PDA

View Full Version : Bettye LaVette cusses out arguing audience members

test

imnokid
07-26-2014, 06:02 PM
During her show at the Jazz Cafe, some audience members were arguing loudly during an intimate song. Bettye does what most other performers only WISH they had the balls to do. lol She DOES wait until the solo...

Thanx to Bryan James for the video.

http://youtu.be/rBLKUnOnzLU

Soul Sister
07-26-2014, 06:19 PM
"Like A Rock....." YES!

LOOOOL............You Go, Bettye!!!
I don't blame you, they got what they deserved. :D

Great show.

S.S.

mark speck
07-26-2014, 07:15 PM
I would expect nothing less from Bettye! Had it happened at one of the shows of hers that I went to, I might've told 'em off as well.

Best,

Mark

marv2
07-26-2014, 08:23 PM
You go Bettye! That's my Miss Bettye! LOL!!!

destruction
07-26-2014, 10:04 PM
I've been tried
And I've been tested
I was born tired
And I never got rested
Harder than Marble stone
I'm better off Better off left alone

Cause I'm not the one........

juicefree20
07-27-2014, 06:51 AM
Absolutely LOVE Ms. Bettye & have no problem with the way that she handled the situation.

Sometimes, you just need to say what you need to say & needless to say, she said it :)

westgrandboulevard
07-27-2014, 07:01 AM
Mobile phones constantly and loudly going off in different tones, and people standing around just taking 'selfies' would certainly threaten to yank my chain if I had a mike in my hand....

It must feel like cooking the most beautiful food for people you care about, and then someone prevents them coming even close to the table...

splanky
07-27-2014, 10:28 AM
Betty should revisit James Brown's work and record a paraphrase...Mama Don't Take No Mess...

imnokid
07-27-2014, 03:40 PM
Hey Westgrand, what you mention is indeed distracting, but if you listen closely, you can HEAR the argument. I heard that 2 guys were almost about to get in a fight, it cooled down, and then one of the girlfriends told her boyfriend don't take that shit or something and then it got REAL loud.

westgrandboulevard
07-27-2014, 04:08 PM
Absolutely agreed, imnokid. I can definitely hear the argument. Although I just mentioned the mobile phones and selfies simply as examples which can further distract an artist, an audible argument in front of a live performer is the worst of bad behaviour.

I'm disappointed that it happened during an appearance here in the UK, but also admire the decisive way Bettye dealt with it. Hope she will be back among us all, soon!

daddyacey
07-28-2014, 02:55 PM
Just like Ms. Badu said in the intro to TYRONE , "Keep in mind that I'm an artist and I'm sensitive about my shit".
In this digital age a lot of people dont see past a recording or video ,to really get into a live show with a real band and respect the art aspect of the music.