PDA

View Full Version : My Story - Liz Lands

test

theboyfromxtown
07-21-2014, 04:45 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1Po2MCMZ7s

Sorry if this has already been posted - not seen it myself until today.

midnight johnny
07-21-2014, 06:53 PM
Well, John.....what a great find! Liz in her own words. She takes no prisoners! And didn't she make absolute mincemeat out of Ian Levine. Thanks for this post! John

marybrewster
07-21-2014, 07:08 PM
Amazing to watch; I've always wanted to learn more about this "mystery" Motown artists. Thanks for sharing.

Now, with all due respect, is Miss Liz a bit into the bottle?

midnight johnny
07-21-2014, 07:29 PM
Here's where the rumors start.....

caliluv
07-22-2014, 12:17 AM
Can't wait to see the whole video. I love Liz Lands voice. I really like her work with Hamilton Bohannon. Glad to see this interview pop up since there was so little written about here. Thanks for the post.

Methuselah2
07-22-2014, 01:45 AM
Many thanks, Tbfxt, for unearthing this video. Fascinating from start to finish. Afterwards, it sent me straight to YouTube for more of Liz's music. She had a truly remarkable voice.

marv2
07-22-2014, 02:14 AM
Very interesting interview by Liz Lands. This is more than I ever knew about her and am thankful that she at least got the chance to tell part of her story before she passed.

splanky
07-22-2014, 09:00 AM
Good Lord!...I am so gonna have to make time to watch this when I'm at home this week...

marybrewster
07-22-2014, 11:54 AM
Here's where the rumors start.....

mj-

I wasn't trying to start a rumor; just asking a legit question. Anyone watching it can tell there is something clearly amiss with Ms. Lands. Perhaps it's something medical. I thought I would just ask what others might be thinking; if I offended you, I apologize.

144man
07-22-2014, 09:31 PM
Well, John.....what a great find! Liz in her own words. She takes no prisoners! And didn't she make absolute mincemeat out of Ian Levine. Thanks for this post! John

Most Motorcity records sold so poorly I doubt there would have been any royalties due to her.

midnight johnny
07-23-2014, 06:03 PM
mj-

I wasn't trying to start a rumor; just asking a legit question. Anyone watching it can tell there is something clearly amiss with Ms. Lands. Perhaps it's something medical. I thought I would just ask what others might be thinking; if I offended you, I apologize. No, MB, I wasn't offended per se, but I just have a hard time when something is suggested that can cast a certain negative light on someone that can't possibly be proven. That IS how rumors start. I just think, especially with what happens on the Supremes threads that run amok, that we should be careful with peoples reputations. Just my thought. I've worked in psychiatry for years, and I've seen people branded with certain diagnoses based on behaviors they exhibited, and after more thorough investigation, those diagnoses were incorrect...yet the "brand" lingered...quite erroneously...and unfairly.

thanxal
07-23-2014, 06:11 PM
Amen Johnny! There are a myriad number of reasons that Ms. Lands may have a noticeable speech issue. She could be suffering from a lack of dental care, have been in a car accident, or have any other number of degenerative disease issues. We should not jump to conclusions. I agree that most Supremes threads are unbearable for this reason and that is a real shame, as I have learned a lot in my short time here.

I found her story completely fascinating. The next time I go to my favorite record store [[yes, record, not CD) I will look her up to see if I can find anything. That video was compelling and wonderful.

P.S. I'm still listening every week but have stopped posting due to the aforementioned nastiness on this board.

Clarification: This is not directed at marybrewster. Please don't take offense.

midnight johnny
07-23-2014, 06:18 PM
Brent....absolutely! And Liz was compelling, as you said. Glad you're still listening...check your message box here...I want to mention something! Thanks! John

marybrewster
07-24-2014, 09:35 AM
No, MB, I wasn't offended per se, but I just have a hard time when something is suggested that can cast a certain negative light on someone that can't possibly be proven. That IS how rumors start. I just think, especially with what happens on the Supremes threads that run amok, that we should be careful with peoples reputations. Just my thought. I've worked in psychiatry for years, and I've seen people branded with certain diagnoses based on behaviors they exhibited, and after more thorough investigation, those diagnoses were incorrect...yet the "brand" lingered...quite erroneously...and unfairly.

I clearly understand your point and shouldn't have been so quick to judge. I offer my apologies to those I might have offended. It was not my intention to tarnish the name or the reputation of Ms. Lands.

blueskies
07-24-2014, 09:40 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvunNyvUmKM

Love the song......the hair-do....not so much.

splanky
08-02-2014, 09:19 AM
I enjoyed the video a lot; great to hear her side of things though I do think she exaggerated
her vocal range a bit. Six octaves? Neither Ella or Sarah could have claimed that...Anyway,
she sure ripped Ian Levine a new one, didn't she?...Love you, Liz:)...I was kinda doing house
work as I listened to this so maybe I missed it but I was hoping there'd be some mention of
her time with Hamilton Bohanon....