PDA

View Full Version : Gladys and Pips-Niether One of us-this is how it's done!!

test

luke
11-09-2010, 07:48 PM
Incredible-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sp5f8dEnmHY&feature=related

marv2
11-09-2010, 09:27 PM
They were an incredible team!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sp5f8dEnmHY&feature=related

midnightman
11-10-2010, 01:07 AM
They're up there with the O'Jays, Temptations, Miracles and Isley Brothers as one of the greatest vocal groups of all time.

drewschultz88
11-10-2010, 02:31 AM
If you guys get a chance to pick up the Funk Brothers' "Live in Orlando" DVD, they do this on that video. Marcia Ware, one of their lead singers, does an amazing version!

arrr&bee
11-10-2010, 01:08 PM
Neither one of us is not only their best motown recording i rank it as their best record ever[the song is just deep].

luke
11-10-2010, 07:28 PM
Totally agree with you; I think it is one of the best in popular music history.

copley
11-10-2010, 08:26 PM
Well I loved all Gladys's Motown singles except this one & 'Help Me Make It Through The Night'. Far too MOR for me.

daddyacey
11-11-2010, 03:32 AM
If you want to really soil your pants ,then listen to the Motown Kareoke vocal only track of N.O.O.U.
That is proof that Gladys is the only.........only ..one ..........to master that vocal.
It brings chills to your spine and tears to your eyes.................period!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

edafan
11-12-2010, 08:40 PM
I believe it was written by
Jim Waverly,
a former Ol Miss quarterback

edafan

tomato tom
11-13-2010, 05:54 PM
Dig out their Make Me The Woman That You Go Home To..Gladys at her Soulful best, and the Pips showing the world the best harmonies ever. Got to be the most soulful 45 Motown ever put out...Paulo XXXX

Motown4Ever518
11-20-2010, 12:52 PM
Appreciating how much Ms. Knight has grown vocally considering that from the 60's through the 80's she was one of the top five female vocalists period, why do we not have a Lost and Found recording.

The other Motown artists did in the 60's appear to be making a move to branch away from the Motown tree stylistically[[I think the Copa would have loved her), of course after she left the label......the rest is history. As a whole what I remember about the 60's Motown output is that on the unreleased cuts on Cellar full Of Motown the songs were vastly superior to some of the cuts that made the released recordings.

I remember reading about the possibility of a release some time ago but missed any follow up. I saw her at the Jazz Festival here in Saratoga NY this summer and it was one of the best shows I have ever seen.

motown4ever
11-21-2010, 12:49 AM
Appreciating how much Ms. Knight has grown vocally considering that from the 60's through the 80's she was one of the top five female vocalists period, why do we not have a Lost and Found recording.

The other Motown artists did in the 60's appear to be making a move to branch away from the Motown tree stylistically[[I think the Copa would have loved her), of course after she left the label......the rest is history. As a whole what I remember about the 60's Motown output is that on the unreleased cuts on Cellar full Of Motown the songs were vastly superior to some of the cuts that made the released recordings.

I remember reading about the possibility of a release some time ago but missed any follow up. I saw her at the Jazz Festival here in Saratoga NY this summer and it was one of the best shows I have ever seen.

Hey I agree with you on the Lost and Found on Gladys...you know we have the same name don't you so great minds must think alike.