PDA

View Full Version : Just A Few Minutes With Arranger PAUL RISER

test

Methuselah2
08-24-2014, 04:21 AM
http://www.musicianshalloffame.com/inductees/paul-riser/

LuvHangOva
08-25-2014, 05:13 PM
That was awesome!! Along with people like Russ Terrana. Paul Riser has always been one of my Motown heroes. Motown was very much like OZ in my mind as a kid so I spent an amazing amount of time staring at that blue label. Always been very inquisitive so I made it my business to find out who the people were behind the names I kept seeing on the label. Paul Riser's work was/is absolutely stunning.

stephanie
08-26-2014, 11:28 AM
I wish he would sit down with someone and talk for two hours. I liked this.

Methuselah2
08-26-2014, 12:11 PM
And here it is, Stephanie. This was posted on SDF last year by Theboyfromxtown. The video is 2 hrs.:

http://www.redbullmusicacademy.com/lectures/paul_riser_funk_brothers_gonna_work_it_out

theboyfromxtown
08-26-2014, 01:46 PM
Methuselah2.....

I tried to find it again but couldn't ....thank goodness you were able to find it.

Well done

stephanie
08-26-2014, 07:34 PM
I am in MOTOWN heaven watching this! Oh man what an interview......I feel like I am in Studio A. This kids are so lucky! Thank you, thank you! Love the way he breaks it down I feel like John Lester right now. Listening to the masters and the vaults.

ralpht
08-26-2014, 08:16 PM
Great post, Methusela. I can only add that Paul is one of the nicest guys I was privileged to work with those many years ago. First class talent.

Methuselah2
08-28-2014, 04:10 PM
That was awesome!! Along with people like Russ Terrana. Paul Riser has always been one of my Motown heroes. Motown was very much like OZ in my mind as a kid so I spent an amazing amount of time staring at that blue label. Always been very inquisitive so I made it my business to find out who the people were behind the names I kept seeing on the label. Paul Riser's work was/is absolutely stunning.

I feel just like you do LHO. I, too, enjoy hearing from all those who made all that great music. Riser seems like a wonderful person, with such enormous musicianship, as well. Quite a guy.

Methuselah2
08-28-2014, 05:04 PM
Great post, Methusela. I can only add that Paul is one of the nicest guys I was privileged to work with those many years ago. First class talent.

Ralph - It's great to hear that Riser is just as nice as he seems. He's the real deal, and it sounds like he has always been that. I just hope he knows how appreciated he is--he himself and his superlative work.

westgrandboulevard
09-11-2016, 08:52 AM
I believe that today, September 11th, is Paul Riser's birthday.

It's a good opportunity for an update on a older thread which I think is worth another look - particularly if anyone here today has yet to view it.

Happy Birthday, Paul! :)