PDA

View Full Version : Four Tops - Now! [[CD Release)

test

motown01
09-23-2014, 10:51 AM
Hi There,

Does anyone have this on CD? I've searched and can barely find any record of its existence. I have the LP, but it would be great to hear this remastered!

Thanks,
Billy

Philles/Motown Gary
09-23-2014, 02:19 PM
Hi There,

Does anyone have this on CD? I've searched and can barely find any record of its existence. I have the LP, but it would be great to hear this remastered!

Thanks,
Billy

Yes, Billy -- The Four Tops "Now" was released on CD in the U.S. as MOTD-5466, although I don't remember what year as it was several years ago. Unfortunately, as you can see by the over-inflated price tag, "Now" is long-overdue for another reissue.

http://www.amazon.com/Now-Four-Tops/dp/B00000DWT7/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1411495704&sr=8-1&keywords=four+tops+now

marv2
09-23-2014, 02:36 PM
I too would like to see a new remastered CD release of this album after having it for decades on vinyl. Great album!

MotownSteve
09-23-2014, 02:37 PM
Not that it is what you are looking for but there are a lot of offers for it on LP under $10 on eBay. Then just find a place to make a CD from the LP.

mysterysinger
09-23-2014, 03:26 PM
Four Tops "Now" on CD has been going for huge sums on Ebay recently but I suspect we shan't have too long to wait for a CD release of some sort or perhaps download option [[which I wouldn't particularly be in favour of unless I could get a CD quality download from Qobuz).

My money is on a Culture Factory CD since they're starting to release some Four Tops albums soon [["On Top" and "Reach Out"). Alternatively maybe there could be a Japanese release next year from Universal with any luck.

calvin
09-23-2014, 04:21 PM
Yes it does exist and I have it:

It was released in 1992. Somehow I doubt that we'll see Universal release this on cd again, but I hope I'm wrong. Universal Japan could be a good bet if you're patient, they've re-released some of the hard-to-find ones [[such as "Portrait of the Originals"). Or it might be made available as a lossless download on Qobuz - I recently bought "Solid Rock" by the Temptations from them. Smokey Robinson & The Miracles' "What Love Has... Joined Together", another rare cd, was also recently made available as a download with 2 non-LP/non-cd bonus tracks.

Roger Polhill
09-23-2014, 06:22 PM
It must have released twice in the USA on cd as my copy MOTD-5466 does not contain the bonus track "California Dreaming" which is from "Soul Spin"

mysterysinger
09-23-2014, 07:43 PM
Several of the tracks, of course, are readily available on other CDs with the only exceptions being:

"Little Green Apples" [[I can't help thinking I have this on a CD already)
"Wish I Didn't Love You So"
"My Past Just Crossed My Future"
"Opportunity Knock"

So, if you're aware of any of these on other CDs I would like to know lol.

I'm not sure what this entails but it seems possible to get the complete album on mp3 download from this source and it's also possible to get "On Broadway" [[I hope it's legal lol).

http://www.goldenmp3.ru/four-tops/four-tops-now

http://www.goldenmp3.ru/four-tops/on-broadway

Buttered Popcorn and so forth
09-24-2014, 01:06 AM
It must have released twice in the USA on cd as my copy MOTD-5466 does not contain the bonus track "California Dreaming" which is from "Soul Spin"I have the same CD you have and the track order is the same as the original album, with "The Key" as the opening track.

calvin
09-24-2014, 03:31 AM
Yes funny how the song order is jumbled on this - and they list "What Is A Man" as a "bonus" track, though it's on the original LP, while "California Dreamin'" was added for some reason.

Mine is Motown 3746354662

http://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/four_tops/four_tops_now__f1/

marv2
09-24-2014, 06:50 AM
Yes funny how the song order is jumbled on this - and they list "What Is A Man" as a "bonus" track, though it's on the original LP, while "California Dreamin'" was added for some reason.

Mine is Motown 3746354662

http://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/four_tops/four_tops_now__f1/

Makes you wonder how much care and effort they put into re-releasing these classic albums.

calvin
09-24-2014, 03:09 PM
I'm not sure what this entails but it seems possible to get the complete album on mp3 download from this source and it's also possible to get "On Broadway" [[I hope it's legal lol).

A Russian music downloading site [[if that's what it really is)... I'd stay away from this.

motown01
09-24-2014, 09:52 PM
Thanks all. I have the album and have done my own transfer for my iPod, but was hoping to track down a copy of the actual CD release.

The Russian site sounds like it's also an LP transfer.

Buttered Popcorn and so forth
09-25-2014, 02:27 AM
Speaking of the album, I love the single version of "Don't Let Him Take Your Love From Me" which has the added horn overdubs. It's mono on the single but then they made a special stereo mix of the single version for their 50th Anniversary 2CD Anthology.