PDA

View Full Version : Jean Carn [[Carpenter?????)

test

daviddesper
08-17-2014, 11:47 PM
I was listening to Pandora a few moments ago, when I heard a very sweet song playing and I thought to myself "Hmmm that is a Carpenters' song that I have never heard before," since it sounded just like Karen's voice.

So I clicked over and discovered that I was really hearing a Jean Carn song entitled "All I Really Need is You." The resemblance to Karen was astonishing, at least to my ears.

For Jean to sound so much like Karen on this song is a true testament to her talent and versatility as an artist.

manny
08-18-2014, 07:20 PM
The first time in my life I hear Jean Carn was on a PIR compilation that includes The Jacksons, Jean Carn and PIR "regulars"... I don't take attention, hearding the compilation without read the track - list and I was totally convinced that the one who sang "Free Love" was MICHAEL JACKSON [[!!)... until I looked the credits on the sleeve:p

More recently, I was playing an old tape and confused Carl Carlton with the vocalist of Simply Red [[both cases of soundalikes voices... or, perhaps, the signal that my ears are not fine...):p