PDA

View Full Version : Howard Stern - Smokey Robinson Interview

test

motown01
09-30-2014, 03:42 PM
Howard may not be everyone's cup of tea [[I happen to be a big fan) - but he's an excellent interviewer. Smokey Robinson was on the show today. It's a great interview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOD7uaIYMTs

Roberta75
09-30-2014, 03:49 PM
Howard may not be everyone's cup of tea [[I happen to be a big fan) - but he's an excellent interviewer. Smokey Robinson was on the show today. It's a great interview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOD7uaIYMTs

Is there much cussing or crude talk motown01? Id love to know before I listen.

Thank you.

Fondly,

Roberta

motown01
09-30-2014, 03:50 PM
A small amount - not too much.

Roberta75
09-30-2014, 04:18 PM
A small amount - not too much.

Thank you dear.

Roberta

soulwally
10-01-2014, 01:52 PM
Yes, good interview, although Smokey is tempted to repeat the Tracks of my Tears/Tears of a Clown/I Second that Emotion composition stories.
He's especially revealing on the Beatles making it big [[as white artists). And I always wonder why he always seems to namecheck Marv Tarplin as a co-writer, but not fellow Miracles Pete Moore, Bobby Rogers and Ronnie White.

stephanie
10-07-2014, 11:35 PM
Good interview! I am not a fan of Sterns but I have heard him do some serious interviews and he is very good when he is not cussing or talking about body parts and sex. I wish they had not been bashing Claudette about money but in was in jest and Smokey didnt seem to mind. I get the feeling Howard didnt do research I think he knew the history. Either way he did a good job and I can tell he is a fan. Thanks for posting this.

thomas96
10-08-2014, 01:47 PM
Stern's hit or miss with me. This one was fine but every time he said something blatantly wrong it pissed me off. Good thing Smokey corrected him every time. So begs the question... Did Smokey sleep with Diana?

snakepit
10-10-2014, 12:24 PM
What a shame that nobody who actually knows about Motown/Smokey gets the opportunity to interview him seriously.