PDA

View Full Version : A New Temptations 2-fer CD

test

Philles/Motown Gary
09-25-2014, 04:46 PM
When The Temptations left Motown for Atlantic Records, they cut two albums [[the second one with Holland-Dozier-Holland) before returning to Motown. Here's what they were up to while they were away -- finally together on one new CD courtesy of SoulMusic Records.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00M3IVE9S/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00M3IVE9S&linkCode=as2&tag=thesecdis-20&linkId=3EBVTHDCSDHSNWOZ

Ngroove
09-25-2014, 06:40 PM
Say...I got a question about those years....I'd assume, around the same time, "Whitfield Records" was in business, taking with them, Undisputed Truth, Willie Hutch, and Junior Walker. Temptations chose not to go along, even though they were leaving Motown [[for three years) anyways?

Philles/Motown Gary
09-25-2014, 11:52 PM
Good question, Ngroove. The Tempts may have already signed with Atlantic by the time that Norman Whitfield started his new label. I'm also thinking that The Tempts wanted a new or different sound, as they were already tired of being dubbed "The Norman Whitfield Singers". Just a guess, though. It would have been a great match. I can easily imagine The Tempts' vocals on The Undisputed Truth's "You + Me = Love" or Jr. Walker's "Back-Street Boogie"!

arr&bee
09-27-2014, 04:49 PM
The first[hear to temp you]is actually quite good once you get used to louis price who's a great singer but sounds alot like jerry butler.