PDA

View Full Version : Miller Outdoor Theatre presents "Mary Wilson and Freda Payne Sing the Legends

test

marv2
08-03-2014, 10:39 PM
http://houston.culturemap.com/eventdetail/miller-outdoor-theatre-presents-mary-wilson-and-fr/

Two legendary superstars join together for a tour-de-force evening of music that pays tribute to Lena Horne and Ella Fitzgerald. The memorable concert includes classics like "Mr. Paganini," "Mack the Knife," "Someone To Watch Over Me," "The Lady Is a Tramp," "They Can't Take that Away from Me," "Stormy Weather," "Honeysuckle Rose" and many more.

This is a ticketed event for the covered seating area. Free tickets are available [[four per person over age 16, while they last) at the Miller Outdoor Theatre box office the day of the performance between 10:30 a.m.-1 p.m. If tickets remain at 1 p.m., the box office will re-open one hour before show time to distribute the remaining tickets. Open seating on the hill is always available

Date - Add To My Calendar
Saturday, Sept. 6th, 2014 at 8 p.m.

6000 Hermann Park Drive
Houston, TX 77030

Website
milleroutdoortheatre...

Phone
281-373-3386

supremester
08-04-2014, 12:49 AM
I wish I could be there - I haven't seen Mary's show and Freda is an AMAZING vocalist with great range and depth.

detmotownguy
08-04-2014, 09:41 AM
Thanks for the reminder Marv. The problem is that the temps here are still horrible in Sept! I also will prob be out of town. The last time I saw Mary here was with the Symphony a 3-4 yrs ago. She really tore into My World is Empty - a powerful vocal. Another highlight was I am Changing. Nathan Jones was was right on target so much is was surreal. Love Child was done very sloulful.

luke
08-04-2014, 11:40 AM
Great combo. Have they performed together like this before? Thx Marv.

detmotownguy
08-04-2014, 02:08 PM
Imagine adding Kim Westin to this!

marv2
08-04-2014, 02:15 PM
Imagine adding Kim Westin to this!
That would only add to an already excellent show! I would imagine how great it would be if they added either Dennis Edwards or Al Green singing standards in between Mary's and Freda's sets!