PDA

View Full Version : Tracie Ellis Ross On THE VIEW Thiis Morning

test

milven
09-24-2014, 08:50 AM
Tracie will be on THE VIEW later to promote her new show BLACK-ISH , which debuts tonight on ABC

rrussi
09-24-2014, 10:56 AM
What time is The View, eastern time? Isn't it also on ABC?

milven
09-24-2014, 11:10 AM
East COast it is on at 11 a.m. on ABC

Philles/Motown Gary
09-25-2014, 12:24 AM
Did anybody catch Tracee's new "Black-ish" sitcom tonight? I missed it. I like her a lot, and I hope her new show does well for her.

Methuselah2
09-25-2014, 01:33 AM
BLACK-ISH
Season 1 Episode 1 | Pilot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjAmMDnTnMg

Buttered Popcorn and so forth
09-25-2014, 02:32 AM
I'll definitely get into this show! I'm still upset that her previous show "Girlfriends" never had a proper ending [[thanks to the union writers strike). It was one of the best, well-written shows ever and they just cancelled it after the strike. Sadly the story never got a proper ending...

Methuselah2
09-25-2014, 04:51 AM
Tracee & Anthony on
THE VIEW 9/24/14
5-min. clip:

http://touch.theybf.com/all/2014-09-24-tracee-ellis-ross-gets-colorful-in-duro-olowu-hits-the-view-with-anthony-anderson#1

rrussi
09-25-2014, 07:44 AM
I saw them on The View and then watched the first episode of Black-ish. It was good and I think the characters will grow and develop. It was quite different than expected, but well done with a sense of humor, but also a very positive message in today's society. Young kids and young people in general really don't see differences in people as far as race or color, they actually do see personality and the heart within. This is so true as I only retired last year as a public school teacher for 35 years. Anyway, it will be something to look forward too, how the characters grow and how the show finds its audience.

milven
09-25-2014, 08:43 AM
I liked it. It usually is hard to judge a pilot because they spend most of the twenty two minutes introducing the characters and the set up. But, I already like the characters and will check it out again.

Jimi LaLumia
09-25-2014, 09:28 AM
I DVR'ed it last night and will watch it today..

REDHOT
09-25-2014, 04:17 PM
Sorry i didn't like it,at all,and i wanna like it,i'm gonna watch it again,maybe i missed something,i like Tracy Ellis Ross,this was just corny to me.

Ryon6
09-25-2014, 08:16 PM
I enjoyed the show as well. I'll continue to watch it as long as its on the air.

sansradio
09-26-2014, 09:34 AM
I, too, enjoyed the first episode. I wish them the best...but I'm concerned that the one-joke premise may grow stale for them soon. Hopefully, they'll find fresh ways to explore the topic in future episodes. The writing, acting, and production were all quite well-executed.

jobeterob
09-27-2014, 12:32 AM
Young kids and young people in general really don't see differences in people as far as race or color, they actually do see personality and the heart within. This is so true as I only retired last year as a public school teacher for 35 years. Anyway, it will be something to look forward too, how the characters grow and how the show finds its audience.

Totally agree with and love this positive comment from rrussi above. It is so true ~ true with respect to race, true with respect to sexual orientation.

The world has moved on in many respects and is it great to see this positive progression.

Philles/Motown Gary
09-28-2014, 01:35 AM
BLACK-ISH
Season 1 Episode 1 | Pilot

Well dang! Methuselah2, I finally got around to watching the video link that you provided for "Black-ish", but it said that the video has been removed. [[Most likely a copyright problem.) I knew I should have watched it when you first posted it. Thanks anyway for trying.

jobeterob
09-28-2014, 01:57 AM
In terms of show business success, who is more successful ~ Tracee or Evan?

smark21
09-28-2014, 12:51 PM
In terms of show business success, who is more successful ~ Tracee or Evan?

No contest: Tracee. She was in a hit series before Blackish: Girlfriends. She has fans in her own right and has earned a reputation as an excellent and distinctive comedic actor. She's just not Diana's daughter. Evan on the other hand, has had a journeyman career so far, not establishing his own identity as Evan Ross. If he's known at all, it's as Diana's son and/or Ashlee Simpson's husband.

jobeterob
09-29-2014, 12:31 AM
I'm not that familiar with either. I'm a bit surprised by that answer.

Has The Hunger Games that he is in come out yet? Could that change things?

Maybe he did get quasi famous because of The Simpsons and his Mom.

Philles/Motown Gary
09-29-2014, 12:56 AM
Tracee & Anthony on
THE VIEW 9/24/14
5-min. clip:

http://touch.theybf.com/all/2014-09-24-tracee-ellis-ross-gets-colorful-in-duro-olowu-hits-the-view-with-anthony-anderson#1

Thanks, Methuselah2.

Methuselah2
09-29-2014, 02:10 AM
My pleasure Gary.