PDA

View Full Version : Say hello to Michael Campbell Champion

test

ralpht
07-12-2014, 02:01 PM
I knew him as Mike Campbell. The name Champion came along when Mike successfully moved from music to acting. Mike was very active in the Detroit music scene as a writer, singer and musician. He, along with Ray Monette contributed four very good songs to the Stoney and Meatloaf album I produced with brother Russ and Mike Valvano. In fact it is Mike, once again, wailing on the harp on "Lady be Mine", written by Mike and Ray.

Post your questions to Mike. He will be looking in and will respond.

Welcome to the forum Mike. I'm thrilled to have you here. We had some times many years back.

144man
07-12-2014, 03:28 PM
Welcome Mr Campbell.

Did you know that your single, Roxanne [[You Sure Got A Fine Design)/ Roll It Over, was released in the UK, but on the Rare Earth label - not Motown?

I believe there's a tale about your appearance at a high-profile Motown wedding which you might care to share with us:)

stephanie
07-12-2014, 03:40 PM
Mr Campbell [[we have the same last name by the way) My name is Stephanie Campbell. I read that you became an actor are you still doing that?

ralpht
07-12-2014, 05:38 PM
If I remember correctly, there is a better story on how you got out of your Motown contract, Mike.

smooth
07-12-2014, 06:16 PM
Welcome to Soulful Detroit... Mr Michael Campbell Champion

You have chosen a great place for music interaction!

We would love to hear some of your Motown and Acting Stories.

Abraham Smooth Wilson

marv2
07-14-2014, 02:44 PM
Hello Michael, welcome and look forward to chatting with you.

ralpht
07-14-2014, 06:17 PM
I'm still waiting on Mike. He should post shortly.

nysister
07-16-2014, 11:29 AM
Welcome Michael, I look forward to your posts.

ralpht
07-17-2014, 01:51 PM
I just heard from Mike and he is having password problems. I hope to get him here soon.

Michael Campbell Champion
07-17-2014, 02:16 PM
finally got on cant type real fast Hello and God bless. Yes it is me on harmonica on Ball of Confusion so dont be confused i was there. Mr. wonder did not play blues harp he only played chromatic. I was frustrated when i did the session cause it was a bad key for harp but Norman Whitfield liked it.

soulwally
07-17-2014, 05:46 PM
Hi Mike... and welcome, from across the Atlantic. Could you give us a selection of some of the other Motown tracks you've played on?

splanky
07-26-2014, 09:05 AM
finally got on cant type real fast Hello and God bless. Yes it is me on harmonica on Ball of Confusion so dont be confused i was there. Mr. wonder did not play blues harp he only played chromatic. I was frustrated when i did the session cause it was a bad key for harp but Norman Whitfield liked it.

What kind of harmonica were you playing if I may ask and also what key was the song in?...

ralpht
07-26-2014, 10:42 AM
Splank,
Mike seems to have disappeared on us. He may be busy. But I would hazard a guess that Mike was using a Hoener [[sp?) Blues Harp.