PDA

View Full Version : RIP Paul Revere

test

jillfoster
10-05-2014, 12:22 PM
Leader of Paul Revere and the Raiders, died yesterday at the age of 76. A total of 16 top 40 hits between 1961 and 1972.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQ6RjP7MlXk

marv2
10-05-2014, 12:29 PM
Loved that song [["Indian Reservation"), loved the group as a kid they always seemed to be having a lot of fun. Rest in peace Paul and thanks!

Marv

soulster
10-05-2014, 02:22 PM
I just fairly recently got into their music. I prefer the earlier stuff. They were wild and crazy back in the early 60s when it wasn't allowed to happen. Crisco, anyone?

soulwally
10-05-2014, 03:46 PM
The group had absolutely zilch impact in Britain. I guess we had enough guitar groups of our own at that time.

Mary G Jive Five
10-05-2014, 03:55 PM
They were still performing, minus Mark Lindsay. Fun to watch.

My condolences to his family, friends and fans. May Paul Revere Rest In Peace..

~~Mary~~

soulster
10-06-2014, 12:17 AM
I guess, for me, the reason I never really got into their music before is because their music just wasn't very rhythmic.

Doug-Morgan
10-06-2014, 07:59 AM
I believe Phil [["Fang") Volk [[bass),and Mark Lindsay are the only members of the "classic" Raiders still alive......

nathanj06
10-06-2014, 09:33 AM
Loved those guys. RIP Paul Revere.

tsull1
10-06-2014, 10:13 PM
I live in Boise, Idaho, where Paul lived about a block from me for awhile [[behind a nice gate with some cool landscaping), I never saw him. He moved to Branson, Missouri, for awhile to be near where he was performing. Moved back to Idaho out in the mountains outside of Boise for his final days. Everything I heard here was he was a great guy, very generous to others, charities, etc., fun to be around. R.I.P. Paul.

stephanie
10-06-2014, 11:26 PM
This group was a staple in my household. My mom loved Paul Revere and the Raiders and me and my brother were beyond Mark Lindsay we knew the names of the other Raiders [[Smitty, Harpo, Fang, Drake and the rest of them Freddy Weller,,,etc.) I have heard very good things about Paul and believe it or not the group without Mark Lindsay [[lead singer) musically were very good and still played to large crowds. I wish they had made it into the RRHOF they made some good songs. RIP Paul you are truly missed.

Doug-Morgan
10-07-2014, 08:10 AM
My favorite clip, from "Swingin' Time".......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jECgI7PZL2U
[[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jECgI7PZL2U)

soulster
10-07-2014, 11:47 PM
Something tells me they are now on the fast track to be inducted into the R&R HOF. It's just too bad he won't be around to enjoy the honor.

As my family rarely ever played any rock records in our home growing up, I never heard, or remember hearing the band until the 90s on oldies radio. I probably heard 'em on the top 40 radio in the 60s, but I don't remember them. I do remember all the British bands being played on it, though.

splanky
10-11-2014, 07:04 AM
I remember liking Indian Reservation and some of their other stuff way back then but I
never really followed their career or music too much. I also remember being surprised later
that New Birth had recorded a basically plagiarised version of IR until the title of African Cry,
I'm guessing it was Harvey Fuqua's idea, that I don't think was ever challenged...