PDA

View Full Version : "Nightflight" Tue Sept 30, 9P-12M ET: My Singer/Songwriter Tribute Series!

test

midnight johnny
09-30-2014, 04:50 PM
Howdy there, Pals 'n' Gals! Tonight I start a special "Singer/Songwriter Tribute" series for 4 shows paying tribute to 5 music legends and geniuses, not only of the music and lyrics they have created, but of the amazing voices they lent to their own music over the past 50 years. Their writing has been so important to popular music during this time that their songs have been recorded by numerous other artists whose versions have become classics. On "Nightflight", I normally do a tribute to these icons yearly, but this time, I will present these tributes in a one month period. Tonight, I present to you the genius of Jimmy Webb! Included will be tracks from his most recent set of recordings from his amazing set "Still Within The Sound of My Voice" where he calls on numerous artists to join him on the tracks. I hope you'll join me for this and so much more...tonight...on "Nightflight" ...on WOMR 92.1 FM Provincetown and WFMR 91.3 FM Orleans and streaming live worldwide at www.womr.org [[http://www.womr.org) See you on the radio! Thanks! John

Mark Desjardines
09-30-2014, 06:49 PM
John, you never fail to amaze your listeners in the fine programming you conjure up on a weekly basis!

midnight johnny
09-30-2014, 07:07 PM
John, you never fail to amaze your listeners in the fine programming you conjure up on a weekly basis! Mark....thanks! I'm glad you enjoy the themes and the music. This particular set of 4 shows means a lot to me. These songwriters/singer are very deep in my heart and soul.....hope you'll be able to listen!

midnight johnny
09-30-2014, 08:47 PM
....in the studio....Howdeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

Glenpwood
09-30-2014, 09:07 PM
Evening All!

Can't wait to hear what treats you've lined up for us John. Your Webb tributes ate always exceptional.

Side bar: Happy 71st Birthday today to a beautiful voice that benefited from Jimmy's pen... Marilyn McCoo

midnight johnny
09-30-2014, 09:13 PM
Evening All!

Can't wait to hear what treats you've lined up for us John. Your Webb tributes ate always exceptional.

Side bar: Happy 71st Birthday today to a beautiful voice that benefited from Jimmy's pen... Marilyn McCoo
Howdy and thank you, Glen and Carl!!! Happy Birthday Ms McCoo!!

Ryon6
09-30-2014, 09:43 PM
Hey Gang, Tyrone's in the house!

midnight johnny
09-30-2014, 09:44 PM
Hey Gang, Tyrone's in the house!

Tyrone.....welcome!!!!!!!

texassoul
09-30-2014, 10:07 PM
JOHN!! Howdy. Sorry to be late.....had a hard time breaking away from The Voice. Have you played anything decent yet? ;o))))))

texassoul
09-30-2014, 10:08 PM
Of course you have!!!

midnight johnny
09-30-2014, 10:10 PM
Of course you have!!! Hey there Mike....welcome!!!! I'm glad you didn't mean that [[*grin)!

franjoy56
09-30-2014, 10:20 PM
Of course you have!!!hi im in nice hearing the 5th dimension jamming to some of their rare stuff. Happy bday marilyn mckoo

midnight johnny
09-30-2014, 10:22 PM
hi im in nice hearing the 5th dimension jamming to some of their rare stuff. Happy bday marilyn mckoo

Franjoy....a pleasure to see you!!!!

texassoul
09-30-2014, 10:23 PM
Really enjoying theme of this show!

midnight johnny
09-30-2014, 10:24 PM
Really enjoying theme of this show!

Well thank you Mike!! I appreciate that!

texassoul
09-30-2014, 10:24 PM
It's nice to be in Nice, isn't it? ;o))

midnight johnny
09-30-2014, 10:28 PM
It's nice to be in Nice, isn't it? ;o))

[[*smile)...................

Mark Desjardines
09-30-2014, 10:55 PM
John, I turned in late and am enjoying the version of "McArthur Park" you just played. It brought back a fun memory I had while as a teenager working at Jasper Park Lodge in the Canadian Rocky Mountains in Alberta back in the day. I was a midnite janitor and one of my jobs was waxing the floor in the Lodge Bar [[which I was too young to drink in!) The juke box had the Richard Harris single version and for a dime, with the right agility, I could hit the jukebox just the right way and get three plays for my dime. Since the single clocked in at just under 8 minutes, that was about how long it took to wax the floor. One evening, Prime Minister Trudeau was staying at the lodge and I guess the volume was way too loud and awoke him sleeping at a nearby cottage. His RCMP police guard rushed in and we had to pull the plug. We got busted and were warned never to play that jukebox again while performing our cleaning chores that summer!

texassoul
09-30-2014, 10:56 PM
[[*smile)...................

John, FranJoy said she is listening to the show from Nice [[France I assume).

texassoul
09-30-2014, 10:58 PM
John, I turned in late and am enjoying the version of "McArthur Park" you just played. It brought back a fun memory I had while as a teenager working at Jasper Park Lodge in the Canadian Rocky Mountains in Alberta back in the day. I was a midnite janitor and one of my jobs was waxing the floor in the Lodge Bar [[which I was too young to drink in!) The juke box had the Richard Harris single version and for a dime, with the right agility, I could hit the jukebox just the right way and get three plays for my dime. Since the single clocked in at just under 8 minutes, that was about how long it took to wax the floor. One evening, Prime Minister Trudeau was staying at the lodge and I guess the volume was way too loud and awoke him sleeping at a nearby cottage. His RCMP police guard rushed in and we had to pull the plug. We got busted and were warned never to play that jukebox again while perfuming our cleaning chores that summer!

What a spoiled sport Trudeau was!! ;o))

Glenpwood
09-30-2014, 11:05 PM
This Is Your Life is so gorgeous and Florence LaRue's best vocal with the 5th, although occasionally the mostly forgotten track Salty Tears gives it a run for the money...

texassoul
09-30-2014, 11:06 PM
I'm listening from the shadows while I finish my last year's tax return. Without such lovely music, I might be drinking a can of Drano right now!!

midnight johnny
09-30-2014, 11:15 PM
I'm listening from the shadows while I finish my last year's tax return. Without such lovely music, I might be drinking a can of Drano right now!!

No DRANO!!!! Use a PLUNGER....not as painful.....

midnight johnny
09-30-2014, 11:16 PM
John, I turned in late and am enjoying the version of "McArthur Park" you just played. It brought back a fun memory I had while as a teenager working at Jasper Park Lodge in the Canadian Rocky Mountains in Alberta back in the day. I was a midnite janitor and one of my jobs was waxing the floor in the Lodge Bar [[which I was too young to drink in!) The juke box had the Richard Harris single version and for a dime, with the right agility, I could hit the jukebox just the right way and get three plays for my dime. Since the single clocked in at just under 8 minutes, that was about how long it took to wax the floor. One evening, Prime Minister Trudeau was staying at the lodge and I guess the volume was way too loud and awoke him sleeping at a nearby cottage. His RCMP police guard rushed in and we had to pull the plug. We got busted and were warned never to play that jukebox again while performing our cleaning chores that summer!

3 plays for one dime......that's what I'm impressed with!!!

texassoul
09-30-2014, 11:19 PM
No DRANO!!!! Use a PLUNGER....not as painful.....

I don't relish the thought of plunging myself to death, but probably a better option! Thank you.

Ryon6
09-30-2014, 11:29 PM
My favorite Supremes' song from that Jimmy Webb produced album - love "When Can Brown Begin".

Mark Desjardines
09-30-2014, 11:32 PM
Can there ever be a song more right for this time than Jimmy Webb's "When Can Brown Begin." A wonderful choice from this vastly underrated Supremes recording, John!

midnight johnny
09-30-2014, 11:35 PM
My favorite Supremes' song from that Jimmy Webb produced album - love "When Can Brown Begin".

It truly is beautiful.....

franjoy56
09-30-2014, 11:36 PM
John, FranJoy said she is listening to the show from Nice [[France I assume).
No im in ny . So nice hearing when c brown begin by the supremes i love that album esp. All i want jean s voice is fabulous on these tunes

midnight johnny
09-30-2014, 11:45 PM
Folks....thanks so much for a great show!!!! Here's the line-up of forthcoming shows....
10/7....Laura Nyro
10/14....Joni Mitchell
10.21...Ashford and Simpson
10/28...my birthday show!!!!

franjoy56
09-30-2014, 11:45 PM
Johnny i will be listening next week the week after that and the week after .love laura nero! Jimmy webb and all these rare songwriters.. i learn so much from ur show outside t motown arena.

Ryon6
09-30-2014, 11:47 PM
Good night MJ. Any chance of hearing 5:30 Plane by the Supremes?

midnight johnny
10-01-2014, 08:12 AM
Johnny i will be listening next week the week after that and the week after .love laura nero! Jimmy webb and all these rare songwriters.. i learn so much from ur show outside t motown arena. Franjoy....glad you'll be listening to these tributes I've put together. Glad you were here tonight! Thanks!

midnight johnny
10-01-2014, 08:15 AM
Good night MJ. Any chance of hearing 5:30 Plane by the Supremes? Tyrone....thanks for listening! Sorry I missed your request. Have a great day!