PDA

View Full Version : George Bush Honors Canada

test

jobeterob
11-10-2010, 11:59 AM
Former U.S. commander in chief George W. Bush signs copies of his new book "Decision Points." [[Image: Getty)

George W. Bush publishes a book and largely excludes Canada

09/11/2010 7:30:00 PM

by Daniela Syrovy
George W. Bush's new book "Decision Points" is out, and it barely mentions Canada. Should we be offended? Should we care at all?

Former U.S. President George W. Bush has published a memoir called "Decision Points" and while it's filled with information about his eight years in office, some have noticed that there is almost no mention of Canada in the book.

Our country being the closest neighbour and the biggest trading partner to the United States might leave some with the expectation that we should get more of a starring role rather than passing mentions in the book.

I say good riddance.

Does Canada really care that Bush doesn't care about our country? Shouldn't his memoir be about him? It's not surprising that we barely play a role in the book. Those who are disappointed suffer from the little brother complex; looking up to our big brother to the south and hoping he pays attention to us...wishing we were cool enough, and important enough to hang out with the big boys at recess. Canadians spend a lot of time bashing Americans and I know I've done my fair share of Bush-bashing, so sulking over Canada's non-role in his book of memoirs is ludicrous.

He wrote the book to sell it and make profit and the bottom line is American-Canadian political relations just aren't sexy enough. What people want to read about is not fleeting interactions with our Prime Minister, but juicy details of Bush's struggle with alcohol and whether or not he regrets the controversial decisions he made.

Instead of reading the book, save yourself the time and watch his interview with NBC's Matt Lauer to hear about Bush's thoughts and reactions to 9/11 [["...I was not in shock..."), waterboarding [["...necessary..."), Afghanistan and Iraq [["...intelligence was rock solid..."), Dick Cheney [["...he was a solid advisor...") weapons of mass destruction [["...I felt sickened when we didn't find any...") and Kanye West calling him a racist [["...one of the most disgusting moments of my presidency...").

You won't hear Canada [[or Poland) mentioned once...but you will have a deeper glimpse into the thoughts of one of America's most controversial and largely disliked Presidents in its history.

arrr&bee
11-10-2010, 12:44 PM
former u.s. Commander in chief george w. Bush signs copies of his new book "decision points." [[image: Getty)

george w. Bush publishes a book and largely excludes canada

09/11/2010 7:30:00 pm

by daniela syrovy
george w. Bush's new book "decision points" is out, and it barely mentions canada. Should we be offended? Should we care at all?

Former u.s. President george w. Bush has published a memoir called "decision points" and while it's filled with information about his eight years in office, some have noticed that there is almost no mention of canada in the book.

Our country being the closest neighbour and the biggest trading partner to the united states might leave some with the expectation that we should get more of a starring role rather than passing mentions in the book.

I say good riddance.

Does canada really care that bush doesn't care about our country? Shouldn't his memoir be about him? It's not surprising that we barely play a role in the book. Those who are disappointed suffer from the little brother complex; looking up to our big brother to the south and hoping he pays attention to us...wishing we were cool enough, and important enough to hang out with the big boys at recess. Canadians spend a lot of time bashing americans and i know i've done my fair share of bush-bashing, so sulking over canada's non-role in his book of memoirs is ludicrous.

He wrote the book to sell it and make profit and the bottom line is american-canadian political relations just aren't sexy enough. What people want to read about is not fleeting interactions with our prime minister, but juicy details of bush's struggle with alcohol and whether or not he regrets the controversial decisions he made.

Instead of reading the book, save yourself the time and watch his interview with nbc's matt lauer to hear about bush's thoughts and reactions to 9/11 [["...i was not in shock..."), waterboarding [["...necessary..."), afghanistan and iraq [["...intelligence was rock solid..."), dick cheney [["...he was a solid advisor...") weapons of mass destruction [["...i felt sickened when we didn't find any...") and kanye west calling him a racist [["...one of the most disgusting moments of my presidency...").

You won't hear canada [[or poland) mentioned once...but you will have a deeper glimpse into the thoughts of one of america's most controversial and largely disliked presidents in its history.

haaaaaaaaa,i wouldn't lose any sleep over anything that bush jr. Says or does,america is still embarassed over the buttkicking that canada gave her back in the early years when she tried to annex canada[i don't recall the name of the battle but it's in the history books]so maybe jr.is still pissed about it.

jobeterob
11-10-2010, 02:48 PM
LOL.........I think I heard about that war this morning.........War of 1812 or1816; believe me, Canadians don't care or know too much about that war............but they sure are pleased we said NO to George in 2001 or 2002.

arrr&bee
11-10-2010, 02:54 PM
lol.........i think i heard about that war this morning.........war of 1812 or1816; believe me, canadians don't care or know too much about that war............but they sure are pleased we said no to george in 2001 or 2002.

i hope to one day visit canada it looks cool to me[oh by the way how are the hooch laws upthere?]hehehehehe!!!

jobeterob
11-10-2010, 03:34 PM
Well, likely reasonably lenient............but don't try and bring anything across the border or they'll act like you are an Al Quaeda who just made a direct dial call to Osama bin Laden.

robb_k
11-10-2010, 09:52 PM
1860We can thank our lucky stars every day that USA wasn't able to annex Canada. I hope we can continue to remain self sovereign forever [[at least while humans inhabit The earth).

I am honoured to have little connection with George W. Bush [[and his books).

arrr&bee
11-11-2010, 11:27 AM
well, likely reasonably lenient............but don't try and bring anything across the border or they'll act like you are an al quaeda who just made a direct dial call to osama bin laden.

thanks for the warning,i was just gonna sneak[opps,er,ahem,hehe]bring my portable still[opps,er,ahem,hehe]lab to make this wonderful elixir for my canadian friends..hiccup,burp!!!

tomato tom
11-11-2010, 12:23 PM
I am STILL amazed the American people voted this moron to PRESIDENT. AND seeing the people on TV rushing to buy signed copies of his book, SAD, so Sad.. Mind you, they couldnt name the capital city of any nation in the world, let alone their own state capitol. I saw this woman on TV, who had a signed copy, saying, OOOHH, He is SO CUTE. ???????

fatmaninthethirdrow
11-11-2010, 01:26 PM
I am STILL amazed the American people voted this moron to PRESIDENT. AND seeing the people on TV rushing to buy signed copies of his book, SAD, so Sad.. Mind you, they couldnt name the capital city of any nation in the world, let alone their own state capitol. I saw this woman on TV, who had a signed copy, saying, OOOHH, He is SO CUTE. ???????

Why surprised - we Brits have done it just as often as the Yanks.

And the Yanks look set to do it again. Have you noticed the dumbed down women appearing all over the American political scene.

Palin was a big enough joke but look what's crawled out of the kitchen into the Tea Party recently! Better looking than Thatcher or Bessie Bradock but that's where it ends. Beware electing a female Bush!!?!!!

It is about time the USA took its role AND responsibility as Leader of the Western World more seriously. Isolationism? America First? Forget it in the global village.

jobeterob
11-11-2010, 01:36 PM
The USA really is on the outside looking in on the community of nations. At times, I don't think they are anymore "in" than Iran or a country like that. They are perhaps more "in" than North Korea but they are not well regarded in most of the third world ~ only if a country needs their help!

arrr&bee
11-11-2010, 02:04 PM
i am still amazed the american people voted this moron to president. And seeing the people on tv rushing to buy signed copies of his book, sad, so sad.. Mind you, they couldnt name the capital city of any nation in the world, let alone their own state capitol. I saw this woman on tv, who had a signed copy, saying, ooohh, he is so cute. ???????haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa,hey paulo only in america,but remember the moron cheated his way in and those bimbos were probobly friends of the family..haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

tomato tom
11-11-2010, 05:33 PM
arr&bee...Thanks, you know where Im coming from. Mind you the Brits are just waking up to voting in something they didnt want, or think would happen. A coalition, NOT made in heaven. They are regretting it now. Its all very well making a protest vote against the war in Iraq / Afghanistan, now they are f****d, and have only themselves to blame...Paulo XXXX