PDA

View Full Version : Edwin Starr releases on Amazon UK

test

johnny_raven
08-07-2014, 12:13 PM
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Soul-Master-Expanded-Edwin-Starr/dp/B00M5AJAQ8/ref=sr_1_3?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1407427715&sr=1-3&keywords=bbr

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Involved-Expanded-Version-Edwin-Starr/dp/B00M5AJASQ/ref=sr_1_4?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1407427916&sr=1-4&keywords=bbr

lakedistrictlad1
08-08-2014, 04:19 AM
Ok, i'm being really lazy here and not bothering to check for myself - but can anyone tell me if there is anything on these cd's that is not available on the previous Edwin releases from a few years ago, or other cd releases. I would be tempted to purchase of there were a few 'new to cd' tracks on these new issues.

Thanks.

roger
08-08-2014, 05:01 AM
Ok, i'm being really lazy here and not bothering to check for myself - but can anyone tell me if there is anything on these cd's that is not available on the previous Edwin releases from a few years ago, or other cd releases. I would be tempted to purchase of there were a few 'new to cd' tracks on these new issues.

Thanks.

Well, there are a whole host of "Bonus" tracks on these releases that weren't included on the toofers that came out in the U.K. in 2002 [[was it really that long ago!!) and I am tempted to order these sets.

I think most of the bonus cuts have already appeared on C.D. but I know I don't have official C.D. versions of some of the Ric-Tic recordings [[notably the instrumental versions of "OO-Soul" and "Back Street"), or "Who's Right Or Wrong" from the mid '70s.

I'm not totally sure what the differences are between the "single versions" of some of the tracks and the L.P. versions and so it will be interesting to find out [[Presumably the single version of "My Weakness Is You" is the version that was on TCMS)

Roger

masterblaster
08-08-2014, 07:46 AM

Thanks.

The bonus tracks on "Involved" includes "Love [[The Lonely Peoples [[Lords) Prayer)" which is worth getting the CD for alone. I had the single version [[B side to "Youv'e Got My Soul On Fire") and have always loved the track. I'll be buying this CD.

144man
08-08-2014, 08:11 AM
I don't think the RicTic single You're My Mellow/ My Kind of Woman has ever appeared on a vinyl album let alone on a CD.

Nothing But Soul
08-08-2014, 08:42 AM
I don't think the RicTic single You're My Mellow/ My Kind of Woman has ever appeared on a vinyl album let alone on a CD.

Both of sides of that single have appeared on bootleg CDs, but, as far as I know, never on an official CD release. "You're My Mellow" was on Ric-Tic Relics [[Vol. 1) and "My Kind of Woman" was on Ric-Tic Relics [[Vol. 2).