PDA

View Full Version : Soul Legends Live at Liverpool Hilton

test

mysterysinger
10-20-2014, 05:10 PM
At last night's after show gala party at Liverpool Hilton we were treated to....

Dionne Warwick - "Alfie"

Gwen Dickey - "Wishing On A Star", "Love Don't Live Here Anymore", "Car Wash"

Kim Weston - "It Takes Two"

Billy Paul - "Let Em' In", "Me & Mrs Jones"

Deniece Williams - "Free", "Let's Hear It For The Boy"

Brenda Holloway "You've Made Me So Very Happy", "My Guy"

Russell Thompkins & New Stylistics - "You Make Me Feel Brand New", "I Can't Give You Anything [[But My Love)" plus one other I didn't know

Sheila Ferguson - "Let's Stay Together", "When Will I See You Again" plus one other

Dennis Edwards Temptations Review - "Papa Was A Rolling Stone", "Just My Imagination", "My Girl", "Old Man River" plus one other.

theboyfromxtown
10-20-2014, 06:00 PM
I wish the tour would come to London. Sounds like a great bill.

jaybs
10-21-2014, 03:57 AM
This was a well kept secret! lol and I know the person who does the PR for The Liverpool Hilton, what a line up, I had heard that Dionne Warwick was doing tour dates but when I checked out the website David Gest has there was no mention, disappointed to miss this concert!

smark21
10-21-2014, 08:01 AM
I thought Sheila Ferguson wasn't in the first line up of the Three Degrees and that she came along a couple of years later?

marv2
10-21-2014, 08:12 AM
I thought Sheila Ferguson wasn't in the first line up of the Three Degrees and that she came along a couple of years later?

She wasn't in the original group. She was a soloist when she and the Three Degrees were recording for the same label. Sometimes they would sing on each others' records during those early years.

mysterysinger
10-21-2014, 01:25 PM
Dionne Warwick was only on the show at the Liverpool O2 Arena and at the after gala party. She wouldn't have sung at the party but for a bid in the charity auction which requested she sang "Alfie". Gwen Dickey wasn't on the show at Liverpool but she sang at the gala party. The Liverpool show at the O2 Arena was a sell out.

marybrewster
10-21-2014, 04:40 PM
None of the current Three Degrees are an original member.

Sheila however was with the group during their "heyday" ; actually for over 20 years, from the mid-60's until the mid-80's. She's the voice on "When Will I See You Again"; perhaps that is what the poster is trying to imply.

mysterysinger
10-21-2014, 05:18 PM
Brenda Holloway at the Gala Party.

smark21
10-21-2014, 08:21 PM
None of the current Three Degrees are an original member.

Sheila however was with the group during their "heyday" ; actually for over 20 years, from the mid-60's until the mid-80's. She's the voice on "When Will I See You Again"; perhaps that is what the poster is trying to imply.

Still stretching a point but that's publicity, PR and show biz advertising for you.

AshleyScott
11-05-2014, 01:49 AM
Helen Scott is an original. She sung a lot of leads on the Swan Recordings and she is still with the group to this day. :)