PDA

View Full Version : Diana in Hungary - Ain't No Mountain High Enough [[with orchestra and choir)

test

antceleb12
10-25-2014, 07:21 PM
Very interesting rendition of Diana's 1970 rendition of the Marvin/Tammi classic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lll_IF4vOA0

Thoughts?

Bokiluis
10-25-2014, 09:02 PM
I was there. It was part of the "Super Concert Tour" with The Two Tenors. It was a warm, scratch that hot Budapest evening under the stars. It was a soldout 40,000 + stadium concert. The arrangements were more befitting to the heavily classical audience. She received polite applause on most of her familiar hits. The only awkward thing was her speaking to the audience which I guess is not customarily done at classical concerts. But even better was the number of different songs from the Great American Songbook that she doesn't traditionally perform. The chemistry between her and the audience was filled with alacrity. Budapest is incredibly beautiful city with castles and three bridges aligned across the river.

jobeterob
10-25-2014, 09:06 PM
Thanks for posting this. Different and probably suitable for the occasion. I assume this was a part of the Carreras Domingo concerts?

I was glad to see her stop flipping her hair all the time; she seems to have stopped that about 10 years ago.