PDA

View Full Version : The forest of motown

test

arr&bee
10-04-2014, 11:42 AM
One day while out hiking I came across a forest,now being the curious type I decided to follow the path that read-IT'S WHAT IN THE GOOVES THAT COUNT um ok why not shortly along I met dude named-SMOKEY who warned me to beware of the-FORK IN THE ROAD,and he also said that there were many-TEMPTATIONS along the way so I had better-GET READY for things to come,soon came across a sign that read-DESTINATION ANYWHERE I stayed away from that one and further along I meet three guys who called theselves-H-D-H who told me that if I wanted to get out of
there I had better-RUN RUN RUN,I thanked them and continued on my way and saw five tall dudes who said that they were the-EMPERORS OF SOUL and asked what I was doing in the forest I told em just passing through they assured me that if I kept moving that would be-ALL I NEED to find my way.This was a different forest from any I have passed through as I also met several maidens named-MARY-DIANA-CINDY-KATHERINE-WANDA-MARTHA-CLAUDETTE and they all sang like angels wow what a magical place,maybe this was all a dream so maybe someone should-SHAKE ME WAKE ME but since I was wide awake this was no dream so I kept walking until at last I saw a clearing ahead and a man on a big white horse named-BERRY who told me that the clearing up ahead was a place called-HITSVILLE but before I reached it another sign said to-COME AND GET THESE MEMORIES so I went and got them from a beautiful lady named-CHERIE AMOUR and I finally reached the clearing but when I looked back the forest was gone perhaps it was-JUST MY IMAGINATION or just a-DREAM COME TRUE.

arr&bee
10-04-2014, 02:28 PM
Everyone's a critic.

marv2
10-04-2014, 06:23 PM
JAI this is great . Did you write this? Where is it from?

soulster
10-04-2014, 07:23 PM
That story was a forest without the use of any punctuation or paragraphs.

Philles/Motown Gary
10-05-2014, 02:08 AM
arr&bee, I enjoyed hearing the tale of your frustrating journey. Being the hiker that you are, it sounds like you were indeed Born To Wander [[1). Getting lost as you did, however, I can only begin to appreciate how Helpless [[2) you must have felt. All of those road signs in the middle of the tall, dark woods – especially the one warning Danger Heartbreak Dead Ahead [[3), must have been confusing as all hell – not unlike a Ball Of Confusion[[4). And those trees were so dense and tall, I’ll bet you thought to yourself, "Ain’t No Mountain High Enough[[5)" for me to see over these towering suckers! As the day progressed, even in the middle of the dark, damp forest, you could feel the predicted Heat Wave[[6) settling in. In no time at all, it was Hotter Than July[[7). Before long, covered in sweat, you thought to yourself, "Well, this is A Fine Mess[[8)! Now I’m not only tired, lost, and drenched, I’m hungry! If only I could get my hands on some Home Cookin’[[9). Heck, at this point, I’d even settle for some Buttered Popcorn[[10)." With little time to spare, you convinced yourself, "Don’t Look Back[[11) because there’s No Time For Tears[[12) Just Keep On Truckin’[[13) forward and everything will be fine". After another hour of feeling your way, you must have taken another wrong turn because you ended up Back To Nowhere[[14). Fit to be tied, all you could think was, "Self, we’re coming to The End Of Our Road[[15). There’s only One Way Out[[16) of here. Somebody’s just gotta Show Me The Way [[17). Suddenly, you had a brainstorm! "I know! I’ll Try Something New[[18)! If I can just make my way up to some Higher Ground[[19), I’ll be able to look out over the forest and see my way out of here. At last, We’ll Have It Made[[20)! All I Need Is Time[[21) before it gets dark." Refusing to give up, and with all the confidence in the world, you pressed on. The farther you went, however, the more tired and weary you grew – so much so that you started hallucinating. First, you thought you saw Lil’ Red Ridin’ Hood[[22) prancin’ through the woods before you. Then, you could have sworn you saw figures dancing down the path before you at the Function At The Junction[[23) which, it turns out, was just the wind blowing the branches of some trees at two crossroads." Just as you were ready to give up all hope, a miracle happened – you woke up! It seems that, all along, you were never lost at all. You were merely Sleepin’[[24)! With a whole new sense of confidence, you realize, "Those woods weren’t so scary after all. In fact, song titles were floatin’ all over the place like the Music Of My Mind[[25)! Now that I look back, the route I took proved that, like they say, Happy Is A Bumpy Road[[26). In fact, the more I think about it, I Want To Go Back There Again[[27)!"

1) Rare Earth
2) Kim Weston / The Four Tops
3) The Marvelettes
4) The Temptations
5) M. Gaye & T. Terrell / D.R. & The Supremes & The Temptations / Diana Ross
6) Martha & The Vandellas
7) Stevie Wonder
8) The Temptations
9) Jr. Walker & The All Stars
10) The Supremes
11) The Temptations
12) The Marvelettes
13) Eddie Kendricks
14) Valerie Simpson
15) Gladys Knight & The Pips / Marvin Gaye
16) Martha & The Vandellas
17) Martha Reeves & The Vandellas
18) The Miracles / Diana Ross & The Supremes & The Temptations
19) Stevie Wonder
20) The Spinners
21) Gladys Knight & The Pips
22) The Undisputed Truth
23) Shorty Long
24) Diana Ross
25) Stevie Wonder
26) The [[‘70s) Supremes / The Four Tops
27) Chris Clark / Thelma Houston / Diana Ross

arr&bee
10-06-2014, 12:22 AM
arr&bee, i enjoyed hearing the tale of your frustrating journey. Being the hiker that you are, it sounds like you were indeed born to wander [[1). Getting lost as you did, however, i can only begin to appreciate how helpless [[2) you must have felt. All of those road signs in the middle of the tall, dark woods – especially the one warning danger heartbreak dead ahead [[3), must have been confusing as all hell – not unlike a ball of confusion[[4). And those trees were so dense and tall, i’ll bet you thought to yourself, "ain’t no mountain high enough[[5)" for me to see over these towering suckers! As the day progressed, even in the middle of the dark, damp forest, you could feel the predicted heat wave[[6) settling in. In no time at all, it was hotter than july[[7). Before long, covered in sweat, you thought to yourself, "well, this is a fine mess[[8)! Now i’m not only tired, lost, and drenched, i’m hungry! If only i could get my hands on some home cookin’[[9). Heck, at this point, i’d even settle for some buttered popcorn[[10)." with little time to spare, you convinced yourself, "don’t look back[[11) because there’s no time for tears[[12) just keep on truckin’[[13) forward and everything will be fine". After another hour of feeling your way, you must have taken another wrong turn because you ended up back to nowhere[[14). Fit to be tied, all you could think was, "self, we’re coming to the end of our road[[15). There’s only one way out[[16) of here. Somebody’s just gotta show me the way [[17). Suddenly, you had a brainstorm! "i know! i’ll try something new[[18)! if i can just make my way up to some higher ground[[19), i’ll be able to look out over the forest and see my way out of here. At last, we’ll have it made[[20)! all i need is time[[21) before it gets dark." refusing to give up, and with all the confidence in the world, you pressed on. The farther you went, however, the more tired and weary you grew – so much so that you started hallucinating. First, you thought you saw lil’ red ridin’ hood[[22) prancin’ through the woods before you. Then, you could have sworn you saw figures dancing down the path before you at the function at the junction[[23) which, it turns out, was just the wind blowing the branches of some trees at two crossroads." just as you were ready to give up all hope, a miracle happened – you woke up! It seems that, all along, you were never lost at all. You were merely sleepin’[[24)! With a whole new sense of confidence, you realize, "those woods weren’t so scary after all. In fact, song titles were floatin’ all over the place like the music of my mind[[25)! Now that i look back, the route i took proved that, like they say, happy is a bumpy road[[26). In fact, the more i think about it, i want to go back there again[[27)!"

1) rare earth
2) kim weston / the four tops
3) the marvelettes
4) the temptations
5) m. Gaye & t. Terrell / d.r. & the supremes & the temptations / diana ross
6) martha & the vandellas
7) stevie wonder
8) the temptations
9) jr. Walker & the all stars
10) the supremes
11) the temptations
12) the marvelettes
13) eddie kendricks
14) valerie simpson
15) gladys knight & the pips / marvin gaye
16) martha & the vandellas
17) martha reeves & the vandellas
18) the miracles / diana ross & the supremes & the temptations
19) stevie wonder
20) the spinners
21) gladys knight & the pips
22) the undisputed truth
23) shorty long
24) diana ross
25) stevie wonder
26) the [[‘70s) supremes / the four tops
27) chris clark / thelma houston / diana ross

very nice indeed.

arr&bee
10-06-2014, 12:25 AM
that story was a forest without the use of any punctuation or paragraphs.gee soulster,all i had were three pennies and a stale bubble gum.