PDA

View Full Version : "Nightflight" Tue Oct 14, 9P-12M ET: My Singer/Songwriter Series Pt 3-Joni Mitchell!

test

midnight johnny
10-14-2014, 08:37 AM
Howdy there, Folks! Tonight, on "Nightflight", my singer/Songwriter Series continues with a tribute to the genius of Joni Mitchell! Join me for amazing music from Joni's catalogue...rare tracks, live performances and a very special recent interview. And will there be Motown??? Well...of course! All this and more...tonight...on "Nightflight"...on WOMR 92.1 FM Provincetown and online at www.womr.org [[http://www.womr.org) See you on the radio! Thanks! John

theboyfromxtown
10-14-2014, 10:25 AM
Can you pick me up in a big yellow taxi please!

Glenpwood
10-14-2014, 04:14 PM
I will be "Blue" with anticipation of this show! See everyone at 9 sharp!

midnight johnny
10-14-2014, 05:39 PM
Can you pick me up in a big yellow taxi please!Good one, Johnny!

midnight johnny
10-14-2014, 05:44 PM
I will be "Blue" with anticipation of this show! See everyone at 9 sharp!

If you missed the show...then I'd be a "Little Green"! Glad you'll be catching "This Flight Tonight"...see ya later!

midnight johnny
10-14-2014, 08:36 PM
.....in the studio.....Howdy, Folks!!!

Mark Desjardines
10-14-2014, 09:26 PM
Another day without rain on the "wet coast", and just back home from an afternoon of thrift store record bin scouring, and just tuning in to our Joni special, John!

midnight johnny
10-14-2014, 09:32 PM
Another day without rain on the "wet coast", and just back home from an afternoon of thrift store record bin scouring, and just tuning in to our Joni special, John!
Well....WELCOME home, my friend!!

Glenpwood
10-14-2014, 09:37 PM
Evening John and the gang. Sorry to be so tardy but dinner out ran long. Hope I didnt miss too much....

Glenpwood
10-14-2014, 09:38 PM
Carl says hello too and apologizes for thinking this was a Carly Simon tribute. In his defense the wine was flowing tonight hehe..... I did scold him.....;)

midnight johnny
10-14-2014, 09:44 PM
Evening John and the gang. Sorry to be so tardy but dinner out ran long. Hope I didnt miss too much....

Well....welcome, Glen and Carl! Nope...not Carly.... You are allowed to be tardy, my friend! But...AWFULLY glad you're here!

Glenpwood
10-14-2014, 10:51 PM
Loving the show tonight John. Some beautiful choices for songs and interviews.

midnight johnny
10-14-2014, 10:54 PM
Loving the show tonight John. Some beautiful choices for songs and interviews.
Thanks, Glen...much appreciated! I do love "Fresshhhhhhhhhh Aaiiiirrrr"......

Mark Desjardines
10-14-2014, 11:10 PM
John, other female recording artists have recorded Marvin Gaye's "Trouble Man," and done a creditable job, but none of then has captured the fire of those lyrics like Joni Mitchell. Thanks for sharing this with us!

midnight johnny
10-14-2014, 11:12 PM
John, other female recording artists have recorded Marvin Gaye's "Trouble Man," and done a creditable job, but none of then has captured the fire of those lyrics like Joni Mitchell. Thanks for sharing this with us!

Mark.....thanks for mentioning it on you FB post. She was a most remarkable vocalist...phrasing...notations....all of it!!

Glenpwood
10-14-2014, 11:42 PM
Useless trivia : The Beat Of Black Wings is Janet Jackson's favorite Joni Mitchell song. She covered it but her record label declined to release it despite Joni liking her treatment of it....

midnight johnny
10-15-2014, 08:41 AM
Useless trivia : The Beat Of Black Wings is Janet Jackson's favorite Joni Mitchell song. She covered it but her record label declined to release it despite Joni liking her treatment of it.... Now I didn't know that....thanks, Glen!

midnight johnny
10-15-2014, 08:44 AM
Thanks so much, Glen and Mark for joining me with Joni part one. Next Tuesday...Joni part two with some great things I've never aired before...and a very recent, quite remarkable interview! Have a great week, guys!