PDA

View Full Version : Original 45's from Artists Own Collection

test

soulmanjan
08-07-2014, 02:08 PM
Hi Guys,

I was with Mr. Bo Horne the other night and we were discussing a few projects he is involved with, and that he might want a few graphics from me for [[I occasionally do a few re-touches and graphics bits for him and a few others), when the subject [[as always) of his records came up. He saw that a ridiculous8355 amount was recently paid for "I Can't Speak" and after the joking and laughter died down, he gave in that he didn't have any. Of course I pressed him about other 45's. "Oh yeah I have some others" he finally gave in. And so, he came by and dropped off a handful of vinyl with me. These are his personal reference 45's and 12"'s that he got ages ago and basically just put in a cupboard. One even is inscribed with a greeting to his mom on the sleeve as he "finally made it" so he went on to explain to her [[that somehow he got back).

Now he is up for allowing these items to find a new home with soul music fans, as he said some guys came around and offered him $100.00 for the lot [[and as he knows me and my passion for great songs) so he 'felt' that didn't sound quite sound 'right'.

They are not all rarities so mail me off list for the full list as he promised he'll sign every one [[on sleeve) and give a private number [[and e-mail) to call him so he can also send you a personally signed photo too. Anyone who has a show on radio is welcome to set up an interview with him too. He said he had some new recordings that he's gonna use the proceeds towards, to cover additional studio work he's cutting on new songs, and some that were never previously released [[I've yet to worm that info out of him).

Here is an example of what he has has:

Don't Worry About It/Music To make Love By - On Purple Dash [[Note to his mom on it)
Sweet Love Power/Down The Road Of Love - On Dig [[almost mint as he doesn't have a record player)
Hey There Jim/Don't Throw Your Love away - On Dig [[tiny bit of ring mark form sleeve and dusty but otherwise VG++ or better if I cleaned it)

He'll let them go individually or as a lot and I am sure he's gonna credit whoever buys somewhere in a dialog as good souls that helped fund new personal projects [[only if they want it of course he said). But, actually it is a way of getting the mans personal property into collectors hands before some dealer scarfed them away fro him ... he only knew of "Can't Speak" as a collectable.

Contact me off list as I'll let this notice run a few weeks and if it gets a good enough offer [[comfortable not gouging) I'll avoid eBaying it.

Thanks, SoulManJan