PDA

View Full Version : Stephanie Mills "Whatcha Gonna Do With My Lovin" LP

test

funkyone71
08-05-2014, 11:02 AM
Hello soul brothers and sisters! Below is a link to my article spotlighting Stephanie Mills' classic breakthrough album "Whatcha Gonna Do With My Lovin." Hope you enjoy the read!

http://soultrain.com/2014/08/04/classic-soul-album-stephanie-mills-whatcha-gonna-lovin/

skooldem1
08-06-2014, 12:20 PM
To this day "Feel the Fire" is still my favorite Stephanie Mills song. I had the pleasure of once again seeing her in concert this summer. She still has it.

splanky
08-06-2014, 03:35 PM
Nice review one again, still I have to my favorite tracks by Steph were on later releases.
Rising Desire and her knock out delivery on I've Learned to Respect The Power Of Love
cleaned my clock. She had the chops to be in the top of the big voiced girl soul club but
sometimes the material was lacking as disco was losing steam. I always wished she'd gotten
songs with more edge to them [[read: funk) like Shannon, for instance got. Still I have some
fond memories of hearing Stephanie' s Put Your Body In It as I danced with a lady friend of mine at the time because that's what I was bent on doing:)....