PDA

View Full Version : 15 AMERICAN STYLE ICONS AND HOW TO DRESS LIKE THEM - Diana On The List, Of Course!

test

Lulu
07-03-2014, 01:44 PM
Also nice to see Josephine Baker!

http://fashionista.com/2014/07/american-style-icons

jobeterob
07-03-2014, 08:24 PM
This is another of the reasons that I don't think there can be much complaint about the recognition of Diana Ross ~ she is constantly top of the list and top of the mind for many matters beyond music.

Supremes perhaps were not recognized, but Ross was/is. She overshadowed them so they are not recognized as much.

Lulu
07-03-2014, 08:39 PM
This is another of the reasons that I don't think there can be much complaint about the recognition of Diana Ross ~ she is constantly top of the list and top of the mind for many matters beyond music.

Supremes perhaps were not recognized, but Ross was/is. She overshadowed them so they are not recognized as much.

Working alongside fashionistas my whole life, I can attest that models, designers, stylists ALL hold Diana in high regard. I think perhaps the "drama" even adds to the fascination. From Diane von Furstenberg to Naomi Campbell to Tom Ford [[seen here with Diana in the 'goddess' dress he designed for her at the MET gala), Diana has been an ongoing inspiration since her LSTB days if not before!

http://cache1.asset-cache.net/gc/1957888-tom-ford-and-diana-ross-attend-the-costume-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=OCUJ5gVf7YdJQI2Xhkc2QDRKzEuZcEFM%2FVt1ru1cXOLdAn auehWBem2BjSZQiq633hivnHODTGyxwmRU5gHY1Q%3D%3D

smark21
07-03-2014, 10:23 PM
First time Diana Ross ended up on the same list as the Oleson Twins.

Lulu
07-03-2014, 10:27 PM
First time Diana Ross ended up on the same list as the Oleson Twins.

Shame on them! Didn't even bother to attend "Uncle Joey's" wedding last weekend!

Bokiluis
07-04-2014, 12:47 AM
Despite The Supremes enormous success, the general public shortsightedly probably thinks now that after Diana left, the group ended.
She was a Supreme for only 10 years, glorious though they were.....she's been Diana Ross nearly 45 years!
And no matter what is said here or intimated, Diana has never failed to pay homage and be respectful of The Supremes and her time at Motown. Even on her RCA debut, she wrote fondly of Berry when she could have just as easily focused on this next phase of her career. [[additionally, though it is very difficult to find her saying she "discovered" The Jackson 5........there is one key, though often misconstrued difference in saying "introducing and/or presenting". Yet many were quick to accuse her of taking full credit. When they were inducted into the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame, they could have requested Bobby or Gladys. But they didn't. And Diana certainly didn't call and insist on giving the introduction speech).

Bokiluis
07-04-2014, 12:49 AM
Despite The Supremes enormous success, the general public shortsightedly probably thinks now that after Diana left, the group ended.
She was a Supreme for only 10 years, glorious though they were.....she's been Diana Ross nearly 45 years!
And no matter what is said here or intimated, Diana has never failed to pay homage and be respectful of The Supremes and her time at Motown. Even on her RCA debut, she wrote fondly of Berry when she could have just as easily focused on this next phase of her career. [[additionally, though it is very difficult to find her saying she "discovered" The Jackson 5........there is one key, though often misconstrued difference in saying "introducing and/or presenting". Yet many were quick to accuse her of taking full credit. When they were inducted into the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame, they could have requested Bobby or Gladys. But they didn't. And Diana certainly didn't call and insist on giving the introduction speech).
Oh and for some godforsaken reason, The Olsen Twins have often made fashion lists.

captainjames
07-04-2014, 07:49 AM
This was an impressive list.