PDA

View Full Version : Rare Earth Status

test

mickeymac
11-10-2010, 06:52 PM
First off I want to say how glad I am Gil Bridges is still carrying the torch that burns all the way back to the Sunliners. Also I know Pete Rivera is doing his own thing these days, but how well does he and Gil get along. Just curious.

Man are those two guys talented.

ralpht
11-10-2010, 07:51 PM
Mickey,
I believe that Pete and Gil made their peace with one another quite some time ago.. Due to the fact that they live on opposite sides of the country, I don't think they correspond all that much.

ralpht
11-10-2010, 07:54 PM
By the way, speaking of Pete Rivera, Russ is on his way to Spokane as we speak to do a few sessions with Pete. Pete's new act, that is basically an unplugged version of what he has done in the past, seems to be creating a good buzz. There will be some video being shot of these sessions which I will post.

Doug-Morgan
11-11-2010, 12:35 AM
Is Pete playing a gig in Spokane? Didn't see one listed in the local paper.....

ralpht
11-11-2010, 10:31 AM
No, Doug,
He lives in Spokane.

tomato tom
11-11-2010, 05:47 PM
Ooo you got me digging out some Rare Earth! Now, shall it be MA, In Concert, Band Together, Midnight Lady...aw lets get them ALL out. Hey. havnt played Willie Remembers in eons, or Rare Earth, or Get Ready, or Grand Slam, or....oh,forgot I had that one. Cmn Paulo, just play.....

mickeymac
11-11-2010, 05:53 PM
I am glad to hear those guy get along and have no beef. Also what about Ecology? What a great album that is.

tomato tom
11-11-2010, 06:45 PM
Playin it now. Just finished Back To Earth. Ma is up next. Good job I dont have to work tomorrow. I havin a real good evening with these great vinyl treats and Smirnoff and Coke. How I managed to neglect this great music for so long? Just filed away. Thanks to this post I have rediscovered some fantastic musical memories. Thanks..Paulo XXXX