pghmusiclover
09-30-2014, 07:54 AM
Here's Aretha's performance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bl8iBkjnRdA

Here's Aretha's interview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2Tgt9Jw2Fk#t=98

nysister
09-30-2014, 09:32 AM
Ms. Ree look very pretty last night. The background singers are some of NYC's best, and what a surprise to see Ms. Cissy up there holding it down. :)

marv2
09-30-2014, 10:31 AM
Ms. Ree look very pretty last night. The background singers are some of NYC's best, and what a surprise to see Ms. Cissy up there holding it down. :)

Do I also see Tawatha Agee., Fonzi Thorton? They are some of the top background singers in New York and in the country.

nysister
09-30-2014, 11:54 AM
Do I also see Tawatha Agee., Fonzi Thorton? They are some of the top background singers in New York and in the country.

And you know that Marv2!!

Mary G Jive Five
09-30-2014, 02:16 PM
I thought Aretha sounded better than she has in some time. Maybe she'll have a hit with this cover album. I'm anxious to hear the other cuts. I do prefer Adele's original version of "Rolling In The Deep", but the new arrangement adding "Ain't No Mountain High Enough" may carry it through. I hope she has a hit single on her hands.

~~Mary~~

Soul Sister
10-01-2014, 12:28 PM
From the clip I saw Ree Ree looked and sounded better than she has in a long time, happy for her!
It was good to see Cissy out again too, though she did look kind of sad.

S.S.

luke
10-01-2014, 02:08 PM
I think for 81 Cissy was ok. Everytime I watched her she was singing the lyrics unlike postings Ive read from some people. I imagine she was a bit nervous. I think Aretha's lower key sounds great. I just dont understand why she is redoing a recent masterpeice by Adele, and I dont understand the whole Aint No Mt High Enough add on.

marv2
10-01-2014, 08:24 PM
Me thinks Aretha has another hit on her hands! Over 1.4 million views in just 2 days on Youtube!~

nysister
10-02-2014, 03:30 PM
I think for 81 Cissy was ok. Everytime I watched her she was singing the lyrics unlike postings Ive read from some people. I imagine she was a bit nervous. I think Aretha's lower key sounds great. I just dont understand why she is redoing a recent masterpeice by Adele, and I dont understand the whole Aint No Mt High Enough add on.
Luke, redoing a masterpiece is not new for Ms. Ree as she has arethasized Natural Woman, Respect, Bridge Over Trouble Water, Spanish Harlem, Don't play that Song for Me, To Be Young Gifted & Black, and Marvin Gaye's Holy, Holy just to name a few.