PDA

View Full Version : Undisputed Truth

test

no_place_like_motown
10-03-2014, 04:55 AM
Great find! Here's Undisputed Truth's first LP in full from 1971 with a track listing on You Tube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxjgmEwAppg

I had downloaded several tracks from this LP when it was available on I-Tunes a few years ago. Not sure if it was ever available on Amazon or still is. Sadly, it is no longer on I-Tunes.

...and as an added treat, here is yet another great version of "I Can't Wait Until I See My Baby's Face" this time by the Monticellos, a group which included Undisputed Truth's Joe Harris as co-lead. The song was recorded in 1967 and according to the YT poster was Clay McMurray's first production on his Red Cap Label, which was distributed by Solid-Hitbound.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sh7XWKLFKM0

Enjoy, folks!

soulwally
10-03-2014, 01:08 PM
A great song... and I enjoyed The Monticellos' version very much. I love Joe Harris's baritone, even if he had to share the leads here.

theboyfromxtown
10-03-2014, 01:20 PM
I wasn't immediately drawn to all of the tracks on this album when I first got it but it appealed to me more as I got older. I still rate those versions of "We've Got A Way Out Love" and "Grapevine".

If you ever see their "Let's Go Back to Day One" on youtube, I be grateful if you would post it her. My record player is out of reach these days and I can't get to play it anymore

theboyfromxtown
10-03-2014, 01:26 PM
I'd forgotten that the album version of Smiling Faces Sometimes was a whole lot different to the 45.

ejluther
10-03-2014, 05:06 PM
Love The Undisputed Truth [[all the permutations of the group) - Norman Whitfield really had a field day with them! I wish the first 6 albums would be released/rereleased on CD...

theboyfromxtown
10-03-2014, 05:12 PM
Love The Undisputed Truth [[all the permutations of the group) - Norman Whitfield really had a field day with them! I wish the first 6 albums would be released/rereleased on CD...

Yes please...... Down To Earth first please and with the extra tracks added to the UK release

edafan
10-03-2014, 05:18 PM
thanks

Edafan

edafan
10-03-2014, 05:51 PM
Track # 11 is not correctly listed.
It is not Like A Rolling Stone
It is another version of Smiling Faces Sometimes

but all of it is still A++++++++++

edafan

paul_nixon
10-03-2014, 06:48 PM
Yes please...... Down To Earth first please and with the extra tracks added to the UK release

I can sort that for you John........

theboyfromxtown
10-03-2014, 07:17 PM
I can sort that for you John........

Ooooo......and with my birthday this month too..

And can I have the bonus tracks please from the UK version!

theboyfromxtown
10-03-2014, 07:21 PM
I'd forgotten that the album version of Smiling Faces Sometimes was a whole lot different to the 45.

Playing the youtube clip from start to finish, I've discovered it is in track order up to Grapevine and then there's an extra version of Smiling Faces at the end but as Edafan says no Like A Rolling Stone. Great album. Nevertheless, I've played it all the way through twice tonight. Real pleased to have got that link. Thank you.

gordy_hunk
10-03-2014, 08:07 PM
This really is one of the finest LP that was issued on Motown Records. Every track was superbly performed - and of all the LP that have not been issued yet on CD, this has to be my top favourite for release.

As we had a box set of Rare Earth releases, perhaps we could have one just for the Undisputed Truth.

Interestingly, 'Face to face with the Truth' was issued on CD a few years ago, and I had hoped that other releases would follow ...

Ryon6
10-03-2014, 08:46 PM
Were their Motown albums that good. I liked UT but when the group expanded from 3, I kinda lost interest. But "You Plus Me Equal Love" is my all time fave UT recording.

edafan
10-03-2014, 09:12 PM
I was able to find Like A Rolling Stone mp3.
So using an online cutter and paster, I put the audio in the correct order

edafan

alexstassi
10-04-2014, 05:24 AM
I've got all of the Truths albums on Vinyl. Luckily I found vinyl rips online, but I wait for the day these are digitally released. Face to face I have on CD [[even though there's an audio glitch on "don't let her take your love from me") Let's hope these will see the light of day soon. Long overdue.

paul_nixon
10-04-2014, 09:24 AM
sure can if I have them - I'll look

no_place_like_motown
10-04-2014, 02:05 PM
Oops, sorry guys. I should've listened all the way to the last track! Here's "Like A Rolling Stone" which was uploaded separately:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eANzZiOietg