PDA

View Full Version : Faith Evans to discuss Florence Ballard movie

test

Pages : [1] 2

simplysupreme
11-11-2010, 12:47 AM
Faith Evans is scheduled to appear on The MoNique Show on BET, Thursday night, November 11. She's expected to talk about the upcoming Flo Ballard movie.

marv2
11-11-2010, 01:42 AM
That is great. Thank you for the heads up!

marybrewster
11-11-2010, 09:40 AM
Someone please update us with the details of Faith discussing this Flo movie.

ladyvanaye
11-11-2010, 09:53 AM
She shouldve played ETTA JAMES!!!!!!

marv2
11-11-2010, 09:59 AM
She shouldve played ETTA JAMES!!!!!!

LadyV, she could have done that one too!

Kamasu_Jr
11-11-2010, 10:19 AM
Someone please update us with the details of Faith discussing this Flo movie.

I thought we had enough of these threads. What happened to the one on Details on Florence Ballard movie?

arrr&bee
11-11-2010, 11:33 AM
In speaking of this movie,are the brewster projects still standing?because they would have to serve as a backdrop for any movie about the supremes!

jonc
11-11-2010, 12:34 PM
In speaking of this movie,are the brewster projects still standing?because they would have to serve as a backdrop for any movie about the supremes!

I was in Detroit 2 weeks ago and saw the Brewster Projects from the freeway. The towers are still standing but all the windows have been removed. They look completely ready for demolition if the city can indeed afford a demo in this current economy.

simplysupreme
11-11-2010, 02:10 PM
I thought we had enough of these threads. What happened to the one on Details on Florence Ballard movie?

I wondered the same thing. I went to put this info in that thread and saw it was gone.

arrr&bee
11-11-2010, 02:21 PM
i was in detroit 2 weeks ago and saw the brewster projects from the freeway. The towers are still standing but all the windows have been removed. They look completely ready for demolition if the city can indeed afford a demo in this current economy.

thanks jonc.

jobeterob
11-11-2010, 02:56 PM
I think it is possible that my frank and maybe blunt comments telling people to stop being so negative and to stop sowing discord and dissension amongst fans and to stop blaming Berry Gordy and Diana Ross for every problem that ever surfaced at Motown, caused the thread and another one or two to be deleted.

Ralph knows how to reach me; I haven't heard from him I will consult him and ask him if I was too blunt. I am sure he will tell me.

I do think the comments were warranted and I know the feelings are strongly shared.

jonc
11-11-2010, 03:28 PM
I think it is possible that my frank and maybe blunt comments telling people to stop being so negative and to stop sowing discord and dissension amongst fans and to stop blaming Berry Gordy and Diana Ross for every problem that ever surfaced at Motown, caused the thread and another one or two to be deleted.

Ralph knows how to reach me; I haven't heard from him I will consult him and ask him if I was too blunt. I am sure he will tell me.

I do think the comments were warranted and I know the feelings are strongly shared.

Your comment about bitter fans blaming Diana and Berry for every damned thing that ever happened at Motown was spot on. You told the absolute truth jobeterob.

ralpht
11-11-2010, 05:26 PM
I don't have any problem with your comments, Rob. I wish more people would understand what you are saying and leave all the pettiness be.

topdiva1
11-11-2010, 08:40 PM

The movie is scheduled to be shot on location in Atlanta - with some exteriors done in Detroit. But the Brewster projects as they now stand will not be used. As most of Detriot is blighted a story based in the 60's and 70's cannot be done on location in Detroit as that backdrop does no exist.

marv2
11-12-2010, 08:26 AM
The movie is scheduled to be shot on location in Atlanta - with some exteriors done in Detroit. But the Brewster projects as they now stand will not be used. As most of Detriot is blighted a story based in the 60's and 70's cannot be done on location in Detroit as that backdrop does no exist.

Flo's home she bought while a Supreme is still there and in pretty good shape, the whole street is.

marybrewster
11-12-2010, 09:31 AM
Could someone please transcribe and post all of the things Faith said about Flo's movie? I believe this program aired yesterday, so I naturally assumed every juicy detail would have been posted by now.

Kamasu_Jr
11-12-2010, 11:21 AM
Could someone please transcribe and post all of the things Faith said about Flo's movie? I believe this program aired yesterday, so I naturally assumed every juicy detail would have been posted by now.

Wasn't this a repeat? It was so unimportant to me, I didn't watch.

reese
11-12-2010, 11:51 AM

I didn't transcribe it, but the exchange was really brief. It wasn't the purpose of the interview. Faith talked about everything from how she was discovered, her children, having her own label, etc.

Re Flo: Faith said that the producer of the film had been trying to get in touch with her for months. When she finally did, she let her know that the role of Flo was hers if she wanted it. Mo'Nique congratulated her and showed photos of Flo and Faith side by side to illustrate their resemblance. That's basicially it.

marybrewster
11-12-2010, 12:19 PM
Thanks reese.

"I didn't transcribe it, but the exchange was really brief. It wasn't the purpose of the interview."

From the thread name you'd think that's ALL she was there to talk about. Thanks for clearing that up.

simplysupreme
11-12-2010, 12:59 PM
From the thread name you'd think that's ALL she was there to talk about. Thanks for clearing that up.

And in the initial post I said she was EXPECTED to talk about the movie, which is what the article I read stated.

marybrewster
11-12-2010, 03:19 PM
And in the initial post I said she was EXPECTED to talk about the movie, which is what the article I read stated.

I said THREAD NAME, not contents.

marybrewster
11-14-2010, 11:52 AM
http://www.torontosun.com/entertainment/music/2010/11/08/16040571-wenn.html

Evans, who starred in Beyonce Knowles’ 2003 comedy drama The Fighting Temptations, is working on getting her life back on track after she was arrested in August and charged with two counts of driving under the influence.

She faces six months in jail if convicted.

I wonder if Faith can film her scenes from a jail cell?

Kamasu_Jr
11-14-2010, 12:55 PM
http://www.torontosun.com/entertainment/music/2010/11/08/16040571-wenn.html

Evans, who starred in Beyonce Knowles’ 2003 comedy drama The Fighting Temptations, is working on getting her life back on track after she was arrested in August and charged with two counts of driving under the influence.

She faces six months in jail if convicted.

I wonder if Faith can film her scenes from a jail cell?

BAD MaryBrewster, just bad! Spank yourself! You don't really believe the Toronto Sun, do you? I thought Faith Evans had already gone to court about those charges. If it was her first offense, the court will be lenient.

topdiva1
11-15-2010, 01:49 PM
Flo's home she bought while a Supreme is still there and in pretty good shape, the whole street is.

Flo's former home is located on Buena Vista in the Russell Woods section. They will do possibly a few exterior shots - as Flo's old home looks well as does this entire area - I understand any interior shots of the house will be done on a replica set in Atlanta.

jobeterob
11-15-2010, 02:52 PM
I often wondered about the TV Movie they made about Karen Carpenter ~ The Karen Carpenter Story.

I understand that all copies were ordered destroyed by a Judge; Richard Carpenter or Richard Carpenter and his parents commenced legal action against whomever made the movie and got damages and an injunction ordering all copies of the movie destroyed. Apparently, the odd bootleg portion is available on Youtube.

I wondered why we never saw this movie repeated on TV anymore.

I gather the movie did quite a job on Richard and the parents; not sure if it was a fictional movie or if there was some truth to it. What I recall is that Mrs. Carpenter came across like Mary Tyler Moore in Ordinary People - brittle, brittle, brittle!

nomis
11-15-2010, 05:15 PM
Jobeterob - I highly recommend "The Carpenters - The Untold Story" by Ray Coleman it ranks as one of the best music biographies ever written,up there with Divided Soul..
Richard was the golden child of the family who could do no wrong and got a hell of alot more love from his parents than Karen did - this is where her eating disorder stems from,anyway its a great book wait til you read what Richard said to karen in front of Olivia newton John when they were playing some of Karens solo tracks...

jobeterob
11-15-2010, 06:17 PM
Thanks so much Nomis. I read a lot and I will track this book down.

topdiva1
11-15-2010, 06:31 PM
Faith would have likely spoken more about the movie if we did not have to listen to the loud mouth of the hostess - how common she is.

stephanie
11-15-2010, 07:04 PM
The Carpenters book is awesome. Poor Karen ..Richard tried to rule her at all costs and she was much more comfortable behind the drums.

nomis
11-15-2010, 07:09 PM
..yes Steph Richard came off very badly in the VH1 documentary...

jobeterob
11-15-2010, 07:33 PM
Ironic..........Karen's story and Florence's story are parallels in a way; for some reason, Karen's seems less self inflicted to me and she seemed more defenceless.

nomis
11-15-2010, 07:40 PM
..get that book Jobeterob... theres an interesting changing of power dynamics in the family when Richards addiction takes over and karens steely reserve to record without him comes to head...

midnightman
11-16-2010, 10:18 PM
Every time I view a documentary on the Carpenters I can't help but think that Karen was pushed into a corner by all the people she loved: her brother [[who by accounts could be demanding and controlling), her mother [[yes she was often picking Richard as the breadwinner of the family while she never looked at Karen similarly) and people in her label. Plus, much like many of the Motown acts [[Supremes included), she was very young when the Carpenters became superstars. I don't even think she was 20 yet when "Close to You" gave the group their first huge success. And then to gain not only domestic fame but international acclaim and touring almost all 365 days of the year [[their schedule and Motown's scheduling of their acts are almost similar to one another) added to her problems with her weight. I'm thinking not only did she take negative comments seriously, it made Karen develop a troubling soul that wasn't reconciled at all when she died in 1983.

midnightman
11-16-2010, 10:19 PM
Going back on topic, as far as the Faith interview is concerned, the Florence movie was hardly the point of its discussion since Faith has an album out and is dealing with a legal battle.

marybrewster
11-16-2010, 11:53 PM
Thanks for keeping it real.

marybrewster
11-19-2010, 10:24 AM
http://www.freep.com/article/20101119/ENT04/11190323/1035/ENT/R&B-singer-Faith-Evans-to-star-in-Florence-Ballard-biopic

Faith Evans is on her way to Detroit to immerse in the world of Motown.

The 37-year-old R&B star has been tapped to play singer Florence Ballard in "Blondie," a film chronicling the dramatic rise and fall of the late Supreme.

Evans will join the film's production staff today for a weekend tour of Detroit, meeting with Ballard's three adult daughters and visiting Motown sites.

The movie, a $3-million project by Atlanta's Spirit of Life Films, will begin shooting in January. Though some exterior scenes will be filmed in Detroit, principal shooting will take place in Atlanta. Producers say an accompanying soundtrack will include performances by Evans, Lauryn Hill, Fantasia and others.

Motown songs might be featured in the film, though clearances have not yet been finalized, said publicist Treavion Davenport.

The film's story pivots on the real-life experiences of Peter Benjaminson, a onetime Free Press reporter who conducted lengthy interviews with Ballard in the months before her 1976 death.

Those hours of tape became the basis for Benjaminson's 2008 book, "The Lost Supreme: The Life of Dreamgirl Florence Ballard."

Ballard, nicknamed Blondie for her light hair, fell into poverty after her 1967 ouster from the Supremes and was nearly destitute when she died in Detroit of a coronary blood clot.

She is widely considered the inspiration for Jennifer Hudson's character in the movie musical "Dreamgirls," but "Blondie" producers say their film marks the first authentic historical treatment.

"We want people to understand she does have a legacy," said Davenport. "The story has been told a lot of different ways, but this one is from her perspective."

This will be the sixth acting role for Evans, a pioneering hip-hop singer and widow of the rapper Notorious B.I.G.

"Faith was the ideal choice, and not just for her striking physical resemblance and vocals," said Davenport. "It's also Ms. Ballard's tribulations -- there are several parallels, and it's a story she really connects with."

Contact BRIAN McCOLLUM: 313-223-4450 or mccollum@freepress.com

Motown_M_1056
11-19-2010, 10:53 AM
http://www.freep.com/article/20101119/ENT04/11190323/1035/ENT/R&B-singer-Faith-Evans-to-star-in-Florence-Ballard-biopic

Faith Evans is on her way to Detroit to immerse in the world of Motown.

The 37-year-old R&B star has been tapped to play singer Florence Ballard in "Blondie," a film chronicling the dramatic rise and fall of the late Supreme.

Evans will join the film's production staff today for a weekend tour of Detroit, meeting with Ballard's three adult daughters and visiting Motown sites.

The movie, a $3-million project by Atlanta's Spirit of Life Films, will begin shooting in January. Though some exterior scenes will be filmed in Detroit, principal shooting will take place in Atlanta. Producers say an accompanying soundtrack will include performances by Evans, Lauryn Hill, Fantasia and others.

Motown songs might be featured in the film, though clearances have not yet been finalized, said publicist Treavion Davenport.

The film's story pivots on the real-life experiences of Peter Benjaminson, a onetime Free Press reporter who conducted lengthy interviews with Ballard in the months before her 1976 death.

Those hours of tape became the basis for Benjaminson's 2008 book, "The Lost Supreme: The Life of Dreamgirl Florence Ballard."

Ballard, nicknamed Blondie for her light hair, fell into poverty after her 1967 ouster from the Supremes and was nearly destitute when she died in Detroit of a coronary blood clot.

She is widely considered the inspiration for Jennifer Hudson's character in the movie musical "Dreamgirls," but "Blondie" producers say their film marks the first authentic historical treatment.

"We want people to understand she does have a legacy," said Davenport. "The story has been told a lot of different ways, but this one is from her perspective."

This will be the sixth acting role for Evans, a pioneering hip-hop singer and widow of the rapper Notorious B.I.G.

"Faith was the ideal choice, and not just for her striking physical resemblance and vocals," said Davenport. "It's also Ms. Ballard's tribulations -- there are several parallels, and it's a story she really connects with."

Contact BRIAN McCOLLUM: 313-223-4450 or mccollum@freepress.com

OK, I'm confused.
The Freep story says the film's plot or story pivots around Peter Benjaminson's life experiences & interviews . So is the story focusing on his taped interviews or Florence's experiences in Detroit during the Seventies? I guess most of the movie will feature Florence talking to Benjaminson?
I'm still not clear.

Three million is a lot of money to you or I, but it is very low budget for a film. It doesn't even cover the millions some of the living principles would demand to be portrayed on screen. producers and Faith better not have too grand a weekend in Detroit. They need to watch that budget. And no clearances for Motown songs have been obtained. So Motown music may or MAY NOT be in the film. That's telling, very telling. But something new for some forum members to discuss all weekend.

topdiva1
11-19-2010, 01:24 PM
I understand that various "parts and recollections" from "Dreamgirl My Life As A Supreme" by Mary Wilson and "All That Glittered My Life With The Supremes" by Tony Turner - have been purchased to go along with tapes and writings from the Peter Benjaminson bio on Flo, on which the movie is based.

It appears that this has been in the works for over four years - very quietly, the film is already expected to exceed it's present small 3 million budget.

jonc
11-19-2010, 01:44 PM
I understand that various "parts and recollections" from "Dreamgirl My Life As A Supreme" by Mary Wilson and "All That Glittered My Life With The Supremes" by Tony Turner - have been purchased to go along with tapes and writings from the Peter Benjaminson bio on Flo, on which the movie is based.

It appears that this has been in the works for over four years - very quietly, the film is already expected to exceed it's present small 3 million budget.

You can barely make a national TV commercial for $3 million dollars. This has to be a cable movie for Lifetime or TNT if it really is in the works. I'm still skeptical.

topdiva1
11-19-2010, 01:49 PM
You can barely make a national TV commercial for $3 million dollars. This has to be a cable movie for Lifetime or TNT if it really is in the works. I'm still skeptical.

Right, three million is a shocking small amount for any film, I do not understand how that amount can even remotely be feasible.

Motown_M_1056
11-19-2010, 02:18 PM

Put me down as skeptical too, but for a whole lot of other reasons.
A film can be made for a measly $3 million. But it's going to look cheap, vastly different from a Hollywood film made for $30 or $50 million. And $3 million is what the publicist obviously told Mr. McCollum. He didn't pull that figure out of the air. And I didn't see anything in the Free Press story about producers optioning or purchasing parts of other books to flesh out Peter Benjaminson's story.
How often is this is normally done and these "other Flo-book writers" are not requiring any credit?

Remember it was The Godfather based on Mario Puzo's novel, not The Godfather based on the book by Mario Puzo and a bunch of other guys who have written novels about the Mafia.

marv2
11-20-2010, 12:01 PM
Right, three million is a shocking small amount for any film, I do not understand how that amount can even remotely be feasible.

I'm pretty sure that will not be the final number.

marv2
11-20-2010, 12:03 PM
I learned this week that Nicci Gibert [[of the group Brownstone),has been chosen for the role of Maxine Ballard.

marv2
11-20-2010, 12:04 PM
Jet Magazine has a report on the movie in this week's issue.

stephanie
11-20-2010, 12:22 PM
Hey Marv
What did I tell you about the naysayers?

jillfoster
11-20-2010, 12:26 PM

Topdiva... it's a new age in independent filmmaking. With the advent of low cost digital technology, and editing through as AVID machine, a film can be made for much less than in the past. Keep in mind, a 60 minute episode of a soap opera costs about 250,000$, and depending on which show your'e talking about, it looks VERY good and high budget. My favorite gay themed movie of all time was shot for 850,000$... and it looked VERY good [[and they got Jaqueline Bissett and Mary Kay Place for that!). This Flo movie has a budget three and a half times that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCpgC2XsAlw

marv2
11-20-2010, 12:42 PM
Hey Marv
What did I tell you about the naysayers?

Hey Steph, you told it right!

captainjames
11-20-2010, 01:45 PM
I learned this week that Nicci Gibert [[of the group Brownstone),has been chosen for the role of Maxine Ballard.

Oh lord if that is true I can't wait until Maxine finds out !!! LOL

smark21
11-20-2010, 02:05 PM
There have been plenty of big budget movies that are awful--great production values does not equal a quality final product. Likewise, there are plenty of quality low budget movies.

The big key is whether the producers will get the right to have the music of the Supremes included in the movie.

Judging by the artists who are going to be on the soundtrack--Fantasia, Kelly Price, Lauryn Hill--I suspect the movie is going to be focussed on Florence Ballard battling adversity in her post Supremes years. I bet the movie will end with a "happy ending" of Flo performing "I Am Woman" in 1975 at that benefit in Detroit. Then as she takes her bows and before the end credits roll we'll read a caption that she died the following year.

marv2
11-20-2010, 02:12 PM
There have been plenty of big budget movies that are awful--great production values does not equal a quality final product. Likewise, there are plenty of quality low budget movies.

The big key is whether the producers will get the right to have the music of the Supremes included in the movie.

Judging by the artists who are going to be on the soundtrack--Fantasia, Kelly Price, Lauryn Hill--I suspect the movie is going to be focussed on Florence Ballard battling adversity in her post Supremes years. I bet the movie will end with a "happy ending" of Flo performing "I Am Woman" in 1975 at that benefit in Detroit. Then as she takes her bows and before the end credits roll we'll read a caption that she died the following year.

No, they are going to show the death scene, the funeral and the burial.

marv2
11-20-2010, 02:15 PM

What you described, I've seen done before [[Lady Sings the Blues, Brian's Song, etc,etc.) Not the same impact. They will follow the lead set by the Temptations movie where they depicted Paul Williams and Melvin Franklin's funerals. They also depicted David Ruffins death somewhat in that film. It had more of an impact on the viewer.

smark21
11-20-2010, 02:16 PM

But not the autopsy and the embalming? That would be a shame for audiences not to see that.

jonc
11-20-2010, 02:19 PM

I might have known a big Hollywood mucky muck like you would have seen or even approved the script. While we are on the subject of movies and television, any news of an air date for the hush hush ""Motown 50th Anniversary Network TV Special" you announced that you were working on last year? If you are still in editing we'd still love to see a rough cut or some clips.

Thanks in advance Marv and have a great Saturday.

jonc
11-20-2010, 02:24 PM
But not the autopsy and the embalming? That would be a shame for audiences not to see that.

ROTFLMFAO. That's all in "Blondie Part Deux" the follow up movie smark21.

stephanie
11-20-2010, 04:05 PM
Are there any pictures or any tapes existing of Flos last performance at the benefit for Joanne Little?

jillfoster
11-20-2010, 04:39 PM
Are there any pictures or any tapes existing of Flos last performance at the benefit for Joanne Little?

i'd like to know that, too. i've never seen so much as a picture.... not even heard any first hand accounts.

midnightman
11-20-2010, 05:04 PM
I'm with smark21, I think the Florence film will depict her later years and I do believe there's enough of that to make a complete film. Different from one of the Marvin biopics that was to focus on his final years because he only did one album for Columbia/CBS.

midnightman
11-20-2010, 05:05 PM

No. Not even pictures. I didn't even see JET cover it.

stephanie
11-20-2010, 07:01 PM
I find this to be strange because the Joanne Little story was big in Detroit and to have Flo singing on stage when the world knew her plight I would have thought this event would have been covered.

jillfoster
11-20-2010, 07:14 PM
I know, Steph... i'd have at least thought there would be a newspaper clipping, a fan in the audience with an instamatic, something.

marv2
11-20-2010, 08:34 PM

Other than what was shown on the local news by WXYZ Channel 7 in Detroit at the time, I would no. I doubt that they still even have the footage.

marv2
11-20-2010, 08:35 PM
No. Not even pictures. I didn't even see JET cover it.

It was a local story basically. The Free Press covered it ,so did Channel 7 WXYZ.

marv2
11-20-2010, 08:37 PM
I find this to be strange because the Joanne Little story was big in Detroit and to have Flo singing on stage when the world knew her plight I would have thought this event would have been covered.

The Joanne Little story and the disappearance of Jimmy Hoffa was all you heard on the news locally in Detroit in 1975. The only story I can remember that rivaled those were that of Malice Green police brutality story in the early 90's.

marybrewster
11-20-2010, 09:11 PM
"Blondie: The Florence Ballard Story" has their own Facebook page.

There are some new pics uploaded of Faith Evans in Detroit from this weekend, including:

"R&B Singer Faith Evans, center right, visits the Motown Museum with [[from the left) Michelle Ballard-Chatman, Maxine Ballard, and Nicole Ballard-Chatman in Detroit on Friday, Nov. 19, 2010."

Ahem.

olamaebarto
11-20-2010, 10:35 PM
"Blondie: The Florence Ballard Story" has their own Facebook page.

There are some new pics uploaded of Faith Evans in Detroit from this weekend, including:

"R&B Singer Faith Evans, center right, visits the Motown Museum with [[from the left) Michelle Ballard-Chatman, Maxine Ballard, and Nicole Ballard-Chatman in Detroit on Friday, Nov. 19, 2010."

Ahem.

Well I can tell you this, my temple is so excited. At one point I thought about converting back to being a Catholic, but I think I can get the jews behind this film.

jillfoster
11-20-2010, 11:10 PM
Great pictures on that facebook page... Faith posing with Maxine and Flo's girls. This thing is gaining momentum, it should be an exciting ride!

jonc
11-20-2010, 11:19 PM
Great pictures on that facebook page... Faith posing with Maxine and Flo's girls. This thing is gaining momentum, it should be an exciting ride!

I'd hardly call 498 facebook followers "gaining momentum" Jill. When the camera starts rolling I'll get excited but until then anything can happen.

marv2
11-21-2010, 01:18 AM

...and remember, it's still very early!

marybrewster
11-21-2010, 02:06 AM
...and remember, it's ChaPman, not ChaTman!

jonc
11-21-2010, 02:33 AM
...and remember, it's ChaPman, not ChaTman!

Well this "Blondie" movie supposedly has Flo's daughters, the "Chatman" sisters as co-producers. LMFAO

marybrewster
11-21-2010, 02:36 AM
Honey, if they can't even get the last names of Flo's daughters correct, I can only imagine what's in store.....

jonc
11-21-2010, 02:50 AM
Honey, if they can't even get the last names of Flo's daughters correct, I can only imagine what's in store.....

Exactly marybrewster. I sincerely hope the Ballard-Chapman girls aren't being taken for a ride.

jobeterob
11-21-2010, 04:17 AM
Mary, even if you don't say so publicly, tell me somewhere or other why you think this is such a poor idea.

It looks like it will be pretty shoestring but it could be a decent story even without music and without trashing Berry, Mary or Diana, don't you think?

The trash talk has kind of lost much of it's value these days with the Internet. The splash was made with Dreamgirls which really turned out to be not much of anything and even the Supremes that could use a few bucks got nothing.

marybrewster
11-21-2010, 04:48 AM

Bravo's reality show 'Real Housewives of ATL' has been a drama-filled hit for the network.

If the on-screen catfighting between far-from-desperate 'Housewives' like NeNe Leakes, Kim Zolciak, Sheree Whitfield, Lisa Wu Hartwell and DeShawn Snow wasn't enough, the post-show fall-out and bickering seems to be never-ending.

Last week a report surfaced accusing R&B singer Nicci Gilbert, formerly of the R&B trio Brownstone, of being "the home-wrecker" who destroyed Sheree and retired NFL star Bob Whitfield's marriage.

http://www.bvbuzz.com/2008/11/26/buzz-exclusive-brownstone-s-nicci-gilbert-on-rumors-she-broke-u/

topdiva1
11-21-2010, 02:26 PM

This remark hits a new low in disrespect. You should be ashamed of yourself, but liely you are not and do not see your bad taste.

topdiva1
11-21-2010, 02:32 PM
Topdiva... it's a new age in independent filmmaking. With the advent of low cost digital technology, and editing through as AVID machine, a film can be made for much less than in the past. Keep in mind, a 60 minute episode of a soap opera costs about 250,000$, and depending on which show your'e talking about, it looks VERY good and high budget. My favorite gay themed movie of all time was shot for 850,000$... and it looked VERY good [[and they got Jaqueline Bissett and Mary Kay Place for that!). This Flo movie has a budget three and a half times that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCpgC2XsAlw

Latter Days - is one of my favorite movies as well.

topdiva1
11-21-2010, 02:36 PM
Put me down as skeptical too, but for a whole lot of other reasons.
A film can be made for a measly $3 million. But it's going to look cheap, vastly different from a Hollywood film made for $30 or $50 million. And $3 million is what the publicist obviously told Mr. McCollum. He didn't pull that figure out of the air. And I didn't see anything in the Free Press story about producers optioning or purchasing parts of other books to flesh out Peter Benjaminson's story.
How often is this is normally done and these "other Flo-book writers" are not requiring any credit?

Remember it was The Godfather based on Mario Puzo's novel, not The Godfather based on the book by Mario Puzo and a bunch of other guys who have written novels about the Mafia.

Taking into account your been there, done that, know it all posts, still - ALL HAS NOT YET BEEN REVEALED - and common sense could have told us all that.

marv2
11-21-2010, 05:42 PM
Taking into account your been there, done that, know it all posts, still - ALL HAS NOT YET BEEN REVEALED - and common sense could have told us all that.

Amazing what has happened to common sense these days huh? Just a few weeks ago he and several others here said that there will be no film made about Florence Ballard. You just watch!!!!

Kamasu_Jr
11-21-2010, 06:28 PM
It's so quiet, you can almost hear the crickets chirping.

jillfoster
11-21-2010, 11:28 PM
Apparently, from what i've read... it seems that a budget of 3 million dollars is the standard, and very common for made for TV movies. So it might not be a big screen feature, but neither was the Temps mini series. As a matter of fact, being 4 hours, it wouldn't surprsie me if the Temps mini series had a budget in the 6 million range.

marv2
11-22-2010, 12:40 AM
This remark hits a new low in disrespect. You should be ashamed of yourself, but liely you are not and do not see your bad taste.

It is the perfect example of the quality of people you are communicating with. Smark21 thinks what he said was cute, witty.

marv2
11-22-2010, 12:42 AM

I suppose you think what you just said is clever, witty? How old are you ?

jobeterob
11-22-2010, 12:52 AM
he's 37, tall, dark and handsome, chased by many Supreme Fans

jonc
11-22-2010, 01:19 AM
Apparently, from what i've read... it seems that a budget of 3 million dollars is the standard, and very common for made for TV movies. So it might not be a big screen feature, but neither was the Temps mini series. As a matter of fact, being 4 hours, it wouldn't surprsie me if the Temps mini series had a budget in the 6 million range.

Well if you can get past all the requests for praising and meditation, the atrociously bad spelling, the macabre pictorial visits to Flo's grave and them referring to Flo's daughters as Nicole and Michelle "Chatman" on the Blondie-The Florence Ballard Story" facebook page you'll clearly read they are going for a cinema release. LMFAO see below:

Blondie: The Florence Ballard Story We @ Spirit of Life Films & Autumn Bailey Entertainment are truly honored and blessed to have the opportunity to bring this iconic woman's story to life! Stay tuned for the latest and SEE YOU AT THE CINEMA!!!!!

"Thank you everybody for joining the Fan page and spreading the word. This is going to be a epic film and we are grateful to everybody for their love and support. Keep the comments coming. This film is being made with love and passion! :)Flo on!

Perhaps I'll be less skeptical when a camera actually rolls and a movie studio or TV network gets behind it.

jonc
11-22-2010, 01:51 AM
I suppose you think what you just said is clever, witty? How old are you ?

I wouldn't go there if I were you dearie. Some of your disgusting comments on Yahoo and youtube make smark21's look like a fairy tale for toddlers.

midnightman
11-22-2010, 03:07 AM
Now that's just wrong, how they're gonna misspell Florence's daughters' last name like that? LOL

Is the film even in pre-production yet though?

marybrewster
11-22-2010, 10:05 AM
Here are a few status updates from the "Blondie" Faceboook page:

This Film is being done with love& passion and with the
Strength greater then the Cast&Crew who is working on it! It's above
and beyond that.

“God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord.”

Look to the lord when you need answers!

Is this a religious movie? I am not trying to knock anyone's faith [[I have my own), but I think maybe someone needs to seperate the Lord and the Florence Ballard story.

marybrewster
11-22-2010, 10:20 AM
rob: Sorry for my delay in response. You asked a question and I shall answer:

It's not that I think this is a poor idea; I think it's a 'supreme' idea. But for me, there are so many signs [[many listed above) that point to disaster, that I am not about to get my hopes up. I am thrilled that Florence's story is going to be told, but I'm not of the opinion that this is the big cinematic release that will bury Diana Ross and Berry Gordy that so many others are hoping for.

jobeterob
11-22-2010, 12:26 PM
I see that in addition to not seeming to know the names of the girls, they also do not know the difference between "then" and "than". The name thing is a bad sign.

Thanks Mary; common sense from you as usual; and I think you are right. Hope the other Mary is good.

topdiva1
11-22-2010, 12:34 PM
he's 37, tall, dark and handsome, chased by many Supreme Fans

I am surprised that the Supreme fans still have the ability to run - LOL

marybrewster
11-22-2010, 01:38 PM
Now that's just wrong, how they're gonna misspell Florence's daughters' last name like that? LOL

Is the film even in pre-production yet though?

They can't even spell FLORENCE'S name right, LOL.

Alexis and Darryl, Florence grand kids,Faith and Florance two daughters visiting her grave today!

jobeterob
11-22-2010, 02:07 PM
What is with all the mispellings? They want to make some kind of movie about Florence Ballard and they can't even spell her name right and they mispell it several times; and then they mispell her children's last names. Strange.

Some Supremes fans are in shape; Rod is a bike class instructor; I am a Y instructor part time and teach lots of fitness classes. Wanna see a pic of my biceps? Or would you prefer something else? LOL.

marv2
11-22-2010, 09:48 PM
I am surprised that the Supreme fans still have the ability to run - LOL

HA! You are sho nuff a mess!!!!! LOL hhehehehehehehe umm ummm....

smark21
11-22-2010, 10:11 PM
I just wish some Flo fans weren't so fixated on the sad parts of her life as well as her death and her funeral. It seems they get off on viewing her a pathetic victim. I dont' have terribly high hopes for this movie, but judging by the religious content of many of the comments the team is leaving on the production's facebook page, it seems they want to make the story of Florence Ballard an inspirational story, something that will appeal to the Tyler Perry audience.

jobeterob
11-23-2010, 12:22 AM
Smark, some people live unhappy; they want to hurt others and that uplifts them. They don't recognize their unhappiness and the wallowing. Perhaps there is an identification with people that were unsuccessful and couldn't cope. Perhaps they elevate themselves catcalling at the successful. It takes all kinds........

marv2
11-23-2010, 08:49 AM
Some people like to hide the truth, but truth is the light. Now if the film sticks stritctly with the FACTS , then what is the problem? Oh the problem is that life and people are not always fair and good. Most ADULTS know that and accept that everything isn't a fairy tale............!

Yesterday marked the 47th Anniversary of the end of JFK's "Camelot". It ended in the murder of JFK! Not pretty, but it is a FACT. Non-fiction, for mature audiences only..........

marv2
11-23-2010, 08:57 AM
Smark, some people live unhappy; they want to hurt others and that uplifts them. They don't recognize their unhappiness and the wallowing. Perhaps there is an identification with people that were unsuccessful and couldn't cope. Perhaps they elevate themselves catcalling at the successful. It takes all kinds........

I am SO happy that this movie is finally being made! I wonder who hurt Flo? Who would want to do that, when by all accounts she was a wonderful,generous, upbeat and somewhat sassy girl?

I wonder who lifted her up when she was down! Who or what took away her happiness? Why was she "unsuccessful" after starting the greatest girl group in history and helping them to make history? She had the goods, so what happened to cause her life to end so unsuccessfully, making it difficult for her to cope? If the film is able to answer these questions, then it will be a great film in my opinion.

miss_lish
11-23-2010, 09:28 AM
Aren't they saying that one of Florence's granddaughters is named Florance, the other one is named Faith? Perhaps some know-it-for-a-fact Detroiter can set the record straight. Does Florence Ballard have a granddaughter named Florance?

miss_lish
11-23-2010, 09:33 AM
I am SO happy that this movie is finally being made! I wonder who hurt Flo? Who would want to do that, when by all accounts she was a wonderful,generous, upbeat and somewhat sassy girl?

I wonder who lifted her up when she was down! Who or what took away her happiness? Why was she "unsuccessful" after starting the greatest girl group in history and helping them to make history? She had the goods, so what happened to cause her life to end so unsuccessfully, making it difficult for her to cope? If the film is able to answer these questions, then it will be a great film in my opinion.

If you really want to know why Florence was unsuccessful, you may want to read Maxine's book. The reasons, although not clearly illustrated, are there, but the reader must be prepared to dig deep. Florence's family, upbringing, and background didn't prepare her for success.

jillfoster
11-23-2010, 09:42 AM
Some people like to hide the truth, but truth is the light. Now if the film sticks stritctly with the FACTS , then what is the problem? Oh the problem is that life and people are not always fair and good. Most ADULTS know that and accept that everything isn't a fairy tale............!

Yesterday marked the 47th Anniversary of the end of JFK's "Camelot". It ended in the murder of JFK! Not pretty, but it is a FACT. Non-fiction, for mature audiences only..........

True, Marv... I was watching the John Lennon American Masters docu last night on PBS, and that certainly didn't end as a fairy tale, either. Rob, I suppose there are some people who get enjoyment from bringing others down, but most of it is speaking out against injustice. Being a lawyer, you should know this. Does it bother you if people think you became a lawyer just for the money, and had no desire to help people who have been injured by others, either physically or financially? Think about that for a hot minute. It's not as if Supremes fans WANT to lift one up and bring the other down, it's just their way way of dealing with injustice that was handed out because of greediness and selfishness of Barry and Diana. In cases where group members didn't get screwed over, you don't see all this argument and dissention, such as the fan bases of the Fifth Dimension and Tony Orlando And Dawn, and even the BEATLES, to some extent. Each one of them had solo success, so you didn't have one wearing Bob Mackie gowns and jet setting around the world while the other was on welfare eating hamburger helper. Diana and Berry USED Flo, and then threw her away like a bloody tampon. There were smatterings of help because of a guilty conscience, but if Flo had been getting her just royalties, she wouldn't have NEEDED that help in the first place. I know many want to pretend that Diana Ross is this shimmering light on a mountain, but you have to face it, she's not. Some people are selfish, and she is one of them. But that doesn't mean her motives were out of malice, nobody ever said that. But that doens't mean you shouldn't enjoy her music. If you enjoy it, don't let anyone tell you that you shouldn't.

marv2
11-23-2010, 09:45 AM
If you really want to know why Florence was unsuccessful, you may want to read Maxine's book. The reasons, although not clearly illustrated, are there, but the reader must be prepared to dig deep. Florence's family, upbringing, and background didn't prepare her for success.

No, I want to hear and SEE it from Florence's point of view. She lived it, Maxine did not! This film is based on Peter Benjaminson's recorded inteviews with Florence Ballard [[the subject of the film) in 1975 which culminated in the book "The Lost Supreme". Thank you.

Marv

miss_lish
11-23-2010, 09:49 AM
What exactly did Diana Ross and Berry Gordy do to Flo? LMAO! Wouldn't let her sing leads; told her she was fat; crush an earring; put Diana Ross out front? What did they do to her? And further to the point, what did they do to Florence that they didn't do to Mary? I've read all the books, and I am still trying to discern what awful terrible thing they did to her.

marv2
11-23-2010, 09:49 AM
True, Marv... I was watching the John Lennon American Masters docu last night on PBS, and that certainly didn't end as a fairy tale, either. Rob, I suppose there are some people who get enjoyment from bringing others down, but most of it is speaking out against injustice. Being a lawyer, you should know this. Does it bother you if people think you became a lawyer just for the money, and had no desire to help people who have been injured by others, either physically or financially? Think about that for a hot minute. It's not as if Supremes fans WANT to lift one up and bring the other down, it's just their way way of dealing with injustice that was handed out because of greediness and selfishness of Barry and Diana. In cases where group members didn't get screwed over, you don't see all this argument and dissention, such as the fan bases of the Fifth Dimension and Tony Orlando And Dawn, and even the BEATLES, to some extent. Each one of them had solo success, so you didn't have one wearing Bob Mackie gowns and jet setting around the world while the other was on welfare eating hamburger helper. Diana and Berry USED Flo, and then threw her away like a bloody tampon. There were smatterings of help because of a guilty conscience, but if Flo had been getting her just royalties, she wouldn't have NEEDED that help in the first place. I know many want to pretend that Diana Ross is this shimmering light on a mountain, but you have to face it, she's not. Some people are selfish, and she is one of them. But that doesn't mean her motives were out of malice, nobody ever said that. But that doens't mean you shouldn't enjoy her music. If you enjoy it, don't let anyone tell you that you shouldn't.

I'm just saying.......... but Jill you said it better than I could this morning. Thank you.

marv2
11-23-2010, 09:50 AM
What exactly did Diana Ross and Berry Gordy do to Flo? LMAO! Wouldn't let her sing leads; told her she was fat; crush an earring; put diana ross out front? What did they do to her? And further to the point, what did they do to Florence that they didn't do to Mary? I've read all the books, and I am still trying to discern what awful terrible thing they did to her.

That is interesting. I'm still trying to find out where and when did Mary Wilson say " I hate Diane!".......

marv2
11-23-2010, 09:52 AM
What exactly did Diana Ross and Berry Gordy do to Flo? LMAO! Wouldn't let her sing leads; told her she was fat; crush an earring; put Diana Ross out front? What did they do to her? And further to the point, what did they do to Florence that they didn't do to Mary? I've read all the books, and I am still trying to discern what awful terrible thing they did to her.

This is why I said earlier, if the film can answer some of the questions I mentioned above, then it will be a great film.

miss_lish
11-23-2010, 09:52 AM
No, I want to hear and SEE it from Florence's point of view. She lived it, Maxine did not! This film is based on Peter Benjaminson's recorded inteviews with Florence Ballard [[the subject of the film) in 1975 which culminated in the book "The Lost Supreme". Thank you.

Marv

You're welcome. But if as you've stated, you want to know why Florence was unsuccessful, it's all right there in Maxine's book, which probably wasn't Maxine's intent, but there it is, all the same.

marv2
11-23-2010, 09:55 AM
You're welcome. But if as you've stated, you want to know why Florence was unsuccessful, it's all right there in Maxine's book, which probably wasn't Maxine's intent, but there it is, all the same.

That is Maxine's take on things and they are not using Maxine's book. Maybe that could be used for a different movie.

miss_lish
11-23-2010, 10:08 AM
Yes dear, but again, if you are interested in learning why Florence was not successful, it is all there in Maxine's book, and by this, I don't mean it was Maxine's opinion, but if a reader has the capability of reading between the lines, the reason Florence was unsuccessful had to do with coming up within an environment that didn't prepare her for success. And possibly, there were also some mental health issues and alcoholism. Have you read Peter's book? Is the information you seek found in Peter's book; or will only a cinematic rendering satisfy your lust to know why Florence was unsuccessful? If you haven't read it, I would encourage you to do so.

reese
11-23-2010, 10:31 AM
Aren't they saying that one of Florence's granddaughters is named Florance, the other one is named Faith? Perhaps some know-it-for-a-fact Detroiter can set the record straight. Does Florence Ballard have a granddaughter named Florance?

There is a granddaughter named Florence. Not sure of the names of the other grandchildren.

marv2
11-23-2010, 10:52 AM
Yes dear, but again, if you are interested in learning why Florence was not successful, it is all there in Maxine's book, and by this, I don't mean it was Maxine's opinion, but if a reader has the capability of reading between the lines, the reason Florence was unsuccessful had to do with coming up within an environment that didn't prepare her for success. And possibly, there were also some mental health issues and alcoholism. Have you read Peter's book? Is the information you seek found in Peter's book; or will only a cinematic rendering satisfy your lust to know why Florence was unsuccessful? If you haven't read it, I would encourage you to do so.

I don't buy that because what you are or rather Maxine is saying is that if you grow up poor, in the ghetto, you are in an environment that does not prepare you for success, hence we still have poor people living in ghettos in this country perpetually. To me that makes no sense. To me that is racist!

jonc
11-23-2010, 11:47 AM
There is a granddaughter named Florence. Not sure of the names of the other grandchildren.

From "Blondie: The Florence Ballard Story" Alexis and Darryl, Florence grand kids,Faith and Florance two daughters visiting her grave today!

Well according the movie's facebook page, Florence's grandchildren are called Alexis and Darryl

I'm assuming their mother is Florance Chatman.

jonc
11-23-2010, 11:54 AM
This is why I said earlier, if the film can answer some of the questions I mentioned above, then it will be a great film.

Based on today's facebook page I don't think you'll get the death, funeral and burial scenes you are hoping for Marv.

This movie may end up on the "Praise the Lord" or "Trinity" network.

Blondie: The Florence Ballard Story Happy Tuesday Facebook Fans: “Trust in the Lord with all your heart; and don't lean on your own understanding. In all things acknowledge him, and he shall direct your way. [Proverbs 3:5, 6]” Sending you all love on this great Tuesday:)

jobeterob
11-23-2010, 12:14 PM
Nobody took Florence Ballard's royalties away ~ just like nobody took Mary Wells royalties away. Both of them signed them away quite freely ~ and even with legal advice. The real problem is that they needed the money and they didn't think anyone would care about My Guy and Where Did Our Love Go in a few years.

They reached the stage where the estate has to go begging to the Harry Weinger types who then have to go to the powers that be to plead for some money on some kind of moral basis, where there is no legal entitlement. And generally, those big companies will respond only to their shareholders and to legalities.

Ironically, now, the royalties are truly worth very little because sales have slipped so much and their royalty rates were so low.

Mary Wilson may have been jealous at times and may have acted it out from time to time but she wasn't stupid; she clearly understood she did not want to end up like Flo, didn't have a commercial voice and needed to do what she could to market "Supremes" and she did.

jonc
11-23-2010, 12:33 PM
That is Maxine's take on things and they are not using Maxine's book. Maybe that could be used for a different movie.

I hope the filmmaker uses her Kotex scene. That and the $5 ass wiping story is the best part of Maxine's book.

topdiva1
11-23-2010, 01:39 PM
Flo Ballard was raped, robbed, used and abused. Realize that Flo was not treated well.

marv2
11-23-2010, 01:45 PM
Flo Ballard was raped, robbed, used and abused. Realize that Flo was not treated well.

Yeah? Well some people have said that she "did it to herself"! You left out the times she was mugged. It would be very interesting to see how they will show Florence doing these things to herself. If fact, it would be rather amazing.

jobeterob
11-23-2010, 06:32 PM
Will somebody tell the story of who's ass got wiped with a $5 bill and who did the wiping?

Maxine's was one Motown journal/book that I did not get.

Surprised to hear Stevie Wonder is a polygamist from Ribowsky.

jonc
11-23-2010, 06:47 PM
Will somebody tell the story of who's ass got wiped with a $5 bill and who did the wiping?

Maxine "Precious" Ballard-Jenkins felt the need to "share" with her readers that her father once wiped his ass with a $5 bill and then proceeded to discuss her heavy monthly menstrual flow in great detail. And charged $65 a pop for including those charming little tidbits in her autobiography. LMFAO

I was sent the book by a friend and frankly it isn't worth 65 cents IMHO

marv2
11-23-2010, 07:29 PM

One of Stevie's girlfriends lived right down the street from my Mom. When his lady friend got sick and died in 1991, Stevie sang at her funeral. He didn't try to hide his love for that woman, so Ribowsky's stories have no power. Besides what does that [[Stevie is a polygamist....) have to do with the Florence Ballard movie. Talk about getting off track, geez!

jonc
11-23-2010, 08:30 PM
From facebook:

Blondie: The Florence Ballard Story. Want to be apart of this ground-breaking film? Want to learn from industry leaders? Want to work on a professional production [[SAG) and learn the inner workings of every aspect of filmmaking? Want to boast
that resume and get IMDB credit? We are currently seeking professional, inspired, talented, and dedicated interns to work as PAs Send resumes to florenceballardproduction@gmail.com.Put INTERN in the Subject!

Blondie: The Florence Ballard Story. We shall be posting casting info in the coming months.

jonc
11-23-2010, 08:40 PM
marybrewster, you are going to love this one.

From the Blondie facebook page: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHZlGqnLcF0&feature=related

They couldn't get a professional copy of the interview from the news station? It's the first thing you ask for the moment you agree to do an interview. And this is supposed to be a legitimate movie production company. Little wonder many are skeptical.

jillfoster
11-23-2010, 08:56 PM
Nobody took Florence Ballard's royalties away ~ just like nobody took Mary Wells royalties away. Both of them signed them away quite freely ~ and even with legal advice. The real problem is that they needed the money and they didn't think anyone would care about My Guy and Where Did Our Love Go in a few years.

They reached the stage where the estate has to go begging to the Harry Weinger types who then have to go to the powers that be to plead for some money on some kind of moral basis, where there is no legal entitlement. And generally, those big companies will respond only to their shareholders and to legalities.

Ironically, now, the royalties are truly worth very little because sales have slipped so much and their royalty rates were so low.

Mary Wilson may have been jealous at times and may have acted it out from time to time but she wasn't stupid; she clearly understood she did not want to end up like Flo, didn't have a commercial voice and needed to do what she could to market "Supremes" and she did.

No Rob... you are totally off base. Flo was signed to a contract, and Motown would not RELEASE her from that contract to go sing for ABC UNLESS she signed away her royalties. So it was sign them away so you can move on with your career... or make french fries at the burger chef until your contract is up, and HOPE that someone is still interested in you. To tell you the truth, If I were Flo... I would have went nuclear. I would have went to the press and laid the whole thing out. She should have made a huge fuss and sang like a bird. It would have destroyed the group, but so what. that's the way business is run, it's basically a legal form of blackmail, but being a lawyer, don't you see this all the time? Non compete clauses and such?

marv2
11-23-2010, 09:30 PM
No Rob... you are totally off base. Flo was signed to a contract, and Motown would not RELEASE her from that contract to go sing for ABC UNLESS she signed away her royalties. So it was sign them away so you can move on with your career... or make french fries at the burger chef until your contract is up, and HOPE that someone is still interested in you. To tell you the truth, If I were Flo... I would have went nuclear. I would have went to the press and laid the whole thing out. She should have made a huge fuss and sang like a bird. It would have destroyed the group, but so what. that's the way business is run, it's basically a legal form of blackmail, but being a lawyer, don't you see this all the time? Non compete clauses and such?

That is one of the things that has always bugged me and that is Flo went along with the Motown line about wanting to leave the group to settle down, blah,blah,blah. that we ALL know now wasn't true. In her first solo interview with Ebony, she did this also. I've always said had she spoke up and told what really happened to her , things would have been different. By the time she started to tell what really went on, it was too late! By the time she realized that she was going to be left to suffer and that it was intentional, she had already gone too far and Lord help her, the next thing we knew she was gone! The 1971 lawsuit was just an inkling of what would come out later.

It's been said that had Maye Atkins not tipped the press/media off about Florence's plight, her story may have gotten swept under rug for all we know. I have to give Peter Benjaminson credit because he was ON IT!

nomis
11-23-2010, 09:36 PM
..In a way your right Jill but at the time people didnt "tell all" the concept of doing a princess Diana like manipulation of the press wouldnt of worked..for one thing Motown was too powerful -the press wouldnt have gone against Motown..The whole thing that changed the ball game for celebrities was Mommie Dearest..until Christina went public there wasnt a really big market for scandal sure there had been Confidential magazine and then the enquirer but "legitamate" press didnt go for much coverage of things like Flos story until after Mommie Dearest..Flo could have paved the way but we will never know...

jillfoster
11-23-2010, 09:52 PM
..In a way your right Jill but at the time people didnt "tell all" the concept of doing a princess Diana like manipulation of the press wouldnt of worked..for one thing Motown was too powerful -the press wouldnt have gone against Motown..The whole thing that changed the ball game for celebrities was Mommie Dearest..until Christina went public there wasnt a really big market for scandal sure there had been Confidential magazine and then the enquirer but "legitamate" press didnt go for much coverage of things like Flos story until after Mommie Dearest..Flo could have paved the way but we will never know...

Your'e right about that, of course... TINA!!! GET ME THE AXE!

stephanie
11-23-2010, 10:06 PM
We pretty much know the true story of Flo Ballard. Maxines book was not bad but it didnt tell the story she led us to believe. The domestic violence and throwing phones at the wall and going down to the welfare office was interesting but other than that I didnt learn anything new. What I would like to know is what happened to that manuscript and more about Tommy, and the gigs she played. I wish there was some way George Kerr would be utilized in the story. There is some rumor flying around that Mary Wilson will be involved, and since Maxine has been seen in pics with Flos daughters and Faith Evans Im assuming she will give some input as to what it was like living with Flo at the time. Flos voice being on tape maybe they will utilize some of that. Remember these people are writing a script so what we see wont be actual events.

nomis
11-23-2010, 11:08 PM
..also something to remember,and this is important..we know Diana through the writings of Taraborelli etc but in Flos life she never saw Diana get bad press,When Flo was alive hip folks may have gossiped about Dianas behaviour or being too pushy but most people didnt know the bitchy stuff dianas PR was that of a nice woman apart from very brief press about cancelling a gig over dogs Diana got good press which adds back to my earlier post about Flo not grasping the concept of a tell all approach - the most Flo got was saying a couple of hospital staff had found Diana rude once that was Flo spilling the beans she knew the "Truth".... but was unaware of the power of the sword she actually dangled over Berry...

jonc
11-24-2010, 12:04 AM
..also something to remember,and this is important..we know Diana through the writings of Taraborelli etc but in Flos life she never saw Diana get bad press,When Flo was alive hip folks may have gossiped about Dianas behaviour or being too pushy but most people didnt know the bitchy stuff dianas PR was that of a nice woman apart from very brief press about cancelling a gig over dogs Diana got good press which adds back to my earlier post about Flo not grasping the concept of a tell all approach - the most Flo got was saying a couple of hospital staff had found Diana rude once that was Flo spilling the beans she knew the "Truth".... but was unaware of the power of the sword she actually dangled over Berry...

If Florence Ballard had a sword to dangle over Berry Gordy don't you think she would have used it?

Berry was running a business, a machine and when something isn't working or causes disruption, unfortunately you get rid of the person or the product that is causing the problem. Show business like any profitable business is hard. It can be sad, it can be unfair and in some cases unjust, but that's life. Show business isn't for the weak of heart.

Poor Florence had too many personal problems and nobody professional to talk about them with.

Everyone is so quick to dog Berry Gordy. If it wasn't for Berry Gordy we wouldn't have Motown Records and we wouldn't be talking in this forum. I have met him a couple of times at social engagements and found him delightful and very charming. Would I like to work for him? No........probably not but hey I am sure there are people out there that wouldn't want to work for me.

There are a few, and only a few on this forum that want this "Blondie" movie to finish Berry Gordy and to a lesser degree Diana Ross. You know what I say to them..........Dream on. Their legacies are intact and at this point nothing can harm them.

nomis
11-24-2010, 12:18 AM
When i say she had a sword over Berry Im going on what she basically said to him,heard by several sources that she "had " something on him so he better watch out..now if she actually did is up for endless debate but one thing is for certain..the Benjaminson tapes have only been heard in edited form to protect the still living..so if we heard what was on the rest of those tapes it would clear up alot..Flo basically told Taraborelli she heard a buisness meeting that she shouldnt have heard in Puerto Rico...

jonc
11-24-2010, 01:09 AM
When i say she had a sword over Berry Im going on what she basically said to him,heard by several sources that she "had " something on him so he better watch out..now if she actually did is up for endless debate but one thing is for certain..the Benjaminson tapes have only been heard in edited form to protect the still living..so if we heard what was on the rest of those tapes it would clear up alot..Flo basically told Taraborelli she heard a buisness meeting that she shouldnt have heard in Puerto Rico...

That business meeting may have all been in her head.

jobeterob
11-24-2010, 02:19 AM
I look forward to a show about Blondie; I hope it's better than Chatman and Florance and menstrual cycles and $5 bills.

Dreamgirls, if anything, upped the visibility of Diana and Berry. Too bad it was such a boring movie and too bad Mary didn't get a few bucks out of it.

This movie won't have anywhere near the visibility but it might be better. It won't do anything to either Berry or Diana or Mary; that's just another of those "dreams" some people have.

marybrewster
11-24-2010, 09:55 AM
marybrewster, you are going to love this one.

From the Blondie facebook page: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHZlGqnLcF0&feature=related

They couldn't get a professional copy of the interview from the news station? It's the first thing you ask for the moment you agree to do an interview. And this is supposed to be a legitimate movie production company. Little wonder many are skeptical.

Lord Jesus, that gave me nothing but a headache. Or a heartache. ;)

captainjames
11-24-2010, 12:47 PM
wow first Maxine says she knows nothing about this and then there she is at Hitsville !!! I'm done.

marybrewster
11-26-2010, 09:58 AM
wow first Maxine says she knows nothing about this and then there she is at Hitsville !!! I'm done.

She must have heard some dollar signs.

jonc
11-26-2010, 11:50 AM
Maybe God showed Maxine Precious "Kotex" Ballard-Jenkins a way to embrace the film marybrewster. God seems to be very heavily involved in this "epic" movie.

From facebook. Blondie: The Florence Ballard Story. We are thankful to be able to be apart of this great Epic film and to let Florence Voice be told!! GOD is moving in all of us so we are again thankful for his grace&love!!

marybrewster
11-26-2010, 12:20 PM
Maybe God showed Maxine Precious "Kotex" Ballard-Jenkins a way to embrace the film marybrewster. God seems to be very heavily involved in this "epic" movie.

From facebook. Blondie: The Florence Ballard Story. We are thankful to be able to be apart of this great Epic film and to let Florence Voice be told!! GOD is moving in all of us so we are again thankful for his grace&love!!

God IS very involved in this movie!

"GOD is moving this production nonstop so with him this film is being made the right way!"

This is way too religious for me.

jonc
11-26-2010, 12:29 PM

"GOD is moving this production nonstop so with him this film is being made the right way!"

It may be the next Passion of the Christ marybrewster. I wonder how Buttered Popcorn will sound in Aramaic?

jobeterob
11-26-2010, 03:32 PM
Buttered Popcorn, as Rolling Stone and all of us know, was an allusion to something sticky and gooey and salty and chewy.........oh My Word!

I was wondering....................is someone saying here that the Jehovah's Witnesses are behind this? Is that what this is all about?

jonc
11-26-2010, 04:00 PM
It looks like mustard seed is now in the mix. This is the latest from the Blondie facebook page:

Blondie: The Florence Ballard Story With God all things are possible.-Matthew 19:26 GOD is moving this production nonstop so with him this film is being made the right way! If you have faith as a grain of mustard seed, you will say to your mountain, "MOVE!" and it WILL move and NOTHING will be impossible for YOU! - Matthew 17:20 :) Happy weekend everybody!

I hope Flo's kids [[The Chatman girls) make some money and don't end up getting screwed.

blueskies
11-26-2010, 06:20 PM

I'll say an Amen to that!

smark21
11-27-2010, 01:41 PM
Buttered Popcorn, as Rolling Stone and all of us know, was an allusion to something sticky and gooey and salty and chewy.........oh My Word!

I was wondering....................is someone saying here that the Jehovah's Witnesses are behind this? Is that what this is all about?

The production company behind this movie is called Spirit of Life of productions and their previous productions have been for the religious market. Who knows what denomination they are, but it sounds like they're trying to tap into the same market that has made Tyler Perry very rich.

smark21
11-28-2010, 02:01 PM
There's now a page for "Blondie: The Florence Ballard Story" on internet movie database.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1773312/

jonc
11-28-2010, 02:14 PM
There's now a page for "Blondie: The Florence Ballard Story" on internet movie database.

Well with a imbd page and Jesus backing this movie it has to be a big hit.

This is the latest from facebook.

Blondie: The Florence Ballard Story Wish everybody a blessed sunday and walk in the light at all times. Today take time to call on the lord and speak to him about your life. Things happen sometime for a reason and other times it happens because you push it to figure out what the best way to live your own life and walk in the light!!

stephanie
11-28-2010, 03:38 PM
These people must be awfully religious! More power to them though.

jonc
11-29-2010, 01:33 PM
From today's facebook page.

Blondie: The Florence Ballard Story Happy Monday FB fans FYI for this week [[The more we express our
gratitude to God for our blessings, the more he will bring to our mind other blessings. The more
we are aware of to be grateful for, the happier we become." Luv you all!!

marybrewster
11-29-2010, 02:32 PM
From today's facebook page.

Blondie: The Florence Ballard Story Happy Monday FB fans FYI for this week [[The more we express our
gratitude to God for our blessings, the more he will bring to our mind other blessings. The more
we are aware of to be grateful for, the happier we become." Luv you all!!

Can I get an Amen?

marybrewster
11-29-2010, 02:39 PM

Good catch!

Can they make a movie with only two "stars" though? I only see Flo and Maxine have been cast. How can you make a Flo Ballard movie with no Diana or Mary? Maybe they'll pull out the BIG GUNS for those two. I can see it now: Jasmine Guy [[A Different World) as Diana Ross and Kellie Shanygne Williams [[Family Matters) as Mary Wilson. Top notch!

Praise Jesus!

marv2
11-29-2010, 02:57 PM
Budget:$6,500,000 [[estimated)

jonc
11-29-2010, 02:57 PM
Good catch!

Can they make a movie with only two "stars" though? I only see Flo and Maxine have been cast. How can you make a Flo Ballard movie with no Diana or Mary? Maybe they'll pull out the BIG GUNS for those two. I can see it now: Jasmine Guy [[A Different World) as Diana Ross and Kellie Shanygne Williams [[Family Matters) as Mary Wilson. Top notch!

Praise Jesus!

LMAO. A $1.35 along with a imbd page will get you ride up and down Hollywood Blvd. I see the Chapman sisters are listed as producers. I think Peter Benjaminson and the "Chatman" girls will make about $1.35 collectively from this Blondie "Praise Jesus" movie.

jobeterob
11-29-2010, 03:43 PM
I know where you guys are coming from but I think they can make a movie with the characters being Florence and Maxine and maybe the girls.

There was and is a story there. It's just that some crazy fans live in 1969 and still want hair pulling, earring squashing, tears, heartache and hope that some 67 year old woman will either have her 20th #1 song or alternatively, sells more than 200 copies of a song!

jonc
11-29-2010, 04:53 PM
Budget:$6,500,000 [[estimated)

LMFAO. Try $65 estimated.

midnightman
11-29-2010, 06:54 PM
I find it funny that some Supremes fans act like 1970-1974 didn't exist. If that's the film's purpose I welcome it over Supremes "drama". Doesn't a huge portion of the book consists of her struggles as a mother dealing with a temperamental husband as well as her struggles to deal with the rape she endured at 16? It's more deep than cat fights with Mary Wilson and Diana Ross and a struggle of control between her and Berry Gordy. It's bigger than just a Motown thing, it's HER life. And as Maxine said herself, Flo's death wasn't that tragic because she was on the comeback. A blood clot in her heart ended what could've been a satisfying comeback for a woman who was born to sing. Isn't that what is REALLY important? Her status in the Supremes was enough to make her a legend but this biopic is focused on her overall life and if it's just focused on the Supremes, it'll be lost no matter how some would be satisfied to bring up supposed cat fights into the story.

jillfoster
11-29-2010, 09:20 PM
LMFAO. Try $65 estimated.

A two hour TV movie only costs about 3 Million to produce, so 6.5 Million for an independent film is quite good. I KNOW you've seen or at least HEARD of Latter Days, and like I said, that movie was made for 850,000$. Even if Gordy wanted to prohibit use of any Jobete songs in the film, we need to keep in mind that ALL of Flo's solos as a Supreme, as well as ALL of her ABC material is NOT Jobete, and would be easy to license, especially if Faith actually sings it, and doesn't lip-synch to the recordings. You wouldn't even have to get universal involved.

marv2
11-29-2010, 10:06 PM
A two hour TV movie only costs about 3 Million to produce, so 6.5 Million for an independent film is quite good. I KNOW you've seen or at least HEARD of Latter Days, and like I said, that movie was made for 850,000$. Even if Gordy wanted to prohibit use of any Jobete songs in the film, we need to keep in mind that ALL of Flo's solos as a Supreme, as well as ALL of her ABC material is NOT Jobete, and would be easy to license, especially if Faith actually sings it, and doesn't lip-synch to the recordings. You wouldn't even have to get universal involved.

I don't really know for sure, but I do not believe that Berry can prohibit the use of Jobete songs since he no longer owns them. It is still very early and I would not at all rule out the music of the Original Supremes being included in this film.

jonc
11-29-2010, 10:16 PM

I get all of your points Jill but based on their facebook page, their endless nonsensical bible quotes, shameless spiritual rallying, atrocious spelling, grammar and mispronouncing key names [[Chatman girls) I think this movie is one big hack job and I'll be very surprised if it ever gets made.

smark21
11-29-2010, 10:26 PM
I find it funny that some Supremes fans act like 1970-1974 didn't exist. If that's the film's purpose I welcome it over Supremes "drama". Doesn't a huge portion of the book consists of her struggles as a mother dealing with a temperamental husband as well as her struggles to deal with the rape she endured at 16? It's more deep than cat fights with Mary Wilson and Diana Ross and a struggle of control between her and Berry Gordy. It's bigger than just a Motown thing, it's HER life. And as Maxine said herself, Flo's death wasn't that tragic because she was on the comeback. A blood clot in her heart ended what could've been a satisfying comeback for a woman who was born to sing. Isn't that what is REALLY important? Her status in the Supremes was enough to make her a legend but this biopic is focused on her overall life and if it's just focused on the Supremes, it'll be lost no matter how some would be satisfied to bring up supposed cat fights into the story.

Faith Evans is in her late 30's and it may be wise to focus on these years, rather than the Supremes years as Faith is probably too old to be playing the younger Florence Ballard for much of the film, unless the filmmakers are going to make the same mistake as Kevin Spacey and the makers of that Bobby Darin bio pic Under the Sea that came out a few years ago.

jonc
11-29-2010, 11:39 PM
Faith Evans is in her late 30's and it may be wise to focus on these years, rather than the Supremes years as Faith is probably too old to be playing the younger Florence Ballard for much of the film, unless the filmmakers are going to make the same mistake as Kevin Spacey and the makers of that Bobby Darin bio pic Under the Sea that came out a few years ago.

It wouldn't matter if faith Evans is 112 years old. A very select few here want this movie to finish Gordy and Ross who are collectively almost 150 years old. LMFAO

jobeterob
11-30-2010, 12:34 AM
And as Granny once said about those select few: "Don't tell me that child ain't sick! Nobody makes a noise like that on purpose!"

miss_lish
11-30-2010, 01:51 AM
LMAO @ jobetrob!!

jonc
11-30-2010, 04:51 PM
Today's facebook posting is simply beautiful. I'm farklempt. This movie may be going for the Trinity Broadcasting Network crowd. TBN icon Jan Crouch would make an excellent host to introduce the Blondie biopic on her "Movies with Popcorn and Jesus" night.

http://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video?p=jan+crouch

Blondie: The Florence Ballard Story Peacefulness is an inner sense of calm - it comes from becoming still - in order to reflect and meditate on our inner wisdom and receive answers. A peaceful heart is one that is free from worry and trouble. It's becoming quiet so we can look at things quietly so we can more clearly understand them and thus come up with creative solutions. It is learning to live in the present.

smark21
11-30-2010, 10:26 PM
Today's facebook posting is simply beautiful. I'm farklempt. This movie may be going for the Trinity Broadcasting Network crowd. TBN icon Jan Crouch would make an excellent host to introduce the Blondie biopic on her "Movies with Popcorn and Jesus" night.

Blondie: The Florence Ballard Story Peacefulness is an inner sense of calm - it comes from becoming still - in order to reflect and meditate on our inner wisdom and receive answers. A peaceful heart is one that is free from worry and trouble. It's becoming quiet so we can look at things quietly so we can more clearly understand them and thus come up with creative solutions. It is learning to live in the present.

Florence Ballard was a Quaker? This is going to be an interesting movie.

marybrewster
11-30-2010, 10:37 PM

Maybe Jan will rename it "Movies with BUTTERED Popcorn and Jesus"?

stephanie
11-30-2010, 10:55 PM
Has anyone stopped to think that since Faith has been on Monique and announced this and numbers have been thrown out for a budget that maybe they have already gotten the ok to use the music from Jobete? I cant imagine them starting this film and not having all of the legal matters in place already.

marv2
11-30-2010, 11:31 PM
Has anyone stopped to think that since Faith has been on Monique and announced this and numbers have been thrown out for a budget that maybe they have already gotten the ok to use the music from Jobete? I cant imagine them starting this film and not having all of the legal matters in place already.

Ahemmmmmmmm...............!

jonc
12-01-2010, 12:22 AM
Maybe Jan will rename it "Movies with BUTTERED Popcorn and Jesus"?

LMAO marybrewster.

jonc
12-01-2010, 12:24 AM

Sure and Berry Gordy has signed on to play himself.

jobeterob
12-01-2010, 03:19 AM
Stephanie.............Dreamgirls was a big budget movie starring the lady who followed Diana and Whitney in the Diva Line and they could not get Jobete copyrights. It certainly won't happen with a minor budget picture hooked to some odd religious group that doesn't seem to know the family names, can't write or spell properly.

Something isn't right here and it looks like the Ballard family is being taken advantage of.

It's too bad Dreamgirls turned into such a boring show.

Still, with the right people, a decent movie can be made of Flo's life.

smark21
12-01-2010, 08:32 AM
Stephanie.............Dreamgirls was a big budget movie starring the lady who followed Diana and Whitney in the Diva Line and they could not get Jobete copyrights. It certainly won't happen with a minor budget picture hooked to some odd religious group that doesn't seem to know the family names, can't write or spell properly.

Something isn't right here and it looks like the Ballard family is being taken advantage of.

It's too bad Dreamgirls turned into such a boring show.

Still, with the right people, a decent movie can be made of Flo's life.

JObetrob, with all due respect, Dreamgirls never went for Jobete copyrights because it was based on the Broadway musical so they already had songs.

jillfoster
12-01-2010, 09:20 PM
JObetrob, with all due respect, Dreamgirls never went for Jobete copyrights because it was based on the Broadway musical so they already had songs.

thank YOU!

midnightman
12-01-2010, 10:07 PM
Shoot, Dreamgirls was based on the '81 play. What set everyone off was they were imitating Motown. It's funny as soon as people saw the sneak previews, that's when the comparisons to the Supremes took place. To be honest, the Dreamgirls could've been about ANY GIRL GROUP that was popular around the same time the Supremes were. The producers of that film knew what the hell they were doing. They wouldn't ask for rights because Motown songs weren't used and the songs used in the film were only made for Broadway.

I saw a good review where it basically dissed the entire film and dissed the notion that the Supremes were like them. In fact, he said the Supremes' music had more soul than the Dreamgirls numbers...and we know that's right!

F**k a "Dreamgirls". LOL

marybrewster
12-02-2010, 10:03 PM
They're gonna have to try harder on their Facebook page if they want to keep fans and attract interest. Here's today's status update:

Butter popcorn:)

REALLY? BUTTER Popcorn?

bradsupremes
12-03-2010, 01:54 AM
They're gonna have to try harder on their Facebook page if they want to keep fans and attract interest. Here's today's status update:

Butter popcorn:)

REALLY? BUTTER Popcorn?

LOL! Someone better go call Paula Deen do that.

midnightman
12-03-2010, 02:26 AM
LOL @ "call Paula Deen".

smark21
12-13-2010, 09:19 PM
It's just been announced that Martha Cooldige, who directed the Halle Berry made for cable movie on Dorothy Dandridge ten years or so ago, will direct Blondie.

http://illuminati2g.com/site/2010/12/13/spirit-of-life-films-names-martha-coolidge-to-direct-florence-ballard-biopic-blondie”/

marv2
12-13-2010, 11:19 PM
That is more great news!

topdiva1
12-14-2010, 09:54 AM
That is more great news!

Yes that is great news Marv - let us see who will have the last laugh. I wish all well on this project = which is already being very talked about.

marv2
12-14-2010, 03:15 PM
It will indeed be one of the more interesting movies in the coming year.

luke
12-14-2010, 05:37 PM
Doesnt Berry still own a portion of Jobete?

marv2
12-14-2010, 10:27 PM

No he does not. He sold it all.

topdiva1
12-16-2010, 11:55 AM

I think he still does.

marv2
12-16-2010, 02:27 PM
I think he still does.

He sold it in two parts.

topdiva1
12-16-2010, 07:41 PM
I believe that over the four or more years this movie has secretly been in development - all the legal questions got answered, and any legal rights needed, have been secured and paid for.

Penny
12-18-2010, 12:08 AM
I am new here. Is this movie for real? This seems too good to be true. I wonder if Diana and Mary will get cameos or help in anyway?

marv2
12-18-2010, 12:42 AM
Yes this film project is very real. It is wonderful that they are finally making it.

jobeterob
12-18-2010, 02:56 AM
Even if this is small and deals with only a small portion of Blondie's life, it will be welcomed by the fans and a tribute to her.

marv2
12-18-2010, 10:19 AM
Even if this is small and deals with only a small portion of Blondie's life, it will be welcomed by the fans and a tribute to her.

This is not going to be small and it is going to deal with her LIFE. This is not going to be a remake of the "Unsung" program.

jonc
12-18-2010, 11:33 AM
This is not going to be small and it is going to deal with her LIFE. This is not going to be a remake of the "Unsung" program.

Will it be as big as your "hush hush" Motown 50th Anniversary Network TV Special Marv2?

Penny
12-18-2010, 11:35 AM
Was there a Motown 50 Anniversary tv show? How did I miss that because I love Motown.

jonc
12-18-2010, 11:44 AM
Was there a Motown 50 Anniversary tv show? How did I miss that because I love Motown.

Marv2 announced here at SDF last Spring that he was working on a "Motown 50th Anniversary Network TV Special" Penny.
It was all hush hush if I recall correctly, and he couldn't and wouldn't talk about it.

I'm still very hopeful that Marv2's "Motown 50th Anniversary Network TV Special" will still air Penny and you should send out positive vibes as well.

Dare to dream Penny and please stay positive.

Penny
12-18-2010, 12:04 PM
I would love if this Motown 50 special news is true. I am hoping that this Marv person is the producer or director and can release this soon. Can he tell us any more about this. My world is rocked today reading this.

jonc
12-18-2010, 12:07 PM
I would love if this Motown 50 special news is true. I am hoping that this Marv person is the producer or director and can release this soon. Can he tell us any more about this. My world is rocked today reading this.

All i can say is dare to dream Penny and welcome to the forum dear.

Penny
12-18-2010, 12:12 PM
Thank you. It's so exciting to be on here. I am learning so much and I found out that Susaye Greene actually posts here. I can't believe famous people come here too. And now I find out about another Motown tv special. This is going to be a very good Christmas. Motown 25 was so good and I'll bet 50 will be spectacular. I'll check back into this site later. I am off to an avon house party and I can't wait to tell all my girlfriends about finding this website.

marv2
12-20-2010, 04:52 PM

What are you talking about? Did I miss something?

jobeterob
12-20-2010, 07:03 PM
Read the last 6 posts and you'll see you indeed did miss something!

It's pretty funny as usual.

Love the Avon party! Was it good, Penny?

marv2
12-20-2010, 07:31 PM
Read the last 6 posts and you'll see you indeed did miss something!

It's pretty funny as usual.

Love the Avon party! Was it good, Penny?

Really? How so?

jobeterob
12-20-2010, 08:37 PM
Well, Marv, you went on and on about this special.

And then Jonc never let you forget about the special regardless of whether it was a figment of your imagination or real.

And now poor Penny has come new to the forum and figures it's all for real and it'll happen two years [[or 3) after the anniversary!

And an Avon party to cap it all off! You've gotta love it.

marv2
12-20-2010, 09:35 PM

And then Jonc never let you forget about the special regardless of whether it was a figment of your imagination or real.

And now poor Penny has come new to the forum and figures it's all for real and it'll happen two years [[or 3) after the anniversary!

You are lying! I did not go on and on about anything. You are lying and confused. That was your friend Jonc that went on and one about something that was none of his business. I don't know Penny, but you are lying.

marv2
12-20-2010, 09:36 PM

Oh, and it is still none of your business! LOL!!!

miss_lish
12-20-2010, 10:14 PM
No, Marv2; you didn't go on and on about your Motown 50 special, that so many are still waiting for; however, you did mention it more than once, and that it was hush-hush. Not to go all Diana Ross on your ass, butt I'm Still Waiting.

Welcome to the Forum Miss Penny. Your Motown enthusiasm is quite festive and refreshing. You should be warned, Miss Penny, that there are a few misguided souls here at Soulful Detroit who use Motown to bolster their egos. Marv2 announced he was involved with a hush-hush Motown special that never happened. Motown's 50th anniversary was last year, and no my darling, you haven't missed anything, the special never aired. Marv2 has been caught in so many lies, it's amazing he still posts here. You will learn quickly to take what some members have to say, with a boulder of salt. I'm sorry if you got excited over what is in fact another blatant lie from Marv2.

miss_lish
12-20-2010, 10:16 PM
You are lying! I did not go on and on about anything. You are lying and confused. That was your friend Jonc that went on and one about something that was none of his business. I don't know Penny, but you are lying.

This is sooooooooooo rich; Marv2 accusing someone of lying. LMAAAAAAAAAAAAO!!

marv2
12-20-2010, 10:18 PM
This is sooooooooooo rich; Marv2 accusing someone of lying. LMAAAAAAAAAAAAO!!

Who are you?

olamaebarto
12-20-2010, 11:32 PM
Who are you?

Now granted I am or was new to this place. But I recall seeing postings at the old place of Marv2 talking about some sort of major TV program that was very hush, hush. Now it seems that when it's brought up he tends to plead the 5th. And this this lame "who are you" excuse is just adorable.

topdiva1
12-20-2010, 11:33 PM
This thread is about the upcoming Flo Ballard Movie - monitor yourselves, please!!!

marv2
12-20-2010, 11:43 PM
This thread is about the upcoming Flo Ballard Movie - monitor yourselves, please!!!

Exactly! thank you.

marv2
12-20-2010, 11:44 PM
Now granted I am or was new to this place. But I recall seeing postings at the old place of Marv2 talking about some sort of major TV program that was very hush, hush. Now it seems that when it's brought up he tends to plead the 5th. And this this lame "who are you" excuse is just adorable.

You are lying and need to stop it. Go find it and post my talking ab out a TV special ok? What you will find is this person Jonc talking about some TV special. Not me.

marv2
12-20-2010, 11:52 PM
Faith Evans to star in real life 'Dreamgirls'
By now everyone knows that "Dreamgirls," though fiction, was really pretty much the story of the Supremes, only with a much happier ending. In real life, the story of Florence Ballard [[whose character loosely inspired "Effie," the outcast member of the group) ended on a much sadder note. And a new film is being prepped that won't shy away from reality, whether good and bad. "Blondie - The Florence Ballard Story," due in theaters in the summer of 2011, will star R&B singer Faith Evans as the woman who helped found the Supremes and sang lead until the arrival of Diana Ross, who became the sole front-person. As the group evolved, Ballard's relationship with it became more strained until she left to start a solo career, then died unexpectedly at age 32. Ballard's daughters pursued Evans for the role, and she'll also record songs for the soundtrack. The film - based on Peter Benjaminson's book "The Lost Supreme" - is expected to begin shooting soon in Atlanta.

Romeo San Vicente is telling you he is not going. He can be reached care of this publication or at DeepInsideHollywood@qsyndicate.com.

jobeterob
12-21-2010, 12:49 AM
Now Marv, face the music. All of these people above are telling the truth. You posted many times about doing some TV thing for Motown 50 and you weren't allowed to tell, at least not us. And then it, with most other things Motown 50, tanked. So, these people are not lying. I was here and many people that are no longer here because of antics like that, also saw it.

Also, you posted an allegation that Berry Gordy and Diana Ross killed Florence Ballard which is why you so deeply want this movie to adhere to this warped thinking. Is that what got you kicked off here once?

Also, you were regularly reporting people on here to Mary Wilson for saying things you didn't like! And it has now come to light that at least 2 of the people still on here who are friends of Marys say she doesn't even know who are you.

So........time to face the music handsome.

Penny
12-21-2010, 12:55 AM
I am sorry for causing so much trouble. I thought I read about a Motown 50 TV special here and that somebody named Marv was the director or something. It seemed like a natural tie in to this exciting new movie about Florence Ballard. I knew it was all too good to be true.

At our Avon Christmas Party I told everyone about this site, the movie about Miss Ballard and the Motown 50 TV Special. We were all excited about this news. We were going to bring up at our national convention about Avon sponsoring the TV special.

Can you imagine "Come See About Me" perfume or "Reflections" lip gloss or "You Can't Hurry Love" eye liner? We had all kinds of ideas and the the age group we cater too seemed perfect. Oh well.

I hope this movie gets made.

Peace be with you all this Holiday Season;
Penny

marv2
12-21-2010, 01:12 AM
Now Marv, face the music. All of these people above are telling the truth. You posted many times about doing some TV thing for Motown 50 and you weren't allowed to tell, at least not us. And then it, with most other things Motown 50, tanked. So, these people are not lying. I was here and many people that are no longer here because of antics like that, also saw it.

Also, you posted an allegation that Berry Gordy and Diana Ross killed Florence Ballard which is why you so deeply want this movie to adhere to this warped thinking. Is that what got you kicked off here once?

Also, you were regularly reporting people on here to Mary Wilson for saying things you didn't like! And it has now come to light that at least 2 of the people still on here who are friends of Marys say she doesn't even know who are you.

So........time to face the music handsome.

are you losing your mind?

jobeterob
12-21-2010, 01:25 AM
Penny, I love you already! Stay around ok.

Marv, you wish I would vanish! Unfortunately...........I have got your number!

I wonder if Penny is Elegant Soul come back to haunt Marv!

iconicpuff
12-21-2010, 06:42 AM

LOLOL!!
I reconmember ES when he was PK and think he's more of a Hai Karate or Brut 33 type of aroma rather than Avon.

iconicpuff
12-21-2010, 06:47 AM
I am sorry for causing so much trouble. I thought I read about a Motown 50 TV special here and that somebody named Marv was the director or something. It seemed like a natural tie in to this exciting new movie about Florence Ballard. I knew it was all too good to be true.

At our Avon Christmas Party I told everyone about this site, the movie about Miss Ballard and the Motown 50 TV Special. We were all excited about this news. We were going to bring up at our national convention about Avon sponsoring the TV special.

Can you imagine "Come See About Me" perfume or "Reflections" lip gloss or "You Can't Hurry Love" eye liner? We had all kinds of ideas and the the age group we cater too seemed perfect. Oh well.

Penny
LOLOL!!!!
Chuffing heck! Do Avon do panty pads? I think I just wet myself!

captainjames
12-21-2010, 09:58 AM

Penny

Oh my that was Rich!!!!
I truly hope this film finally gets made so this mess can end about the girls bickering and hating and backstabbing each other. It will be 50 years in January since 1961 the girls finally went into show business officially. I celebrate with them and I still mourn the loss of Flo but it is time to move on!!! The only thing I regret is not seeing Barbara on stage with them but even she has no desire to discuss Flo, Mary or Diana [[and guess what? she knows them). I am glad Diana was the lead on all those hits because who knows what would have happen if Mary or Flo had been on lead. We may have never heard from them after "Where Did Our Love Go" if Mary or Flo had of been on it.

This film if it ever gets off the ground will probably only deal with Flo after The Supremes, obviously if there was going to be a Diana or Mary or Cindy in this film they would have announced the actor by now but so far I have heard nothing. I don't need to see a film showing Mary rehearsing with Cindy while Flo goes irate or Diana asking for her own dressing room.

ralpht
12-21-2010, 10:39 AM
Enough of the bickering already. As far as any project Marv has discussed, why are some of you making such a big deal out of this? I have a few irons in the fire myself that I can't seem to make fly right away. Rob, I'm disappointed in you. You seem to like to instigate this problem. Give it up. Have any of you that seem to like to criticize ever been involved with actual music or television production and know how complex things can get trying to work out a million details, legal or otherwise? I think not. So knock this crap off or this thread goes away.

topdiva1
12-21-2010, 11:44 AM
Enough of the bickering already. As far as any project Marv has discussed, why are some of you making such a big deal out of this? I have a few irons in the fire myself that I can't seem to make fly right away. Rob, I'm disappointed in you. You seem to like to instigate this problem. Give it up. Have any of you that seem to like to criticize ever been involved with actual music or television production and know how complex things can get trying to work out a million details, legal or otherwise? I think not. So knock this crap off or this thread goes away.

Well said - sir - Many posters have no idea of what it takes to mount a project such as this, in these hard times. I thank you for your statement - and I can only hope this film on Flo Ballard gets done - THANKS!!!!

ralpht
12-21-2010, 11:58 AM
Thank you Diva. I hope the film works out, also.

luke
12-21-2010, 01:34 PM
Thanks Ralph.

ralpht
12-21-2010, 02:54 PM
You're welcome, Luke.

jobeterob
12-21-2010, 03:30 PM
Oops! Sorry! It seemed like a lot of fun because the new lady totally bought into it all! So I thought it was pretty funny.

I will admit, I have sort of tuned out of the reminders of the special but this one was too much to pass up.

But I will pass up my next chance to mention it again.

ralpht
12-21-2010, 03:36 PM
It's no longer funny, Rob. Not even close. I will appreciate your efforts to rein the fat-mouthing in.

miss_lish
12-21-2010, 08:09 PM
As far as any project Marv has discussed, why are some of you making such a big deal out of this?

Like most folks who are actually in the industry, you have the good sense to keep your "irons" close to your chest until it is TIME to discuss and promote them. LOL! The bigger question is why do your rush to this pathological liars defense, Ralph? You must wanna see Avon saleswomen rioting in the street once they have found out there is no Motown 50 in the works; something many SDFers were aware of the moment the "hush-hush" announcement was published. A much more interesting question might be, why do you continuously rush to his defense? If someone blatantly lies, they gonna be called on it. You honestly can't be that confused, Ralphie. Simple.

Please don't use the Thread Banishment tactic to discipline us Ralph, we are not emotionally mature enough to withstand such a denial.

ralpht
12-21-2010, 08:15 PM
I guess you just don't get it, Miss Lish. You folks who seem to like to pick a fight with Marv [[show me one indescretion on his part, compared to this negativity I read on nearly a daily basis thrown his way) without thinking things out. Besides, you haven't been around here long enough to have any kind of a valid opinion, so I suggest you calm down or I'm going to suspect you're some sort of ringer.

miss_lish
12-21-2010, 08:19 PM
It's no longer funny, Rob. Not even close. I will appreciate your efforts to rein the fat-mouthing in.

It was never funny; pathetic would be a much more descriptive adjective.

miss_lish
12-21-2010, 08:22 PM
I guess you just don't get it, Miss Lish. You folks who seem to like to pick a fight with Marv [[show me one indescretion on his part, compared to this negativity I read on nearly a daily basis thrown his way) without thinking things out. Besides, you haven't been around here long enough to have any kind of a valid opinion, so I suggest you calm down or I'm going to suspect you're some sort of ringer.

Suspect whatever will help you sleep at night, my darling. And if all of the eye witness accounts are not sufficient to meet with your standards of proven guilty or innocent, patience is a virtue, my darling, Miss Lish is perusing her archives. Stay tuned..

miss_lish
12-21-2010, 08:24 PM
Besides, you haven't been around here long enough to have any kind of a valid opinion, so I suggest you calm down or I'm going to suspect you're some sort of ringer.

Oh! And how long must one hang out here, before one's opinion is considered to be valid? What are the exact time frame requirements; and where can I review the policy?

olamaebarto
12-21-2010, 08:33 PM
Oh! And how long must one hang out here, before one's opinion is considered to be valid? What are the exact time frame requirements; and where can I review the policy?

Please Stay Postive, Dear.

miss_lish
12-21-2010, 08:44 PM
Please Stay Postive, Dear.

Miss Lish is staying positive, my darling; she is positively fixxin' ta open this bottle of Red; have a toast to Florence Ballard and to this movie being made. xo

nomis
12-21-2010, 08:59 PM
On a much more positive note I just got to work and opened my mail and there were 4 Supremes cd waiting for me from miss Lish - Im so grateful my depression has come back with a vengenance this week [[but Im still clean Ive taken no drugs)..just listening to "we remember sam Cooke" WOW this aint filler stuff the girls sound great,very mature ..and thats all that matters in the end isnt it? The music - thats what Flo means to me..a film would be nice..what would be nicer if all us soul buffs could get along..just for xmas

ralpht
12-21-2010, 09:39 PM
Miss Lish,
Like it or not, I'm the policy here. Its the only way things will work. If you have a problem with that, I invite you to leave. If we understand one another, pop open the wine and give Soulful Detroit a toast.

ralpht
12-21-2010, 09:40 PM
what would be nicer if all us soul buffs could get along..just for xmas

Nomis,
I couldn't agree with you more.

luke
12-21-2010, 09:45 PM
They dont come fairer and more patient than Ralph. We can all learn from his humanity at this time of year.

topdiva1
12-21-2010, 09:52 PM
They dont come fairer and more patient than Ralph. We can all learn from his humanity at this time of year.

Very well said, thank you luke. As we move forward into 2011, let us require more sense and sensibility from ourselves.

Happy Holidays to all.

smark21
12-21-2010, 10:00 PM

If Penny is ES, than I'm glad he's found work as an Avon Lady as he can no longer work as a Pharmacist after being convicted of forging presciptions and hoarding pills at home to feed his pill addiction. Hope he's isn't sniffing the cosmetics though.

smark21
12-21-2010, 10:02 PM
Oh my that was Rich!!!!
I truly hope this film finally gets made so this mess can end about the girls bickering and hating and backstabbing each other. It will be 50 years in January since 1961 the girls finally went into show business officially. I celebrate with them and I still mourn the loss of Flo but it is time to move on!!! The only thing I regret is not seeing Barbara on stage with them but even she has no desire to discuss Flo, Mary or Diana [[and guess what? she knows them). I am glad Diana was the lead on all those hits because who knows what would have happen if Mary or Flo had been on lead. We may have never heard from them after "Where Did Our Love Go" if Mary or Flo had of been on it.

This film if it ever gets off the ground will probably only deal with Flo after The Supremes, obviously if there was going to be a Diana or Mary or Cindy in this film they would have announced the actor by now but so far I have heard nothing. I don't need to see a film showing Mary rehearsing with Cindy while Flo goes irate or Diana asking for her own dressing room.

The Blondie movie facebook page has asked people to say what they would like to see in the movie and most respondents want to see scenes of Flo being mistreated and victimized by Diana and Berry.

smark21
12-21-2010, 10:04 PM

Good point, the Motown 50 special just didn't pan out, but I've enjoyed some of Marv's other TV productions.

smark21
12-21-2010, 10:06 PM
Miss Lish is staying positive, my darling; she is positively fixxin' ta open this bottle of Red; have a toast to Florence Ballard and to this movie being made. xo

LOL! That's the spirit.

topdiva1
12-21-2010, 10:37 PM
If you think about it - you would realize that any "in fighting", will be kept to a minimum - there is so much more to the Florenece Ballard story - AFTER - she was ousted from The Supremes. They of course will touch on the drama within the group - but not to heavy - as the movie is mostly based on the effects on Flo - AFTER - she left The Supremes.

Or so I was told.

olamaebarto
12-22-2010, 01:31 PM
Good point, the Motown 50 special just didn't pan out, but I've enjoyed some of Marv's other TV productions.

That Brady Bunch vs. The Partridge Family show hosted by Tonya Harding was wonderful.

smark21
12-22-2010, 08:51 PM
That Brady Bunch vs. The Partridge Family show hosted by Tonya Harding was wonderful.

The best part was when The Partridges brought "Fake Jan" in as a surprise tag team partner. Eve Plumb was trembling in fear. Kudos to Marv for booking Geri Reschel. Hopefully there will be a Family Matters vs. Roseanne special in the near future.

jobeterob
12-22-2010, 09:11 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXh7JR9oKVE&feature=player_embedded

olamaebarto
12-22-2010, 09:42 PM
The best part was when The Partridges brought "Fake Jan" in as a surprise tag team partner. Eve Plumb was trembling in fear. Kudos to Marv for booking Geri Reschel. Hopefully there will be a Family Matters vs. Roseanne special in the near future.

Well I might suggest a Cagney and Lacey vs. Get Christie Love, but I think "Christie" died.

marv2
12-24-2010, 09:42 PM

He's had the patience of a saint!

marybrewster
12-26-2010, 11:11 PM
Everyone here @ Spirit Of Life Films would like to send our deepest condolences to the family of Teena Marie, a friend & supporter of the film had planned to be on the sound track. A beautiful woman. Teena will be missed by family, friends & Fans around the world! R.I.P Lady T

I didn't know Lady T was mentioned regarding Flo's film?

topdiva1
12-27-2010, 11:08 AM
If Penny is ES, than I'm glad he's found work as an Avon Lady as he can no longer work as a Pharmacist after being convicted of forging presciptions and hoarding pills at home to feed his pill addiction. Hope he's isn't sniffing the cosmetics though.

Let us HOPE that these off topic comments and personal attacks on other posters CEASE in 2011, I will try to curve my fingers from posting such trash. HELP ME PLEASE!!!

Stay on topic and stay postive. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

marv2
12-27-2010, 01:37 PM
Let us HOPE that these off topic comments and personal attacks on other posters CEASE in 2011, I will try to curve my fingers from posting such trash. HELP ME PLEASE!!!

Stay on topic and stay postive. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Makes you wonder doesn't it? Happy New Year indeed!

midnightman
12-27-2010, 05:30 PM
I'm beginning to think that Facebook page for Florence's movie is not authentic.

topdiva1
12-27-2010, 06:34 PM
I'm beginning to think that Facebook page for Florence's movie is not authentic.

You may be right - and it would not surprise me.

jobeterob
12-27-2010, 08:56 PM
What does one look for to find this facebook page?

Penny
12-27-2010, 09:20 PM
That is a good question. Where can you find the movie info about Florence Ballard on facebook?

marv2
12-27-2010, 09:44 PM
No, Marv2; you didn't go on and on about your Motown 50 special, that so many are still waiting for; however, you did mention it more than once, and that it was hush-hush. Not to go all Diana Ross on your ass, butt I'm Still Waiting.

Welcome to the Forum Miss Penny. Your Motown enthusiasm is quite festive and refreshing. You should be warned, Miss Penny, that there are a few misguided souls here at Soulful Detroit who use Motown to bolster their egos. Marv2 announced he was involved with a hush-hush Motown special that never happened. Motown's 50th anniversary was last year, and no my darling, you haven't missed anything, the special never aired. Marv2 has been caught in so many lies, it's amazing he still posts here. You will learn quickly to take what some members have to say, with a boulder of salt. I'm sorry if you got excited over what is in fact another blatant lie from Marv2.

You are a liar and only come to this forum to start trouble where there is none. You came here once before to play games and disrupt the forum only to act like some fake martyr and beg Ralph to delete your membership. Grow up and get some sense!