PDA

View Full Version : Ross still a big hit with fans/ New book published.

test

supreme_lady
11-09-2010, 04:55 AM
Diana at a recent private gig in Malaysia, looking FAB.

http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2010/11/7/nation/7380790&sec=nation

I came across this really cute clip, a little girl inspired by Diana and the Supremes, singing "Stop in the name of love"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6gHkORpa9k

New Diana Ross book published

http://www.kidderminstershuttle.co.uk/leisure/8495877.Diana_Ross_book_published/

smark21
11-09-2010, 09:00 AM
This seems to be the 3rd or 4th book on Ross written by a fan that's been published [[by a vanity house) in the past few years. How many more DIY Ross worship and picture books are in the works?

marybrewster
11-09-2010, 01:51 PM
Oh brother.

topdiva1
11-11-2010, 08:47 PM
nuff said - good god.

marv2
11-11-2010, 08:48 PM
hehehehehehe........

jobeterob
11-12-2010, 12:13 AM
I have little interest in the vanity books. Even unfairly critical books are better. One of the books I enjoyed least was the Tom Ahdratus book; I can't really even remember what it said because it was just a lot of "and then she was even more wonderful and greater than before..........." "and on day 1905, when she went to the washroom, there were gold nuggets in the toilet........"

But I've heard this current book is a synopsis of the singles and the albums........more a review of the product released than a history of how great she is.

I did enjoy that Diana's Dogs book............I remember he had a section on crazed fans and talked about somebody who constantly prognosticated about what "Rossnation was feeling", "what slights Rossnation has endured" "what Rossnation thought about this and that..........

smark21
11-12-2010, 09:25 AM
RossNation as well as SupremesNation and WilsonNation are real and cannot be denied, lol!

topdiva1
11-15-2010, 06:37 PM
RossNation as well as SupremesNation and WilsonNation are real and cannot be denied, lol!

....and each one is wilder than the last one.

stephanie
11-15-2010, 06:53 PM
I dont think this is a Ross worship book. This guy writes tons of reviews on Amazon and I have seen him give Mary and Flo their just due in his reviews. I think this book is just writings and reviews of Ross films and music with and without the Supremes.

nomis
11-15-2010, 07:02 PM
Ive heard its a good book with alot of care and love put into it and it dosent focus on who stepped on an earring on Sullivan etc -its just about the music,the stage performances and tv work - it aint Motown babylon...

Constantin
01-31-2012, 02:32 PM
It's a book of reviews of all her 50+ records song by song. It's very different than the other books because it focuses only on music and not on her private life. It's kind of refreshing because after all, what's important for a singer and all we have to care about are her records and songs since we are not part of her personal life. Besides, we knew her thanks to her music. Books like Taraborelli's or Wilson's don't seem that good to me because they concentrate on gossips and not on the music. They don't even talk about all the records!

marybrewster
01-31-2012, 02:46 PM
Books like Taraborelli's or Wilson's don't seem that good to me because they concentrate on gossips and not on the music. They don't even talk about all the records!

Did you read J. Randy's last book on Diana? The last 30 or so pages focus ONLY on Diana's releases, solo and with the Supremes. It's a mini Supremes bible; the best I have ever seen. The price of the book was worth those pages alone. If you haven't, I would be sure to check it out.

carlo
01-31-2012, 02:55 PM
When is Shantel publishing her manuscript?

blueskies
01-31-2012, 03:12 PM

I think she's making an announcement at the Supremes convention in the Harriet Restaurant Parking Lot!

marv2
01-31-2012, 05:11 PM

That's what I want to know! Forget Diana Ross, Shantel's book is going to be a blockbuster!!@!

Sugarchilehoneybaby
02-01-2012, 04:08 AM
Did you read J. Randy's last book on Diana? The last 30 or so pages focus ONLY on Diana's releases, solo and with the Supremes. It's a mini Supremes bible; the best I have ever seen. The price of the book was worth those pages alone. If you haven't, I would be sure to check it out.

Totally agree with you Mary! Those last 30 or so pages are the reason I bought the book!

I really want to have an expanded version of Live At Caesars Palace after reading what Randy said about it. He claims it was originally supposed to be a double album, with several songs still in the vaults as well as a superior mix of the entire album. There are extra LSTB songs and "Being Green" was part of a big Sesame Street medley [[LOL). Oh, and the most swoon-worthy thing is that "Happy" live is sitting in the vaults too. I really really, REALLY, REALLY want "Happy". [[got that, Harry, Andy & George??) :)