PDA

View Full Version : Mary Wilson and Hilton Valentine of the Animals

test

luke
09-07-2014, 11:27 PM
Bring It On Home. Both give a great performace on this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwXgxPrJHiQ

marv2
09-07-2014, 11:51 PM
oh wow, they sound so, so good! Thanks for this Luke.

144man
09-09-2014, 02:00 PM
I like that a lot.

Has anyone beside Carla Thomas ever performed the song as "I'll Bring It On Home to You"?

marv2
09-09-2014, 05:12 PM
I like that a lot.

Has anyone beside Carla Thomas ever performed the song as "I'll Bring It On Home to You"?

Do you mean Sam Cooke's "Bring It On Home to Me"?

milven
09-09-2014, 06:33 PM
I like that a lot.

A few have. The one that I am most familiar with is by the Orlons. The sound is quite different from their hits like South Street and Don't Hang Up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sz4hG_exNx8

144man
09-10-2014, 12:09 AM
Do you mean Sam Cooke's "Bring It On Home to Me"?

Oh yes, it was the answer record, wasn't it? Happy birthday, Marv.

144man
09-10-2014, 12:12 AM
A few have. The one that I am most familiar with is by the Orlons. The sound is quite different from their hits like South Street and Don't Hang Up
]

My memory is not what it used to be; I've just checked and found I have it on an Orlons compilation.

stephanie
09-11-2014, 01:00 AM
Didnt Hilton and Mary date at one time in the early days? I think she said so in her book or she went out with him. Marv I didnt know it was your birthday happy bday Mr College of Supreme and Musical Knowledge.

marv2
09-11-2014, 01:41 AM
Didnt Hilton and Mary date at one time in the early days? I think she said so in her book or she went out with him. Marv I didnt know it was your birthday happy bday Mr College of Supreme and Musical Knowledge.

Ha ha! Thank you so much Stephanie, Ms Interviewer Lady Supreme!

luke
09-11-2014, 01:06 PM
Happy birthday Marv! Sometimes I think Mary could do a blues and rock show with just My World Is Empty for Supreme song..and it would be great!

marv2
09-11-2014, 09:15 PM
Happy birthday Marv! Sometimes I think Mary could do a blues and rock show with just My World Is Empty for Supreme song..and it would be great!

Thank you Luke! From what i've seen, Mary can do just about any type of show and pull it off . That clip that was up briefly here with Mary singing "My World Is Empty Without You" back up by Freda & Scherrie Payne she was really tearing it up like it was the first time she's sang that song! I want her to release another concert DVD.