test

jobeterob
11-06-2010, 02:00 PM
TOP STORY

Michael Jackson in Columbia Pictures' 'Michael Jackson's This Is It'

Songs on new album are fake, says Jackson's mom

06/11/2010 12:59:04 PM

CTV.ca News Staff
In death as in life, controversy is courting Michael Jackson.

The King of Pop's estate and Sony Music said this week they would be releasing a posthumous album by Jackson on Dec. 14. In an interview with Oprah Winfrey days after the announcement, Jackson's mother Katherine reportedly complained that the album includes fraudulent songs.

Katherine Jackson said to Oprah in the interview, which has yet to air, that "she believes some of the tracks on the album are fake," according to Diane Dimond, an investigative reporter and author of "Be Careful Who You Love: Inside the Michael Jackson Case."

Several of the unreleased songs are believed to have been recorded in 2007 while Jackson was staying in New Jersey with the Cascio family, whom Jackson was close with. Members of that family worked in talent management, sound recording and mixing, Dimond said.

"Mrs. Jackson says the Cascios have added some things and given Sony corporation false tracks," Dimond told CTV News Channel.

"I don't know why they would do that. It would only take away from the value of it," she added. "I think it stems more from Katherine Jackson's jealousy that her son spent so much time with this family rather than his own family."

Jackson's daughter Paris and son Prince also reportedly do not believe the voice on some of the songs is of their late father, according to gossip website TMZ.com.

The singer's estate has responded by saying that sound experts analyzed the voice recordings in question and verified their authenticity.

The posthumous album is simply titled "Michael." The album's cover art depicts Jackson at different stages of his career, with a central image of the singer being crowned by angels, and a star shining brightly in the night sky behind him.

"Breaking News," the first track from the album, is due to be released on Monday. A 42-second teaser of the track has also been posted online. It will be screened on Jackson's website next week, according to a press release.

"The creative process never stopped for the King of Pop who was always planning for his next album," Sony Entertainment said in the release. "Unbeknownst to many fans around the world Michael Jackson was writing and recording songs continuously everywhere from a friend's home in New Jersey to studios in Las Vegas and Los Angeles with a small group of handpicked collaborators."

The album will feature "songs he most recently created along with tracks that Michael had a desire to bring to fruition," the release said.

Jackson's death in June 2009 has revived interest in his work. Last year, the film "This Is It" was released using rehearsal footage of Jackson preparing for concerts that were to be held in London. Due to his death at age 50, however, the concerts were never held.

Because of the way Jackson's estate has been set up, Dimond said sales of the new album could eventually fuel the fight over custody his three children.

"The will left the money to the three children and Katherine Jackson, deliberately. No money to the father. No money to the brothers. His sisters didn't need the money," Dimond said. "So when Katherine Jackson passes away -- she is 80 years old -- where will her portion of the money go? It will go back to the children."

"I hope she doesn't pass away for many years," she said. "There will be one big family fight over who gets the kids because where the kids go the money goes."

midnightman
11-06-2010, 04:14 PM
How would she or the family even know that? I'm calling b.s. on their "fake" statements. I know of fakes but I doubt there's any on that album.

arrr&bee
11-06-2010, 05:44 PM
Remember something folks,it's not that money is the root of evil..it's the love of money.

nomis
11-06-2010, 08:43 PM
Its no secret the Jackson estate has fallen out with several MJ producers over this material..the question is why? surely Katherine knows they want to deliver the best possible productions of these tracks but katherine has a bit of a suspicous nature..she dosent like "outsiders" calling the shots on what she considers to be family decisions..she dosent trust people easily and to some degree thats understandable with what happened to her beloved son..but The Jacksons are known to make poor buisness decisions..they donot have good management skills..Michael and Janet are the exceptions..

jobeterob
11-06-2010, 10:26 PM
Evan Ross apparently has some Michael associated CD coming out.

The writer of that article needs some training.

Katherine Jackson has been left money. She can now leave it to whomever she wishes - Ralph, me, Copley, or Midnight Johnny. Or Universal Motown, God Forbid. The money is not going to revert to anyone.

And if she passes away, she can leave guardianship of Michael's children, if they are still minors, to whomever she wishes - me, Diana Ross, Jermaine or Berry Gordy. And it will be no to all of those.

I agree with Midnightman. Does anyone really think Whitney Houston sang every note on her last album? Does anyone think Britney Spears ever sang all the notes on any of her albums? Well, we used to think Mary and Flo sang on Supremes songs too.

soulster
11-06-2010, 11:07 PM
Katherine Jackson has been left money. She can now leave it to whomever she wishes - Ralph, me, Copley, or Midnight Johnny. Or Universal Motown, God Forbid. The money is not going to revert to anyone.

And if she passes away, she can leave guardianship of Michael's children, if they are still minors, to whomever she wishes - me, Diana Ross, Jermaine or Berry Gordy. And it will be no to all of those.

You can have the kids. I'll take the money.

jobeterob
11-07-2010, 12:02 AM
I'll look after them for a day or two! Then we switch! After that, we'll give em over to Ms. M. and Ralph.

daddyacey
11-07-2010, 01:40 AM
O.K. , here we go yall. The high speed fan has been turned on and here's plenty of folks lined up that will make money on these recordings [[ SONY ,The Estate ), or have some sort of legal interest in them , ready to throw thier shxx into the fan.

I'm saying ,as I expected, the shixx is about to hit the fan ,and of course considering that this is M.J. ,you would be in deep denial to not expect some outlandish issues to come out.
Mrs Jackson claims the recordings are fake and even his kids say that that's not Daddy's voice on some of them.
Mrs Jackson @ 80 and having had the expirerience with the industry over the years ,and the effect that it has had on her and HER CHILDREN AND FAMILY ,has the full right to feel and express her concerns ,which are valid issues. That's his Momma ,and in African American culture ,no matter how high in the "social ladder/ stardom world" your family gets , when It comes to your or anybodies Momma ,you respond to whatever she says as,"Yes M'am" , ........regardless of what your opinion is.
As for the kid's ,they should be given the respect of the fact that they are qualified to say what is in fact thier fathers voice, and what is not. Even more so than the masses like myself ,who have heard his voice from many years before they were born. No matter what ,where or how, that's their father. They may have heard many things that Michael would have worked on.
I have a child and she was always exposed to Daddy's music at one time or another. To his day at 23 yrs old she knows songs from the 50's thru 80's , from me , Daddys music. The joy of having children is the having of them around you. I can't believe that those kids weren't around Michael when he was playing or working on music at home.
So that's a valid point to think of.

Regardless ,[[or in 2010 talk) ,Whatever!!!!! ,all involved will make money.

"The album will feature "songs he most recently created along with tracks that Michael had a desire to bring to fruition," the release said"

"The creative process never stopped for the King of Pop who was always planning for his next album," Sony Entertainment said in the release. "Unbeknownst to many fans around the world Michael Jackson was writing and recording songs continuously everywhere from a friend's home in New Jersey to studios in Las Vegas and Los Angeles with a small group of handpicked collaborators."

That sounds like folks that didn't make any money on the projects that Michael made to keep up with "trends".
What about the Quincy ,T. Riley and Dark Child outtakes?????

SPLAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

'

midnightman
11-07-2010, 04:13 PM
I look at it like this, the Jacksons want money. If they were seeking justice for Michael on those recordings not being authentic, you think they sue the label for fraud but as far as the producers who worked on the album, that's Michael's authentic vocals. Mrs. Jackson is pushed into a corner to support her conniving husband and some of her lazy ass children [[yes I'm calling the Jackson 5 members out on this, ones who should've been working on their own careers rather than beg Mommy and Daddy Dearest - because as far as I'm concerned Joe Jackson is the male Joan Crawford) or be pit against the family. Their way of handling situations have been ridiculous since the Jackson 5 left Indiana to become Motown stars.

jobeterob
11-07-2010, 09:15 PM
It's a fairly wrecked family, isn't it!

nomis
11-07-2010, 10:59 PM
...The curse of the success of Thriller..which led to The Victory Tour ticket scam scandal..Up to then the family didnt garner any bad press..Joes abuse was a well kept secret...then J Randy and LaToya went into print and the family was never seen in much of a good light again...

midnightman
11-08-2010, 01:36 AM
Yeah they are.

But you know they may have a point about some of the songs not being Michael's, check this out:

http://breakingnews.michaeljackson.com/

Now Michael has one of the most distinctive vocals ever and to me, I don't know, but they sound phony. Like Jason Malachi sung it or something... either that or his voice is distorted.

----
You're right by the way nomis about the curse of Thriller. That truly sent them on a downfall.

carlo
11-08-2010, 09:23 AM
Do not be fooled! As a long-time MJ fan, upon the very first listen, I knew that this "Breaking News" track is FAKE. It sounds like Jason Malachi [[the imposter)!

Everybody is trying to cash in on Michael Jackson's death. We got his family fighting [["new long lost" children and relatives, lol), this new FAKE MJ album, video games, etc. Let the man rest in peace. I will continue to enjoy his music and history from the past. But this entire circus going on right now that you see...I don't think he would have wanted it this way. As a long-time fan, I do not support this craziness.

Even if it's him singing on the album [[which I doubt...I think they had Malachi complete the parts that needed completing), this album was UNRELEASED and UNFINISHED. Michael was very much in control of his music and had to have everything up to a certain standard. This album is not up to those standards and I believe if he had a say in all of this, he would not want it released. I will not be supporting the new/fake album, nor any of this Cirque du Soeliel crap, the video games, etc. I will enjoy Michael Jackson...the person...his history...his music...before he passed. All of the stuff going on right now is total BS! None of these people cared about him when he was alive. SHAME.

arrr&bee
11-08-2010, 01:05 PM
Hey this just in...it's been reported that the sun is not the real sun but a fake one and if you stare at it you will see a hundred watt light bulb...stay tuned!!!

midnightman
11-08-2010, 09:17 PM
Do not be fooled! As a long-time MJ fan, upon the very first listen, I knew that this "Breaking News" track is FAKE. It sounds like Jason Malachi [[the imposter)!

Everybody is trying to cash in on Michael Jackson's death. We got his family fighting [["new long lost" children and relatives, lol), this new FAKE MJ album, video games, etc. Let the man rest in peace. I will continue to enjoy his music and history from the past. But this entire circus going on right now that you see...I don't think he would have wanted it this way. As a long-time fan, I do not support this craziness.

Even if it's him singing on the album [[which I doubt...I think they had Malachi complete the parts that needed completing), this album was UNRELEASED and UNFINISHED. Michael was very much in control of his music and had to have everything up to a certain standard. This album is not up to those standards and I believe if he had a say in all of this, he would not want it released. I will not be supporting the new/fake album, nor any of this Cirque du Soeliel crap, the video games, etc. I will enjoy Michael Jackson...the person...his history...his music...before he passed. All of the stuff going on right now is total BS! None of these people cared about him when he was alive. SHAME.

Exactly! Exactly!

soulster
11-10-2010, 01:13 PM
Listen guys, there's a bigger picture I don't think you are seeing here:

The family is still really pissed about Michael's estate being controlled by non-family members. They do not want this release, or anything else put together by the lawyers or Sony, to succeed without their input or control. So, perhaps they think that if they can hurt the sales, they have a shot in court to gain control of his estate.

carlo
11-10-2010, 01:45 PM
Wasn't it Michael's estate who originally sold the rights to his unreleased catalog to SONY for hundreds of millions? I thought I remember reading that. This is why I don't get the argument that his family are trying to hurt sales. I don't see what they possibly have to gain from this. I don't doubt that their claims are true.

To release an album under an artist's name that is not truly a reflection of the artist themselves [[because the music was completed by other producers and possibly session singers after his death) is not right in my view. It's disrespectful to his legacy. The lead track that was leaked is really inferior IMO. This is NOT a REAL Michael Jackson album. Just because his name is on it [[and maybe even some of his voice is on it), means nothing to me. If he had a chance to hear this remixed/completed album, I don't think he would have wanted it released.

soulster
11-10-2010, 02:02 PM
Wasn't it Michael's estate who originally sold the rights to his unreleased catalog to SONY for hundreds of millions? I thought I remember reading that. This is why I don't get the argument that his family are trying to hurt sales. I don't see what they possibly have to gain from this. I don't doubt that their claims are true.

What does logic have to do with it? You're dealing with wealthy people who want control over a family member's estate.

To release an album under an artist's name that is not truly a reflection of the artist themselves [[because the music was completed by other producers and possibly session singers after his death) is not right in my view.

This has not been confirmed.

It's disrespectful to his legacy. The lead track that was leaked is really inferior IMO. This is NOT a REAL Michael Jackson album. Just because his name is on it [[and maybe even some of his voice is on it), means nothing to me. If he had a chance to hear this remixed/completed album, I don't think he would have wanted it released.

And, you're telling me that the family wouldn't have done the same thing? It's all about money!

jobeterob
11-10-2010, 02:43 PM
I noticed that Andy Skurow posted on his Facebook page that despite claims otherwise, this is Michael Jackson.

The need for money will motivate the more unsavoury members of the Jackson family to do whatever is necessary to benefit themselves ~ they will talk to anyone if they can make money, they will connect themselves to Michael, they will do what they think will endear themselves to Katherine ~ because she has the keys to the kingdom now.

soulster
11-10-2010, 03:00 PM
I noticed that Andy Skurow posted on his Facebook page that despite claims otherwise, this is Michael Jackson.

The need for money will motivate the more unsavoury members of the Jackson family to do whatever is necessary to benefit themselves ~ they will talk to anyone if they can make money, they will connect themselves to Michael, they will do what they think will endear themselves to Katherine ~ because she has the keys to the kingdom now.

Kathrine has the kids, not the keys.

jobeterob
11-10-2010, 03:32 PM
Hey Soul...........I was being bad there: I think she does have the keys because did she not inherit a bunch of the estate? If so, they'll all kiss up to her so she leaves them some of her share. They'll be pissed if she leaves it all to Michael's kids; and she might. Also..........for religious purposes, I believe Katherine may feel that she too has "the keys to the kingdom".

midnightman
11-10-2010, 03:49 PM
While it MAY be true the Jacksons want money out of this, I had listened to a lot of Michael's demos and his recordings from the final years of his life, I think someone chopped this song up. Parts you may think is Michael, then other parts it sound like someone else.

I heard snippets and Michael didn't sound like what he's supposedly sounding like in this one.

Not that I'm for the family or anything [[because I'm not), I'm just doing my own investigating lol

midnightman
11-10-2010, 03:51 PM
Plus those whoops you hear were sampled vocals from past recordings by Michael. I think the song was photoshopped to death because the original song wasn't even finished. The person singing on the bridge near the end is definitely not Michael. Michael is on it but it's like he's being featured on "his own single".

midnightman
11-10-2010, 03:56 PM
As much as I wanna believe it could be him all the way, I don't think it is and it's kinda sad. The lyrics are just poor and the music, eh... there's two other tracks that feature the same type of vocals. You could hear it in snippets somewhere.

Also I find it odd that Epic/Sony has yet released a track listing of the album. It's November 10 and the album is supposed to be out by December 14.

midnightman
11-10-2010, 04:07 PM
And also the excuses some give as to think it's him are real funny:

Teddy Riley, who claims the voice on "Breaking News" is all Michael, said John McClain is the one making claims that Michael's voice is not on the track to sabotage Teddy's name but Teddy's all "but I'm doing this for Michael's legacy" and he felt John brought someone in to erase whatever he contributed or whatever. Though he steadfastly claimed Michael is on the track. [[Red flag)

Then Roger Friedman said that a reason the track sounded off was because "it was uploaded wrong". [[Another red flag)

Then another tabloid site claimed that an insider said that Michael was "afraid of the tracks leaking" so he sung it to his phone and left it as voice mail. [[BIG red flag)

Plus there's this song called "All I Need", it's supposedly Michael's but further investigation shows another man recorded it. His name is Jason Malachi and he's often been called out on releasing songs as Michael's songs when they weren't. [[HUGE red flag)

Plus another mystery is how did Michael, who started his recording career in Gary and Chicago, and then moved to Motown and elsewhere and recorded his legendary material at the famed Westlake Studios and recorded "Whatever Happens" from Invincible at Marvin Gaye's old studio, went from that to a HOME IN NEW JERSEY by a family called the Cascios, who as far as I know, haven't been known for their reputation in music. They're just friends of Michael's. Taryll Jackson [[Tito's son) claimed that he tried to find out about who leaked the tracks, they said the computer broke and the files were "lost".

Also none of the songs Michael worked with the Cascios [[Breaking News included) were registered in any copyright, they were put in a song folder.

Teddy said that he was just giving the songs to finish and he almost didn't focus because he was still emotionally upset over Michael's death then he says in the same breath he knows it's him but he throws that in there.

There's more to this than the Jacksons wanting money. I believe that now.

And the only thing that makes Sony believe the tracks are Michael's because of experts who "worked with Michael 20 years ago". Like how would they know if they didn't spend time with the man for two decades after first working with him? You see what I'm saying.

Yeah some claim there's no proof he didn't sing the song but there's no proof that he sung all of it. Obviously Breaking News is a dummy track.

soulster
11-10-2010, 04:10 PM
Perhaps autotune was used?

I kind of don't even care at this point. I have all the stuff he released when he was alive.

midnightman
11-10-2010, 04:14 PM
^ I heard the acapella, I don't know if it was all autotuned but some parts make you think it did. Anyway here's what Michael's nephew Taryll said Monday on his Twitter page:

On Monday 8th November 2010, @Taryll said:

I am shocked that things have gotten this far. This is ridiculous. I was at the studio when these questionable files were delivered. I heard these "so-called" Michael Jackson songs raw and without the distraction of the well produced music by Teddy Riley. How they constructed these songs is very sneaky and sly. many people who have worked on this project either have strong doubts and questions while others KNOW the truth yet decided to turn and look the other way with their hands out for $$$. I will NEVER look the other way. Right is Right, Truth is Truth, Facts are Facts and it will all come out!!! I tried so hard to prevent this craziness, but they wouldn't listen. I KNOW my Uncle's voice and something's seriously wrong when you have immediate FAMILY saying it's not him. Don't you have to wonder why? I have strong, undeniable points. They can't give me answers, yet continue to move forward with lies and deception. Sounding like Michael Jackson and BEING Michael Jackson are two different things.

"if you know it's a lie then you will swear it, If you give it with guilt then you will bear it, If it's taking a chance then you will dare it… you would do anything for money"

jobeterob
11-10-2010, 11:30 PM
Seems to be highly controversial. I only heard a bit. And I don't care too much either. But I guess controversy will mean money!

daddyacey
11-11-2010, 02:10 AM
Well ,it just seems that I'm reminded of when Michael made those statements about Tommy Motolla and Sony,[[Ya'll know the ones I mean), and his lyrics to that nasty track, "MONEY". And.....behind the ideas that produced "THRILLER" ,I think a whole lot of people are gonna be due a royal ass kicking HAUNTING ,in one way or another from Michael.
Saint Michael ,for which all Michael's of the world are named after , is the Arch Angel ,who guards the gates of heaven.
Hee ,Hee ,Hee................

midnightman
11-11-2010, 02:25 AM
I heard Michael's estate is gonna make some announcement tomorrow, it could be related to the track [[and the entire album).