PDA

View Full Version : Henry Stone Dies Aged 93

test

Hotspurman
08-08-2014, 05:53 PM
Just heard about this - sorry to hear of his passing. He was certainly a character, and there aren't too many of those left.

http://www.showbiz411.com/2014/08/08/henry-stone-93-dead-infamous-record-biz-chief-who-birthed-kc-sunshine-band/comment-page-1

soulster
08-08-2014, 07:35 PM
He sure screwed a lot of his artists out of royalties.

timmyfunk
08-09-2014, 08:30 AM
For someone with a pretty dirty reputation, Rick Finch's response to the article was really polite and gracious. Maybe his mob ties are still in the picture.

splanky
08-09-2014, 10:41 AM
Too much credit is given to the owners of most big record companies. Having the building,
housing a studio owning the property at which a thing is created doesn't guarantee participation in the creative process as the media often likes to imply. That's like crediting
a plantation owner for the guitar skills of one of his slaves...

soulster
08-09-2014, 11:36 AM
For someone with a pretty dirty reputation, Rick Finch's response to the article was really polite and gracious. Maybe his mob ties are still in the picture. You mean engineer/bassist Rick Finch, who went to prison a few years ago because he's a child predator?

motony
08-11-2014, 08:45 AM
I do know that James Brown & Bobby Byrd liked Henry Stone.I know Henry Stone with his Tone Distributors were big in promoting Motown in the early 60's.HOWEVER, I also heard about the royalty "situation" too.I have never read an in-depth interview with Betty Wright concerning TK and royalties just about the incident with George McRae when "Rock Your Baby" was hitting big.