PDA

View Full Version : KIKI DEE!!! The Day Will Come Between Sunday and Monday VIDEO FOOTAGE!

test

jillfoster
09-09-2014, 01:02 AM
What a TREASURE to surface!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-X2KXtbYRQ

Philles/Motown Gary
09-09-2014, 02:10 AM
WOW! Talk about rare! I love Kiki Dee's Motown material. Never dreamed in a million years we would see a video performance. Thanks a heap for sharing!

westgrandboulevard
09-09-2014, 05:15 AM
It is indeed a good clip..but also to quietly say that, to give credit where it is due, it has already been posted on this forum, July 11th, by theboyfromxtown....

smark21
09-09-2014, 07:52 AM
Already a thread about this as westgrandboulevard cited above.

Philles/Motown Gary
09-09-2014, 11:46 AM
To westgrandboulevard and smark21: I.just joined the Motown Forum a couple weeks ago. The video was new to.me. Thanks to everyone who has submitted it, including theboyfromxtown.

thommg
09-09-2014, 12:14 PM
Funny, we were just noting in the Manhattan Transfer thread about how disinterested the audience looked as they sang. This audience looks almost exactly the same. Only in one shot, from the back of the crowd, can you see a guy actually grooving to Kiki. It would have been great if they'd let the audience move along. I guess they felt that if the audience was grooving they would take the spotlight from Ms. Dee.

And I agree, I love her Motown output. She recorded some great music.

mysterysinger
09-09-2014, 12:19 PM
I like Kiki's Motown output too, apart from "Walk On By" which imho is very poor.

Just a point that it's quite easy to search for previous posts as there's a white search box near the top [[but it might pull up too much if you type in simply Diana or Mary lol).

westgrandboulevard
09-09-2014, 01:45 PM
This inadvertent duplication of threads might be an opportunity to remember Kiki's "Love Makes The World Go Round - The Motown Collection" CD, just in case anyone here does not already have it. It features her original "Great Expectations" album, with 6 additional tracks.

144man
09-09-2014, 02:37 PM
I remember being disappointed when TDWCBSAM wasn't a hit. If there really were a day between Sunday and Monday, I wonder what it would have been called.

roger
09-09-2014, 03:13 PM
I remember being disappointed when TDWCBSAM wasn't a hit. If there really were a day between Sunday and Monday, I wonder what it would have been called.

Earthday??? :)

Roger

Methuselah2
09-09-2014, 03:28 PM

Panic Day! [[As in 'School Panic Day', 'Job Panic Day', 'Where-Did-the-Weekend-Go Panic Day'.)

144man
09-09-2014, 03:49 PM
We could have a three day weekend. I expect they'd make us work the extra day instead:[[

Methuselah2
09-09-2014, 04:04 PM
That's so 24/8!

jillfoster
09-09-2014, 05:09 PM
Well shit! how come I missed it? I'd usually be on a thread like that like white on rice! LOL

marv2
09-09-2014, 05:09 PM
Funny, we were just noting in the Manhattan Transfer thread about how disinterested the audience looked as they sang. This audience looks almost exactly the same. Only in one shot, from the back of the crowd, can you see a guy actually grooving to Kiki. It would have been great if they'd let the audience move along. I guess they felt that if the audience was grooving they would take the spotlight from Ms. Dee.

And I agree, I love her Motown output. She recorded some great music.

If I were a musician onstage working hard to please the crowd, that would make me absolutely crazy!

marv2
09-09-2014, 05:11 PM
Well shit! how come I missed it? I'd usually be on a thread like that like white on rice! LOL

Jill ! Where have you been? hehehehehehehe.......

Philles/Motown Gary
09-09-2014, 09:06 PM
To 144man: As much as I've always loved Kiki's "Great Expectations" including "The Day Will Come Between Sunday and Monday", I love The Supremes' previously-unreleased version [[Jean, Mary & Cindy) even more. Those back-up ooh's and aah's are dynamite. Not sure if it's Mary and Cindy or The Andantes. Doesn't matter. That version is pure girl-group Motown at its finest!

144man
09-09-2014, 09:23 PM
I tend to like the first version I hear of a song better, but in this case I just don't have a preference.

Philles/Motown Gary
09-10-2014, 12:14 AM
To 144man: Yeah, I love them both. Kiki's version deserved to be a hit. And it's hard to comprehend why The Supremes' version didn't make the cut on their "Right On" track line-up. Go figure.

mysterysinger
09-10-2014, 02:13 PM
Better to have a post twice than not at all - especially in this case because the video is a truly remarkable find. Always liked Kiki's TDWCBSAM and there are some cracking cuts on "Great Expectations" - I like "Johnny Raven" and "Jimmy". But she saved her best work till after Motown - "Amoureuse" and "Loving and Free". Just an opinion.:rolleyes:

Philles/Motown Gary
09-10-2014, 03:11 PM
Better to have a post twice than not at all - especially in this case because the video is a truly remarkable find. Always liked Kiki's TDWCBSAM and there are some cracking cuts on "Great Expectations" - I like "Johnny Raven" and "Jimmy". But she saved her best work till after Motown - "Amoureuse" and "Loving and Free". Just an opinion.:rolleyes:

I agree, mysterysinger: I didn't post the Kiki Dee video, but I'm glad that jillfoster did. Otherwise, I [[and the other new Motown Forum members) would have missed it altogether. BTW, my favorite post-Motown Kiki track is "Once A Fool". - Gary