PDA

View Full Version : Police shoot and kill youth in St. Louis, rioting and looting are happening

test

jillfoster
08-11-2014, 12:45 AM
http://www.ksdk.com/story/homepage/2014/08/10/rioting-breaks-out-in-ferguson/13880305/

This is a damn shame, and one hell of a mess. This is the scene tonight at the QT in Ferguson. Just glad I live in the middle of the state, and not on the east side!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5_ZrN30dDg&app=desktop

thomas96
08-11-2014, 01:56 AM
Such a shame. The FBI better look into the killing.

marv2
08-18-2014, 10:52 PM
Is this America? 50 years since "Freedom Summer" 1964 and nothing has changed!!!

soulster
08-19-2014, 12:49 AM
I have been watching CNN for a couple of hours, and this is disgusting! People are exercising their constitutional right to assemble, and the po-lice are threatening arrest and gassing the people again. I'll bet if these were White people protesting, some officials would be fired for this.

marv2
08-19-2014, 01:17 AM
I have been watching CNN for a couple of hours, and this is disgusting! People are exercising their constitutional right to assemble, and the po-lice are threatening arrest and gassing the people again. I'll bet if these were White people protesting, some officials would be fired for this.

Think............Occupy Wall Street!

soulster
08-19-2014, 10:52 AM
Think............Occupy Wall Street! The reaction wasn't so severe with Occupy Wall Street. We didn't see special tanks fresh in from Iraq, police snipers, or full combat gear.

marv2
08-19-2014, 12:38 PM
The reaction wasn't so severe with Occupy Wall Street. We didn't see special tanks fresh in from Iraq, police snipers, or full combat gear.

That is exactly my point!

MotownSteve
08-19-2014, 01:49 PM
Is this America? 50 years since "Freedom Summer" 1964 and nothing has changed!!!

This picture is frightening. He's there with his hands up and they look like they are ready to shoot him or run over him. Either way, I don't like it. From my point of view, those guys facing the camera should be arrested.

Jerry Oz
08-19-2014, 02:41 PM
"He's there with his hands up."

marv2
08-19-2014, 07:10 PM
"He's there with his hands up."

They shot another guy in Fergusen [[sp?) yesterday. They said he had a knife and was acting irrationally.

marv2
08-19-2014, 07:16 PM
This is Henry M. Davis, another victim of the Ferguson, Missouri Police he has yet another amazing story:

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2014/08/ferguson-cop-who-charged-suspect-bleeding-her-uniform-now-city-councilwoman

soulster
08-19-2014, 09:54 PM
They shot another guy in Fergusen [[sp?) yesterday. They said he had a knife and was acting irrationally.

That happened in St. Louis, but, apparently, not only does the police department apparently have more credibility, there, they released info immediately.

The only problem with that shooting is that the police could have used less-lethal means of subduing the suspect, like rubber bullets or a taser. I guess they spent all their money on military equipment. Geez! But, I would say that, in this case, it was a good shoot.

Whatever: from my observation 2000 away, I see that for Ferguson, the prosecutor needs to recuse himself from the case, or he needs to be removed from it, because he is not impartial. The police department needs to hire more officers from the community, get dash cams for the police cruisers, and for the uniforms. And, if the cops come from other areas, they need sensitivity training.

Jerry Oz
08-19-2014, 09:59 PM
It turns out that a lot of the people who are being arrested hail from places far away from Missouri, like LA and NY. The townsfolk are protesting peacefully and going home at night, for the most part. That town is ground zero for people looking to pile onto a situation to make it worse. Throwing Malatov cocktails at the police and guardsmen is going to make a great sequel to what happened at Kent State 40 years ago.

MotownSteve
08-19-2014, 11:36 PM
This is very disturbing: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/14/media-black-victims_n_5673291.html?ncid=fcbklnkushpmg00000010

marv2
08-20-2014, 12:25 AM
That happened in St. Louis, but, apparently, not only does the police department apparently have more credibility, there, they released info immediately.

The only problem with that shooting is that the police could have used less-lethal means of subduing the suspect, like rubber bullets or a taser. I guess they spent all their money on military equipment. Geez! But, I would say that, in this case, it was a good shoot.

Whatever: from my observation 2000 away, I see that for Ferguson, the prosecutor needs to recuse himself from the case, or he needs to be removed from it, because he is not impartial. The police department needs to hire more officers from the community, get dash cams for the police cruisers, and for the uniforms. And, if the cops come from other areas, they need sensitivity training.

They don't need anymore training. No more than you and I in how to treat people right! It is that damned simple! They use that "need for more training" as a "cop-out" [[pun intended) in New York to attempt to rationalize the horrific behavior of some of the NYPD towards the public!

marv2
08-20-2014, 12:27 AM
This is very disturbing: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/14/media-black-victims_n_5673291.html?ncid=fcbklnkushpmg00000010

I haven't read it yet, but from the title, I can tell that this is going to be an interesting read. Thanks Steve!

MotownSteve
08-20-2014, 07:47 AM
John Oliver on Ferguson: http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/08/18/oliver-deny-militarized-cops-their-fcking-toys-as-long-as-theyre-killing-unarmed-black-men/

marv2
09-11-2014, 11:56 PM
You have to see THIS! New Michael Brown shooting witnesses describe scene:

http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/10/us/ferguson-michael-brown-shooting-witnesses/index.html?icid=maing-grid7%7Cmaing10%7Cdl1%7Csec1_lnk3%26pLid%3D528105

144man
11-25-2014, 03:32 PM
I've just seen the reports of the rioting on the BBC. What can I say? There was an inevitability of this happening.

soulster
11-25-2014, 03:35 PM
Fuck the police!

Jerry Oz
11-25-2014, 05:29 PM
Fuck the police. Fuck the decidedly not impartial justice system. Fuck people in Ferguson who were blind enough to neglect voting and let the minority of their community seize political control. Fuck the 65% of registered voters who stayed away from the polls on election day. Fuck people who are looting and burning innocent proprietors in their community under the guise of outrage.

marv2
11-26-2014, 09:56 PM
Fuck the police. Fuck the decidedly not impartial justice system. Fuck people in Ferguson who were blind enough to neglect voting and let the minority of their community seize political control. Fuck the 65% of registered voters who stayed away from the polls on election day. Fuck people who are looting and burning innocent proprietors in their community under the guise of outrage.

Right On!!!!!!

144man
11-27-2014, 04:53 PM
Hundreds of people demonstrated peacefully outside the US embassy in London last night, then marched to Parliament Square.

soulster
11-27-2014, 05:10 PM
Good! It's spreading worldwide, and clear that, for the U.S., a holiday isn't going to slow it down.

The population is sick and tired of the abuse of power by police. THis movement is no longer just about Michael Brown, the little kid in Cincinnati, or the innocent man gunned down in Walmart, it's about racial profiling, too. The issue here is about white people being so scared of Black people that they can't tell the difference between someone who is a threat or just talking on the phone, or an adult and a child playing with a toy, thinking that a man retrieving his licence is really getting a gun, or getting the feeling that a non-human monster is trying to grab their gun or break in their house and kill them. It's about people who look at any Black youth and see thugs trying to do them harm. Oh, wait, i'm playing the race card again. Right.

Man, I gotta go! I've got a Thanksgiving dinner with family waiting for me, and i'm supposed to be relaxing.