08-06-2014, 01:38 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p023f7s8

You need to listen an hour in. Martha is on the phone from Detroit to the UK

marv2
08-06-2014, 01:44 PM
Thank you!

westgrandboulevard
08-06-2014, 01:47 PM
Many thanks, tbfxt! Six more days to listen.

I still enjoy Martha's singing voice and seeing her on stage, but she does come over particularly well on the radio. She seems to pop up fairly regularly as a presenter.

Roberta75
08-06-2014, 02:00 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p023f7s8

You need to listen an hour in. Martha is on the phone from Detroit to the UK

Thank you theboyfromxtown this is a real great interview and real easy to find. i pull the arrow right to the hour mark and there was the music and the first lady of Motown Records Dr Martha reeves giving a real great interview. Dr Reeves is Motowns greatest spokesperson and I believe her when she say she brought a lot to the table during her time on the Detroit City Councel. Real interesting that Miss Martha thinks Liverpool was real similar to Detroit back in the day. It seems like England is in love with the late great Dr Martha Reeves. Thank you for this 17 minutes of heaven. I just adore this great lady.

Yours, with every good wish.

Roberta

theboyfromxtown
08-06-2014, 02:03 PM
It was my mum who told me about the show so all our thanks need to go to her!!!

I am glad you both enjoyed the show. I've always enjoyed listening to Martha.

Methuselah2
08-06-2014, 03:09 PM
Martha is such a charmer. She's so direct and forthright. And she's always so present--she's just right there with the interview, the questions, and what she says. Totally in the moment. She's always so wonderful to hear talk about Motown. And so relentlessly spontaneous. Asked if she ever tires of hearing her music, Martha replied "Do I ever get tired of breathing? Do I ever get tired of eating?" She's simply as real and terrific as her music has always been. Thanks so much, Tbfxt, for this great posting. What a rush!

Roberta75
08-06-2014, 03:32 PM
Martha is such a charmer. She's so direct and forthright. And she's always so present--she's just right there with the interview, the questions, and what she says. Totally in the moment. She's always so wonderful to hear talk about Motown. And so relentlessly spontaneous. Asked if she ever tires of hearing her music, Martha replied "Do I ever get tired of breathing? Do I ever get tired of eating?" She's simply as real and terrific as her music has always been. Thanks so much, Tbfxt, for this great posting. What a rush!

Dr Martha Reeves is the greatest lady to EVER come out of Motown Records and nobody and I mean nobody is as good an ambassador as Miss Martha. The woman is classy and beautiful and smart and puts on a show that is better than any former Motown star. A real class act and a great lady and a great humanitarian and a great vocalist.

Fondly,

Roberta

motony
08-06-2014, 04:03 PM
Glad you are back on the scene, Roberta. Martha has always been the greatest Ambassador Motown Records and to a lesser extent, Detroit could ever ask for.

Roberta75
08-06-2014, 05:51 PM
Glad you are back on the scene, Roberta. Martha has always been the greatest Ambassador Motown Records and to a lesser extent, Detroit could ever ask for.

Thank you dear Im glad to be back although i really miss my man in Guadalajara. I went there to spread the Lords word and the Lord send me the love of my life. Funny how things turn out. Anyway Miss reeves is indeed the greatest apmbassador Motown Records and to and Detroit could ever ask for. The lady is a divine gift from the Heavenly Father.

Roberta

smark21
08-06-2014, 08:23 PM
Roberta, sounds like you've lately been humming "My Baby Loves Me" a lot! Welcome back.

lakedistrictlad1
08-07-2014, 02:49 AM
Martha Reeves really should have her own radio show. She is such a good speaker. She really has a charm and clarity to her conversation that is a pleasure to listen to.
Come on BBC2....'Martha Reeves Dancing In The Street' - Classic 60's soul 6 part radio series. There, i've given you an idea for free...

Roberta75
08-07-2014, 08:39 AM
Roberta, sounds like you've lately been humming "My Baby Loves Me" a lot! Welcome back.

ive been more than humming dear lol. That you for the nice welcome back.

Roberta