PDA

View Full Version : OUR MOTOWN CD/Download WANT LISTS FOR HARRY

test

Philles/Motown Gary
09-17-2014, 04:36 PM
I've noticed that the various Motown fans' CD/Download want lists are kind of scattered throughout a number of links on the Motown Forum. It might be easier for Harry if we put our Motown Want Lists all under one thread. If you agree, just reply to this thread and add your personal list of wants along with mine:

GC CAMERON
You're What's Missing In My Life

CHOKER CAMPBELL
Hits Of The Sixties

FOUR TOPS
On Broadway

THELMA HOUSTON
Ready To Roll

THE ORIGINALS:
Naturally Together
Definitions
Games People Play
Communique [[including "There’s A Chance When You Love You’ll Lose" as a bonus track)

DIANA ROSS & THE SUPREMES & THE TEMPTATIONS
GIT On Broadway

JIMMY RUFFIN
The Groove Governor

THE RUSTIX
Bedlam

STONEY AND MEATLOAF
Stoney And Meatloaf

THE TEMPTATIONS
House Party
Wings Of Love
Temptations Do The Temptations
Back To Basics
Power
The Temptations

THE UNDISPUTED TRUTH
The Undisputed Truth
[[Face To Face With The Truth is already on CD)
Law Of The Land
Down To Earth
Cosmic Truth
Higher Than High

JR. WALKER
Live [[1967)
A Gassssssssss
Rainbow Funk
Moody Jr.
Peace & Understanding Is Hard To Find
Hot Shot
Sax Appeal
Whopper Bopper Show Stopper
Smooth
Blow The House Down

BLINKY WILLIAMS - Complete Motown Recordings

MARY WILSON - Complete Motown Solo Recordings

VARIOUS ARTISTS - "A CELLARFUL OF MOTOWN [[Vol. 5)

ANYTHING previously-unreleased by ANY of Motown’s female acts, especially mid-to-late 1960's [[once Motown had developed its sound).

Ngroove
09-17-2014, 04:49 PM
Carolyn Crawford: Complete Motown Anthology

Ryon6
09-17-2014, 04:51 PM
A continuation of the Smokey Robinson and The Miracles boxed set "Depend On Me" to the last SR&M album.

All of the Originals albums

All of Jr Walker & The All Stars albums

tlg30
09-17-2014, 04:59 PM
Dennis Edwards' previously unreleased solo album from the 70s.
C. P. Spencer's previously unreleased solo album.
Paul Williams' previously unreleased solo album.

thommg
09-17-2014, 05:07 PM
Thelma Houston - The Devil In Me

Philles/Motown Gary
09-17-2014, 05:53 PM
Thelma Houston - The Devil In Me

Thommg, Thelma Houston's "The Devil In Me" came out on CD sometime this past year or so. Here's the Amazon link:

http://www.amazon.com/Devil-Me-Thelma-Houston/dp/B000B63FCI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1410990576&sr=8-1&keywords=thelma+houston+the+devil+in+me

sansradio
09-17-2014, 07:37 PM
The Supremes: We Remember Sam Cooke
Diana Ross & The Supremes: Live at London's Talk of the Town
25th Anniversary
The Never-Before-Released Masters
Diana Ross: Ross [1978]
When You Dream [more of an EMI wish, perhaps]
A Very Special Season [ditto]
Thelma Houston: Any Way You Like It
Mary Wilson: eponymous
Various Artists: Motown Superstars Sing Motown Superstars
Motown at the Hollywood Palace

blackguy69
09-17-2014, 07:51 PM
Martha and the Vandellas Live, Gladys Knight and the Pips Standing Ovation, The Miracles Dont Cha love it and the Power of Music

Philles/Motown Gary
09-17-2014, 08:00 PM
sansradio, Diana Ross' "Ross" [[1978) is already available on CD from Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Ross-Sleeve-Deluxe-Replica-Import/dp/B00HDPXIO0/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1410998131&sr=8-2&keywords=diana+ross+ross

Thelma Houston's "Any Way You Like It" has been re-reissued on CD as well:

http://www.amazon.com/Any-Way-You-Like-It/dp/B00DY9WZTS/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1410998328&sr=8-4&keywords=thelma+houston

Hope this helps. - Gary

Ngroove
09-17-2014, 08:55 PM
A reprinting of Volume One of the Seventies Supremes [[1970-1973) CD / book set.

blackguy69
09-17-2014, 08:59 PM
do you know if Volume two booklet is downloaded online

mysterysinger
09-17-2014, 09:11 PM
DRoss & Supremes "Live At London's Talk Of The Town" has been available on CD and can be found on Ebay though not particularly cheap these days - so would be a good choice for re-release or download. I would also love a re-release of "Four Tops Now" on CD please.

sansradio
09-17-2014, 09:44 PM
sansradio, Diana Ross' "Ross" [[1978) is already available on CD from Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Ross-Sleeve-Deluxe-Replica-Import/dp/B00HDPXIO0/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1410998131&sr=8-2&keywords=diana+ross+ross

Thelma Houston's "Any Way You Like It" has been re-reissued on CD as well:

http://www.amazon.com/Any-Way-You-Like-It/dp/B00DY9WZTS/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1410998328&sr=8-4&keywords=thelma+houston

Hope this helps. - Gary

Thanks, Gary. I tend to be an instant-gratification buyer, so e-commerce is usually not for me; however, for these, I'd gladly make an exception!
My dream is to see my wishlist remastered for iTunes, though; I have no problem not having physical product. Thanks again!

Roger Polhill
09-18-2014, 12:47 AM
TM 244 Various Artists "Live At The Fox"
TM 249 Choker Campbell "Shades Of Time"
TS 265 Willie Tyler & Lester "Hello Dummy"
M 618 Bobby Breen "Better Late Than Never"
MLP 619 Stepin Fetchit "My Son The Sit In"
MS 640 Billy Eckstine "Live At Lake Tahoe"
MS 697 "Mynah Birds"
GS 937 "Martha & the Vandellas Live at The Copa"
GS 941 "Rita Wright"
SS 722 Fantastic Four "How Sweet He Is"
SS 730 Gladys Knight & the Pips "All In A Knights Work"
VIP 406 Ivy Jo "Is In This Bag"
Please !

Philles/Motown Gary
09-18-2014, 12:58 AM
Almost Fogot:

THREE OUNCES OF LOVE - Three Ounces Of Love

Philles/Motown Gary
09-18-2014, 01:12 AM
Almost Fogot:

THE FANTASTIC FOUR - Complete Motown Recordings
HIGH INERGY - Steppin' Out
HIGH INERGY - Shoulda Gone Dancin'
HIGH INERGY - Frenzy
HIGH INERGY - Hold On
HIGH INERGY - High Inergy
HIGH INERGY - So Right
HIGH INERGY - Groove Patrol

Ngroove
09-18-2014, 01:54 AM
2-fer CD of Fifth Dimension - Star Dancing / High On Sunshine [[1978)

I never really understood, how such a high-profile act of the late 60s-early 70s, were essentially all but dropped-potato obscured after that, whether the evident non-promotion of those two later albums, or the non-existence of CDs for them, nor any tracks from them inclusion in Fifth Dimension "Greatest Hits" compilations.

calvin
09-18-2014, 05:12 AM
Gary, I would buy almost every title listed in your initial post. But my top requests would be:

All the Jr Walker & The All Stars / Jr Walker albums which haven't already been released on cd [[which is most of them!). Gary, did you forget "What Does It Take To Win Your Love" [[1969) and "Jr Walker and The All Stars" [[1974)?

The Undisputed Truth - all the titles you list
The Originals - all the titles you list
"Four Tops On Broadway", and the Four Tops' albums on ABC Dunhill [[not Motown, but now under Universal)
Jimmy Ruffin - The Groove Governor
Choker Campbell - Hits of the Sixties
The Miracles - "Don't Cha Love It" and "The Power of Music"

jaybs
09-18-2014, 06:13 AM
My we are really asking Harry to work wonders for us or magic! Well here are my Top 3 to have these on CD would be like being in Motown Heaven.

FOUR TOPS
On Broadway

JIMMY RUFFIN
The Groove Governor

JUNIOR WALKER
Smooth

shoo-be-doo
09-18-2014, 07:03 AM
'In Loving Memory' in Stereo !

jack020
09-18-2014, 08:31 AM
All Jermaine Jackson LPs that are not released on cd.

Unreleased Thelma Houston.

mjdestiny
09-18-2014, 10:07 AM
_ The Japanese quadraphonic Greatest Hits - JACKSON 5
_ The JACKIE JACKSON solo album
_ Disc-O-Tech - THE MAGIC DISCO MACHINE

sansradio
09-18-2014, 10:16 AM
_ The Japanese quadraphonic Greatest Hits - JACKSON 5
_ The JACKIE JACKSON solo album
_ Disc-O-Tech - THE MAGIC DISCO MACHINE

Hey, mjdestiny, Jackie Jackson's 1st album is available on US iTunes if you're interested; are you in the U.S.?

soulster
09-18-2014, 10:29 AM
Hey, mjdestiny, Jackie Jackson's 1st album is available on US iTunes if you're interested; are you in the U.S.?

I have also seen it on at least one import CD in the last few years. What a waste. It's a terrible album IMO.

blkfrost
09-18-2014, 11:27 AM
Here is my list to start, but I would prefer all of the Motown albums available for purchase [[CD or digital download)
Jr. Walker [[all of the ones mentioned in the previous posts)
Undisputed Truth [[all of the ones mentioned in the previous posts)
The Originals [[all of the ones mentioned in the previous posts)
The Temptations [[all of the ones mentioned in the previous posts)
Rare Earth [[Midnight Lady)
Rare Earth [[self-titled)
Rare Earth [[Down to Earth)
Rare Earth [[Band Together)
Rare Earth [[Grand Slam)
Reuben Howell [[self-titled)
Reuben Howell [[Rings)
Puzzle [[self-titled)
Puzzle [[The Second Albums)
Diahann Carroll [[self-titled)
Riot [[Welcome to the World of Riot)
Leslie Uggams [[self-titled)
Jerry Butler [[It All Comes Out In My Song)
Willie Hutch [[Concert In Blues)
Willie Hutch [[Color Her Sunshine)
Willie Hutch [[Havin' A House Party)
Willie Hutch [[Making a Game Out of Love)
Fifth Dimension [[Star Dancing)
Fifth Dimension [[High On Sunshine)
Finished Touch [[Need to Know You Better)
Bobby Darin [[1936-1973)
Various Artists [[Save the Children)
Sammy Davis, Jr. [[Something for Everyone)
Jonah Jones [[Along Came Jonah)
Jonah Jones [[A Little Dis, A Little Dat)
Charlene [[Hit and Run Lover)
Maureen Steele [[Nature of the Beast)

blkfrost
09-18-2014, 11:30 AM
Oh yes, cannot forget Rose Banks [[Rose)

Ngroove
09-18-2014, 01:27 PM
Just gonna say, Tamla-Motown, in the spirit many unsung "not the same old" top twelve acts, in finally giving them their recognition, well presentation in somehow even stuffing two discs worth of songs that finally gives them justice [[Velvelettes, Elgins, Brenda Holloway, Kim Weston, Chris Clark, Barrett Strong, Bobby Taylor, the Motown Barbara McNair, Billy Eckstine, Chuck Jackson):

May I request the same for:
- Carolyn Crawford
- Fantastic Four
- The Lewis Sisters / Little Lisa
- Terry Johnson

greg jones
09-18-2014, 02:21 PM
How about Lesley Gore's Someplace Else Now with any not included MoWest singles!!!!

greg jones
los ángeles, ca

144man
09-18-2014, 02:39 PM
TM 244 Various Artists "Live At The Fox"
TM 249 Choker Campbell "Shades Of Time"
TS 265 Willie Tyler & Lester "Hello Dummy"
M 618 Bobby Breen "Better Late Than Never"
MLP 619 Stepin Fetchit "My Son The Sit In"
MS 640 Billy Eckstine "Live At Lake Tahoe"
MS 697 "Mynah Birds"
GS 937 "Martha & the Vandellas Live at The Copa"
GS 941 "Rita Wright"
SS 722 Fantastic Four "How Sweet He Is"
SS 730 Gladys Knight & the Pips "All In A Knights Work"
VIP 406 Ivy Jo "Is In This Bag"
Please !

TM 249 is a new one on me. I thought MS 697 was the Souvenir Edition of "In Loving Memory" and that GS 937 had been allocated to Marv Johnson. Unfortunately I have no idea where my information came from.

RossHolloway
09-18-2014, 02:45 PM
a reprinting of volume one of the seventies supremes [[1970-1973) cd / book set.

*this* plus all motown mondays live at the roostertail recordings.

Philles/Motown Gary
09-18-2014, 03:29 PM
As long as we're talkin' MoWest, how about:

TOM CLAY - What The World Needs Now Is Love
CELEBRATION - Celebration
LESLEY GORE - Someplace Else Now [[As mentioned above)

THE RASPBERRIES - Complete Motown Recordings

johnny_raven
09-18-2014, 04:04 PM
Philles:

Do you mean THE BLACKBERRIES?

rovereab
09-18-2014, 04:21 PM
Downloads of the mono versions of albums from the golden era that will never make it to deluxe/expanded sets.

justanothermotownfan
09-18-2014, 05:19 PM
wow, great lists. I would love all of the Workshop Jazz sessions, Tamla Motown Festival Tokyo 1968 [[Stevie & The Vandellas), Undisputed Truth, Jr. Walker [[70's), Originals, and the mono albums like rovereab said. Oh, and definitely the Rare Earth albums.

Wings of Love by The Temptations is currently available on iTunes.

Philles/Motown Gary
09-18-2014, 05:26 PM
Philles:

Do you mean THE BLACKBERRIES?

Thanks, johnny_raven. Yeah, The Blackberries. [["Rasberries"! Just another senior moment here! Eric Carmen's group sure weren't Motown, were they!)

Philles/Motown Gary
09-18-2014, 05:33 PM
SAN REMO GOLDEN STRINGS - Hungry For Love [[Gordy)
SAN REMO GOLDEN STRINGS - Swing [[Gordy)

Philles/Motown Gary
09-18-2014, 06:47 PM
Hey Calvin, I didn't forget about Jr.'s "What Does It Take". Here in the U.S., the album/CD was released under the title "Gotta Hold On To This Feeling". Here's the track list [alphabetized from my [[WordPerfect) Motown CD playlist]:

- Ame Cherie [[Soul Darling) - 1/4
- Cleo’s Mood - 1/6
- Clinging To The Thought That She’s Coming Back - 1/5
- Gotta Hold On To This Feeling - 1/10
- Hot Cha - 1/7
- How Sweet It Is - 1/11
- I’ve Got To Find A Way To Win Maria Back - 1/8
- Proud Mary - 1/3
- San Jose - 1/12
- Sweet Soul - 1/9
- These Eyes - 1/2
- What Does It Take [[To Win Your Love) - 1/1

The only 1974 release we got from Jr. Walker was his "Anthology" LP. "What Does It Take" and "Jr. Walker & The All Stars" must have been retitled versions for the U.K.

I even looked up the above in my Heat Wave: The Motown Fact Book [[Motown's complete discography) just to be sure, but the two titles you mentioned were not original releases.

eBay does have a CD titled "What Does It Take", although a quick glance at the track list looked like it was a rehash-of-hits collection.

ejluther
09-18-2014, 07:15 PM
Another hearty vote for:
THE UNDISPUTED TRUTH
The Undisputed Truth
[[Face To Face With The Truth is already on CD)
Law Of The Land
Down To Earth
Cosmic Truth
Higher Than High

As for FACE TO FACE, it needs a reissue because the CD of it is long out of print and the asking price is too rich for my blood... [[http://www.amazon.com/Face-Truth-Undisputed/dp/B0000942QS/ref=sr_1_2_title_1_aud?ie=UTF8&qid=1411082047&sr=8-2&keywords=face+to+face+undisputed+truth)

calvin
09-18-2014, 07:16 PM
Hi Gary, yes it's the same as "Gotta Hold On To This Feeling."
http://www.discogs.com/Junior-Walker-The-All-Stars-What-Does-It-Take-To-Win-Your-Love/master/209779

I wasn't aware that it was released on cd, thanks for pointing that out. Too bad the first used copies I see are about £100. I hope Universal makes this available as a download and I can get it lossless from Qobuz.

The other one I meant is this - looks like it may have only been released in Europe?
http://www.discogs.com/Jr-Walker-The-All-Stars-Featuring-Stevie-Wonder-Jr-Walker-The-All-Stars/master/272539

Philles/Motown Gary
09-18-2014, 07:54 PM
Hi Gary,
The other one I meant is this - looks like it may have only been released in Europe?
http://www.discogs.com/Jr-Walker-The-All-Stars-Featuring-Stevie-Wonder-Jr-Walker-The-All-Stars/master/272539

Hi Calvin, look what I just found! I looked up a discography on the internet showing the track titles on each one of Jr. Walkers's albums, and it turns out the website is a thread from Soulful Detroit! You'll notice that the 1974 "Jr. Walker & The All Stars" LP that you mentioned was slated for release here in the U.S., but was then replaced with Jr.'s "Hot Shot" album instead. Are you saying that 1974's "Jr. Walker & The All Stars" exists on CD in the U.K?

BTW, thanks for the link showing the 1974 album and the track titles.

Here's the link I was telling you about:

http://soulfuldetroit.com/showthread.php?3270-Junior-Walker-s-Motown-discography-[[1965-1983)

Nothing But Soul
09-18-2014, 08:07 PM
http://www.discogs.com/Jr-Walker-The-All-Stars-Featuring-Stevie-Wonder-Jr-Walker-The-All-Stars/master/272539[/QUOTE]

The 1974 album Jr. Walker and the All Stars, which was originally intended for release as Soul label LP S6-742S1, ultimately was not issued in the States. It was, however, released in the UK as Tamla-Motown STML-11274. Most of the tracks from this album ended up on later US albums. "All in Love Is Fair", "Boogie Down", and "Until You Come Back To Me [[That's What I'm Gonna Do)" were included on the 1976 album Sax Appeal. "You Are The Sunshine of My Life" and "My Love" were issued on another 1976 album, Whopper Bopper Show Stopper. "Dancin' Like They Do On Soul Train", which was a single in the States, was later reissued on the 1994 2-CD compilation Nothing But Soul: The Singles.

soulster
09-18-2014, 10:52 PM
Downloads of the mono versions of albums from the golden era that will never make it to deluxe/expanded sets.

Oh yeah! MONO! They are now rare enough that people WILL buy them!

honest man
09-19-2014, 06:17 AM
Just gonna say, Tamla-Motown, in the spirit many unsung "not the same old" top twelve acts, in finally giving them their recognition, well presentation in somehow even stuffing two discs worth of songs that finally gives them justice [[Velvelettes, Elgins, Brenda Holloway, Kim Weston, Chris Clark, Barrett Strong, Bobby Taylor, the Motown Barbara McNair, Billy Eckstine, Chuck Jackson):

May I request the same for:
- Carolyn Crawford
- Fantastic Four
- The Lewis Sisters / Little Lisa
- Terry Johnson

May i also add to the Spectrum list Edwin Starr,JJ Barnes also add to the Ace series Spinners vol 2,Fantastic 4 complete and Edwin Starr lost and found.Lastly the 2promised sets from a few years back Ivy Joe Hunter-Blinky.THANK YOU.

mr soul
09-19-2014, 07:17 AM
Jerry Butler Box Set

mjdestiny
09-19-2014, 10:36 AM
I know that this album is available on US iTunes and also on Amazon.com but i'm living in France .....and i prefer a cd release ;)

Philles/Motown Gary
09-19-2014, 08:47 PM
Here is my list to start, but I would prefer all of the Motown albums available for purchase [[CD or digital download)
Rare Earth [[self-titled)
Bobby Darin [[1936-1973)

blkfrost, the above two Motown titles are/have been available on CD. Here are the links:

http://www.amazon.com/Back-Earth-Rare/dp/B000MMLOGU/ref=sr_1_42?ie=UTF8&qid=1411173400&sr=8-42&keywords=rare+earth+cds

http://www.amazon.com/1936-1973-Bobby-Darin/dp/B000001ADL/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1411173671&sr=8-1&keywords=bobby+darin+1936-1973+motown+cd

blkfrost
09-19-2014, 10:22 PM
blkfrost, the above two Motown titles are/have been available on CD. Here are the links:

http://www.amazon.com/Back-Earth-Rare/dp/B000MMLOGU/ref=sr_1_42?ie=UTF8&qid=1411173400&sr=8-42&keywords=rare+earth+cds

http://www.amazon.com/1936-1973-Bobby-Darin/dp/B000001ADL/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1411173671&sr=8-1&keywords=bobby+darin+1936-1973+motown+cd

Thank you. I found and purchased the Rare Earth ones. Did not know about Bobby Darin.

sansradio
09-19-2014, 10:26 PM
I know that this album is available on US iTunes and also on Amazon.com but i'm living in France .....and i prefer a cd release ;)

Gotcha. Let's cross our fingers.

Philles/Motown Gary
09-20-2014, 02:13 AM
Thank you. I found and purchased the Rare Earth ones. Did not know about Bobby Darin.

You're welcome, blkfrost. Are you aware that Bobby Darin's previously-unreleased Live Motown album is also available on CD? In fact, I just discovered that it's been re-issued [[since my copy) with an even newer front cover and two additional songs. Here's the Amazon link:

http://www.amazon.com/Live-Desert-Inn-Bobby-Darin/dp/B0007DBJTQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=undefined&sr=8-1&keywords=bobby+darin+live+at+the+desert+inn+cd

soulster
09-20-2014, 02:52 AM
Thank you. I found and purchased the Rare Earth ones. Did not know about Bobby Darin. I wonder if they used the same masters as the box that came out several years ago. They sound excellent.

Philles/Motown Gary
09-20-2014, 10:03 PM
I wonder if they used the same masters as the box that came out several years ago. They sound excellent.

No, soulster, Rare Earth's "Back To Earth" and their self-titled "Rare Earth" are two of their later Motown albums which, to my knowledge, had never been on CD before. But they sound great. If you're interested, I say "Go for it!"

Cadeho
09-21-2014, 12:11 AM
I've had a list myself, but it is too vast. I say make everything available for download. I don't have the money or time to wait for shipping of physical CDs... people are crazy on ebay and Amazon for what they ask sometimes. This is Motown's 55th anniversary and I'm surprised more has not been released in honor of that. It seems things have been quiet since the 45th as far as celebrations and re-releases in honor of are concerned.

Ngroove
09-21-2014, 01:18 AM
I suppose, re-pressings, of the Motown Barbara McNair and Billy Eckstine Anthologies. No, I am not a digital person.

Repressings of Complete Motown Singles 1966 also.

blkfrost
09-22-2014, 10:41 AM
You're welcome, blkfrost. Are you aware that Bobby Darin's previously-unreleased Live Motown album is also available on CD? In fact, I just discovered that it's been re-issued [[since my copy) with an even newer front cover and two additional songs. Here's the Amazon link:

http://www.amazon.com/Live-Desert-Inn-Bobby-Darin/dp/B0007DBJTQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=undefined&sr=8-1&keywords=bobby+darin+live+at+the+desert+inn+cd

Yes, I bought this one a while back. I found it by accident. Thank you.

alexstassi
09-22-2014, 06:44 PM
Four Tops - Now [[or Macarthur Park as it was reissued) & Nature Planned it

The Entire Undisputed Truth Motown releases [[have face to face on cd... but there's a glitch on don't let her take you love from me grrrrrr)

Forever thankful for the last three Smokey & The Miracles releases..... was great to also finally get the Tempts "Masterpiece" in its full 42 minute glory digitally

jboy88
09-22-2014, 11:49 PM
I'd been checking week after week or Mary Wells "Sing My Guy" album to hit i-tunes. Not only did it get reissued but it [[along with Bye Bye Baby and Live) was Mastered for I-tunes. Big thanks to Harry for that!

sansradio
09-23-2014, 08:27 PM
I've had a list myself, but it is too vast. I say make everything available for download. I don't have the money or time to wait for shipping of physical CDs... people are crazy on ebay and Amazon for what they ask sometimes. This is Motown's 55th anniversary and I'm surprised more has not been released in honor of that. It seems things have been quiet since the 45th as far as celebrations and re-releases in honor of are concerned.

Hear, hear, cadeho!

sansradio
09-23-2014, 09:52 PM
I'd been checking week after week or Mary Wells "Sing My Guy" album to hit i-tunes. Not only did it get reissued but it [[along with Bye Bye Baby and Live) was Mastered for I-tunes. Big thanks to Harry for that!

I recently went through the same situation with Gladys Knight & The Pips' Neither One of Us album, curiously unavailable on iTunes for a long time...until I checked this weekend! It's there, along with many of the albums Motown released on them after their exodus to Buddah. Three cheers!

Ngroove
10-23-2014, 12:53 PM
COMPLETE STEVIE WONDER SINGLES A AND B SIDES 1961-1971

Yeah, may sound nutty, Stevie probably Motown's most represented, highest selling acts, BUT, when was the last time "I'm Wondering" or "You've Met Your Match", or even "Contract on Love" been physically released?

For the most part, when most think of Stevie, what Motown thinks of Stevie, would be the "Music of My Mind" - beyond Stevie Wonder that he himself owns. As for "Motown" Stevie, most classic hits compilations and such may bring out "Fingertips", "Uptight [[Everything's Alright)", "I Was Made To Love Her", "For Once In My Life", "My Cherie Amour", "Signed, Sealed, Delivered, I'm Yours", and sometimes "Shoo-Be-Doo-Be-Doo-Da-Day", "Yester-Me, Yester-You, Yesterday", and "If You Really Love Me", but what about "Hey Harmonica Man", "Nothing's Too Good For My Baby", "With A Child's Heart", "Everytime I See You, I Go Wild", and "Angie Girl"?

C'mon Motown - even then, Stevie's got the power, got mad ferocious energy! You've got the music - why not re-use them?

longtimefan
10-23-2014, 04:14 PM
Wouldn't it be wonderful if Universal Motown had a web site that listed current and upcoming releases so we all had the same information? It seems like a good business procedure to me.

thommg
10-23-2014, 06:18 PM
How about the Bobby Darin album [[aka, Sail Away)? It has never been on cd as far as I know, though a couple of tracks have appeared [[in shortened version, I think).

Philles/Motown Gary
10-23-2014, 08:02 PM
Wouldn't it be wonderful if Universal Motown had a web site that listed current and upcoming releases so we all had the same information? It seems like a good business procedure to me.

It sure would, longtimefan. A one-stop Motown CD-release information site sounds like common business sense to me. Universal would sell a lot more Motown CD's and downloads if the public were aware of what's available. It would sure save us a lot of unnecessary and time-consuming hunting and searching for new and upcoming releases.

robb_k
10-23-2014, 11:34 PM
The Pronouns [[Gospel)
The Best of Motown Gospel
Edward Earling and other 1961-64 artists whose cuts haven't yet been released
Gwen Owens' Motown recordings

longtimefan
10-24-2014, 01:39 AM
It sure would, longtimefan. A one-stop Motown CD-release information site sounds like common business sense to me. Universal would sell a lot more Motown CD's and downloads if the public were aware of what's available. It would sure save us a lot of unnecessary and time-consuming hunting and searching for new and upcoming releases.

Has Harry ever commented on this need for a regularly updated, comprehensive website featuring current and upcoming releases? Is he still associated with Universal/Motown? Just wondering....

snakepit
10-27-2014, 05:46 PM
The Originals albums
Ivy Hunter as well

JM27
10-27-2014, 08:37 PM
An expanded release of Stevie's "Where I'm Coming From". It predates his revised contract so doesn't need his permission to be released, and there are a few unreleased mixes knocking around. Plus it's very underrated and Stevie's first "adult" album.

soulster
10-27-2014, 09:26 PM
BTW, the new Pono download site is going live soon, and will offer lossless albums like Quboz does in Europe.

https://ponomusic.force.com/

Motown Eddie
10-29-2014, 10:25 AM
Here's a suggestion; how about posting information about new releases [[whether they're CD or MP3) on the Hip-O Select website. The most recent entry on the site is the now year old "TCMS 1972 Vol. 12 B".

honest man
10-29-2014, 10:52 AM
Looking at Motown Guys booklet says Fantastic 4 recorded 50 songs 67-71 at Motown,CAN WE HAVE THEM PLEASE............................................ ..

Philles/Motown Gary
10-29-2014, 12:56 PM
Looking at Motown Guys booklet says Fantastic 4 recorded 50 songs 67-71 at Motown,CAN WE HAVE THEM PLEASE............................................ ..
Yes, please! I'd like an order of those, too [[CD, preferably)!

Philles/Motown Gary
10-29-2014, 01:01 PM
Here's a suggestion; how about posting information about new releases [[whether they're CD or MP3) on the Hip-O Select website. The most recent entry on the site is the now year old "TCMS 1972 Vol. 12 B".
Excellent idea! It will benefit Motown and Motown fans alike.

Philles/Motown Gary
12-06-2014, 04:18 PM
SOUNDS NICE "Love At First Sight" [[Rare Earth LP)

RossHolloway
12-10-2014, 01:26 PM
Any news on Unreleased Motown 1964?

longtimefan
12-10-2014, 04:41 PM

Eddie,
Right on! I have been posting for a year or more about the lack of an official website that talks about Motown's current and upcoming releases. I simply cannot understand why they have no advertisement as simple as a website that tells what is new and what is coming soon. Speaking of Harry; I haven't seen any post from him for ages. Is he still with the company or perhaps just uncomfortable about making any statements, which I could certainly understand.