! The eagle-eyed will note that Rita appears to be wearing the same dress Diana wore for the Touch Me in the Morning album cover shoot. :)

Philles/Motown Gary
10-29-2014, 01:05 PM
Really neat photo, David. Thanks for sharing.

midnight johnny
10-29-2014, 01:19 PM
Thanks, David....great photo! Is Bob posing with his elbow on the lady to his right? Sort on odd.....

sansradio
10-29-2014, 01:30 PM
Thanks, David....great photo! Is Bob posing with his elbow on the lady to his right? Sort on odd.....

Haha!!! The "lady'' to Bob's right is actually Diana's baby brother Chico with a wicked perm! LOL!

midnight johnny
10-29-2014, 11:44 PM
Haha!!! The "lady'' to Bob's right is actually Diana's baby brother Chico with a wicked perm! LOL! Hahhahahahah!!!! Thank you, sansradio, for straightening me out!!!

jobeterob
10-30-2014, 01:00 AM
LOL.

Rita looks like Diana.

midnightman
10-30-2014, 02:41 AM
^ Rita, Barbara and Diana look like identical triplets lol

Chico is rockin' that Ron O'Neal 'do lol

Bokiluis
10-30-2014, 03:27 AM
Very nice and personal photo. It underscores what Diana means when she says there is every nationality in her family. Bob was and is a stunningly handsome man.

midnightman
10-30-2014, 04:19 AM
Who's the brother standing in the right of Bob's mama? Fred Ross, Jr.?

David J
10-30-2014, 05:05 AM
Who's the brother standing in the right of Bob's mama? Fred Ross, Jr.?

Not too sure, it's either Fred Ross jr or the late T-boy Arthur Ross, haven't seen many photos of those 2 men, so not sure who is whom.
I have just noticed that Bob on the right is actually standing on a sofa chair,lol!! he is a very good looking man indeed and he was popular in Hollywood just for his looks and I could remember reading somwhere that Diana had to fend women [[and sometimes even men) away from him.:D

Methuselah2
10-30-2014, 06:52 AM
Wow! Great photo! The eagle-eyed will note that Rita appears to be wearing the same dress Diana wore for the Touch Me in the Morning album cover shoot. :)

Sansradio - I am amazed that you were able to recognize Diana's dress at all on the TOUCH ME album cover but you most certainly did. It's barely visible on the cover but somehow you still recognized it within the smokey blur. There's only a hint of the floral design that can be seen--barely seen, that is--and it was enough for you to make the connection. That's awareness. It's a great family shot. And Rita is very beautiful, and the dress looks beautiful on her.

reese
10-30-2014, 07:28 AM
Not too sure, it's either Fred Ross jr or the late T-boy Arthur Ross, haven't seen many photos of those 2 men, so not sure who is whom.
I have just noticed that Bob on the right is actually standing on a sofa chair,lol!! he is a very good looking man indeed and he was popular in Hollywood just for his looks and I could remember reading somwhere that Diana had to fend women [[and sometimes even men) away from him.:D

He doesn't like either Fred or T-Boy to me. Maybe he's Rita's husband.

sansradio
10-30-2014, 09:51 AM
Sansradio - I am amazed that you were able to recognize Diana's dress at all on the TOUCH ME album cover but you most certainly did. It's barely visible on the cover but somehow you still recognized it within the smokey blur. There's only a hint of the floral design that can be seen--barely seen, that is--and it was enough for you to make the connection. That's awareness. It's a great family shot. And Rita is very beautiful, and the dress looks beautiful on her.

Thanks, Methuselah2! There's a clearer shot of the dress in Diana's Anthology, the photo chosen for 1973. Rita does look gorgeous; she still is!

sansradio
10-30-2014, 09:55 AM
Hahhahahahah!!!! Thank you, sansradio, for straightening me out!!!

LOL!!! No problem, Johnny! That made my day!!!

midnightman
10-30-2014, 01:07 PM
He doesn't like either Fred or T-Boy to me. Maybe he's Rita's husband.

Interesting lol

I only said Fred, Jr. because he's standing far away from Rita lol but you could be right since both Fred, Jr. and T-Boy were lighter skinned than this.