PDA

View Full Version : Struck by lightning twice-the temptations

test

arrr&bee
11-10-2010, 01:15 PM
Does this song kick butt or not,i know it didn't sell much when released although it got alot of airplay in d.c.but this for me will always be a temps classic,dennis gives a classic performance...a temptations classic!!!

psychedelic jacques
11-10-2010, 06:22 PM
i really like this song too, and, as far as I know, it's surprisingly never appeared on cd.

copley
11-10-2010, 08:35 PM
The album 'Power' has never been issued on CD and I think that only a couple of the tracks have ever made it onto CD compilations.

arrr&bee
11-11-2010, 10:27 AM
the album 'power' has never been issued on cd and i think that only a couple of the tracks have ever made it onto cd compilations.

hey copley,is[power]an underatted album or what one of thier best but not mentioned much,i rank it right up with thier classic work.

copley
11-11-2010, 07:01 PM
I like the tracks 'Power' & 'Struck By Lightning Twice' but not much else I'm afraid.

144man
11-12-2010, 04:33 PM
I find the track "Power" too close to "Law of the Land".

tomato tom
11-13-2010, 03:47 PM
I played this album today for the first time in ages. Wasnt over impressed when it first came out, but it seems to sound A lot better to these ears now..especially Struck By Lightning Twice....Paulo XXXX

arrr&bee
11-14-2010, 12:26 PM
i played this album today for the first time in ages. Wasnt over impressed when it first came out, but it seems to sound a lot better to these ears now..especially struck by lightning twice....paulo xxxx

good for you paulo,keep listening you'll see what i mean,classic album!!

paladin
11-17-2010, 09:44 PM
I played this album today in its entirety and I was rocking the house. A Great way to reintroduce the fellas after their hiatus at Atlantic. They were in great voice and the entire LP is really good. Every Tempt gets a chance to shine and Dennis was'nt taking any prisoners. They sounded like The Temptations.......Go For It, Can't You See Sweet Thing and Shadow of Your Love were portents of things to come. The musicians were pure kick ass.......thanks Jai for reminding me that I should spend a little more time with my vinyl collection....lol...

marv2
11-17-2010, 09:50 PM
This one and "What A Way to Put It" were probably two of the most underrated songs by the Tempts during that era of the early 80's!

arrr&bee
11-18-2010, 11:16 AM
this one and "what a way to put it" were probably two of the most underrated songs by the tempts during that era of the early 80's!

hey marv,another classic from the fellas and the line[that ain't no way to treat somebody you love]is a killer....love the temptations!!!

marv2
11-18-2010, 09:12 PM
hey marv,another classic from the fellas and the line[that ain't no way to treat somebody you love]is a killer....love the temptations!!!

It was a killa! The Temptations hadn't lost nothing by that point. I believe it was just that they were so damned good for so damned long that no one knew what to do with them? I mean where do you go when you are already the best in the World?

paladin
11-19-2010, 12:50 AM
@ Marv...good point !

arrr&bee
11-19-2010, 06:06 PM
it was a killa! The temptations hadn't lost nothing by that point. I believe it was just that they were so damned good for so damned long that no one knew what to do with them? I mean where do you go when you are already the best in the world?

hey marv,like they say...what do you give the person that has everything,hahahaha!!!

marv2
11-19-2010, 10:24 PM
hey marv,like they say...what do you give the person that has everything,hahahaha!!!

Another Gold Record? Yawn! LOL!

tomato tom
11-26-2010, 01:16 PM
Hey Paladin

Thats what I have been doing a lot lately, when time permits, getting back to my vinyl. So much still not on CD..pAULO xxx

paladin
11-26-2010, 02:45 PM
@ Paulo, Thats so true makes me grateful that I kept my collection intact. I can always play something very few people have.

tomato tom
12-15-2010, 12:11 PM
SO Glad I kept my vinyl. Still collecting now. Like you say, so much still not available on C.D. or other outlets. Nothing like holding that album in my hand, or that 45. However, having a bastard time trying to get a replacement stylus for my system. So, vinyl has its UPS and it has its DOWNS......Paulo XXX