PDA

View Full Version : In Memoriam: Bob Crewe [[1931-2014)

test

Philles/Motown Gary
09-12-2014, 02:11 PM
We have lost another beloved Motown music icon. This article is taken from The Second Disc's website:

http://theseconddisc.com/

- Gary

mowsville
09-12-2014, 03:08 PM
R.I.P to a very talented man.

marv2
09-12-2014, 04:01 PM
We have lost another beloved Motown music icon. This article is taken from The Second Disc's website:

- Gary

Yeah? When did he work at Motown?

Roberta75
09-12-2014, 04:15 PM
[QUOTE=Philles/Motown Gary;250027]We have lost another beloved Motown music icon. This article is taken from The Second Disc's website:

All things have been handed over to us by our Heavenly Father and no one knows the Son of God except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son of God and anyone to whom the Son Jesus Christ chooses to reveal to him. Come to him, all of you that are weary and are carrying heavy burdens, and he will give you rest. Take his yoke upon you and learn from him for he is gentle and humble in heart, and all of us will find rest, peace and everlasting life with him for all eternity.

Amen.

Roberta

Philles/Motown Gary
09-12-2014, 04:21 PM
Yeah? When did he work at Motown?

Yeah. Go into page two of The Second Disc article [[link included above in the main thread) and it tells of his association with Motown in the 1970's. That's how The Four Seasons "Chameleon" and Frankie Valli's solo "Inside You" Motown albums came about.

thanxal
09-12-2014, 04:50 PM
That's how The Four Seasons "Chameleon" and Frankie Valli's solo "Inside You" Motown albums came about.
Those were great albums. Sorry to lose such talent.

marv2
09-12-2014, 07:00 PM
Yeah. Go into page two of The Second Disc article [[link included above in the main thread) and it tells of his association with Motown in the 1970's. That's how The Four Seasons "Chameleon" and Frankie Valli's solo "Inside You" Motown albums came about.

I saw that but it did not say much, that's why I asked. Thanks. His obituary posted in the main forum listed some of his productions but did not mention Motown in the article.

mysterysinger
09-14-2014, 04:33 PM
Another great talent who left us a wonderful legacy.

RTA6226
09-15-2014, 06:09 PM
OMG! Where have I been? I didn't know Bob Crewe passed! Oh how awful.
He was known for producing, and co-writing with Bob Gaudio a string of Top singles for Frankie Valli and the 4 Seasons. Did anybody see the play or the movie Jersey Boys? His character was on there. RIP Bob. :[[

LuvHangOva
09-16-2014, 12:19 AM
Another great talent who left us a wonderful legacy.

I know no one can live forever but this still makes me said. When I was a kid Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons and Diana Ross and the Supremes were at the center of my musicial universe. It was actually Frankie and the boys who first caught my ear. The very first record I begged my dad to buy for me was "Sherry" by Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons. From that day I have been a H-U-G-E fan of "pop" music. I never outgrew that fascination. Just like with Motown I studied the label on the records so even then I knew the names Bob Crewe [[and Bob Gaudio). I was another few years before I discovered Diana Ross and the Supremes/Motown. There's always been a special place in my heart for anyone associated with creating the "magic" I experienced when I listened all those years ago. We will miss you Bob. Thanks for everything.