PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming Motown Releases

test

longtimefan
07-23-2014, 08:55 PM
The release of the Diana Ross CDs has caused me to wonder if any of the labels that have been licensed to release classic Motown artists [[Ace, etc.) have announced any upcoming products.

I know that Ace recently came out with a CD by The Contours. Is there anything else in the pipeline from this or other music companies? Thanks!

daviddesper
07-23-2014, 11:45 PM
I don't have any information to impart and this is not Motown per se, but what has become of the promised Martha Reeves' Arista album? I am looking forward to that one. But please...Let's have some Motown news too!!!!

Roger Polhill
07-23-2014, 11:59 PM
Isn`t there a expanded "Supremes A` Go-Go" in production?

Lulu
07-24-2014, 12:49 AM
I don't have any information to impart and this is not Motown per se, but what has become of the promised Martha Reeves' Arista album? I am looking forward to that one. But please...Let's have some Motown news too!!!!

The Martha Reeves album is still in the pipeline at FunkyTownGrooves along with the 3 Dionne Arista albums.

longtimefan
07-24-2014, 04:05 PM
Thanks, Lulu ... I forgot that one.

Good catch ... and Martha is always "Motown" in our minds! :-)

daviddesper
07-24-2014, 11:17 PM
Which Dionne albums? Hadn't heard about those. Haven't all her Arista albums already been released and re-released on multiple occasions?

reese
07-25-2014, 07:13 AM
Which Dionne albums? Hadn't heard about those. Haven't all her Arista albums already been released and re-released on multiple occasions?

According to the Funkytowngrooves Facebook page, they will release:

Dionne Warwick [[Finder Of Lost Loves) 1985 2 CD Deluxe Edition
Dionne Warwick [[No Night So Long) Unreleased Gems 2 CD Deluxe Version
Dionne Warwick [[How Many Times Can We Say Goodbye) 1983 Expanded Edition

Release dates TBA

Ngroove
07-25-2014, 09:59 AM
Am pretty content as it is with what is out there [[4 Japanese Import Motown-Universal CDs down, 96 more to go!), but, what else of Motown is coming, than the Big Break Records, which I plan on at least High Inergy and Lenny Williams, all the same?

Personally, just a sliver of my requests, album reissues only:

- More Junior Walker & the All-Stars
- More Martha Reeves & the Vandellas
- More Marvelettes, individualized rather than just the "Forever" sets, one of them is overpriced.
- Some early 70s Supremes, individualized rather than just the "This Is The Story" set, that is WAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY overpriced.
- Edwin Starr "Soul Master"

Nothing But Soul
07-25-2014, 10:17 AM
Am pretty content as it is with what is out there [[4 Japanese Import Motown-Universal CDs down, 96 more to go!), but, what else of Motown is coming, than the Big Break Records, which I plan on at least High Inergy and Lenny Williams, all the same?

Personally, just a sliver of my requests, album reissues only:

- More Junior Walker & the All-Stars
- More Martha Reeves & the Vandellas
- More Marvelettes, individualized rather than just the "Forever" sets, one of them is overpriced.
- Some early 70s Supremes, individualized rather than just the "This Is The Story" set, that is WAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY overpriced.
- Edwin Starr "Soul Master"

It appears that one of your requests will be granted in September by the UK label BBR [[Big Break Records). A greatly expanded release of "Soul Master" is scheduled for September 8.

http://www.cherryred.co.uk/bigbreak-exd.asp?id=4788

carole cucumber
07-25-2014, 10:33 AM
It appears that one of your requests will be granted in September by the UK label BBR [[Big Break Records). A greatly expanded release of "Soul Master" is scheduled for September 8.

and also:

http://www.cherryred.co.uk/bigbreak-exd.asp?id=4789

RossHolloway
07-25-2014, 11:09 AM
That is great news about Edwin Starr, I'm looking forward to these releases.

carole cucumber
07-25-2014, 11:10 AM
2 Willie Hutch [[post-Motown) Whitfield Records are being given a cd issue by Real Gone on September2

http://www.realgonemusic.com/

kenneth
07-25-2014, 11:13 AM
Real Gone and Cherry Red are both great labels. Their reissues are very high quality. They release a lot of complete single sets on 60s artists. I believe the owner of Real Gone Music used to run Collector's Choice, the great mail order site which also produces its own reissues.

Will love to hear the Edwin Starr and Willie Hutch sets! Great news!

Ngroove
07-25-2014, 11:19 AM

AWESOMESAUCE! Thanks for the quick reply - but September 8? Almost "AWWWW NUTS!", but between then, I'll probably be busyin' fillin' up on some CD digitalized 60s Marvin Gaye, Martha Reeves & the Vandellas, Chuck Jackson, and Hearts of Stone. Good days, at least on the online markets, to be a Motown maniac!

daviddesper
07-25-2014, 11:46 PM
Great news about the Dionne sets!