View Full Version : Footage of DRATS at the The Frontier Hotel

test

Motown Queen
10-25-2014, 05:52 PM
WOW! Wish this was longer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbxXOntnLKA&list=UU54WY0Ri2Y4FM6cDnOKBvaA

antceleb12
10-25-2014, 06:15 PM
WOW! What a treat! I'm wondering if that's 'official' tape or bootleg tape. Judging by the quality I'm guessing bootleg, but who knows?

bradsupremes
10-25-2014, 08:41 PM
WOW! What a treat! I'm wondering if that's 'official' tape or bootleg tape. Judging by the quality I'm guessing bootleg, but who knows?

These were snippets from the Brown Sugar documentary done in the early 80's. The same shot of Diana, Mary, Cindy & Jean on stage together was seen in Diana's 1976 TV special during her Supremes flashback segment, but the difference was that shot was in color.

The entire show was filmed and I heard a rumor Motown filmed it for an intended TV special which never got off the ground. Don't know how true that is.

marv2
10-25-2014, 08:47 PM
These were snippets from the Brown Sugar documentary done in the early 80's. The same shot of Diana, Mary, Cindy & Jean on stage together was seen in Diana's 1976 TV special during her Supremes flashback segment, but the difference was that shot was in color.

The entire show was filmed and I heard a rumor Motown filmed it for an intended TV special which never got off the ground. Don't know how true that is.

I saw the whole show that was filmed. I also saw one of the other nights of the Frontier engagement from Jan '70 back in 1989.