PDA

View Full Version : Madonna On Detroit, Motown: Stevie Wonder & Diana Ross

test

Lulu
07-01-2014, 06:46 PM
It pains me to post this but it's a shout-out:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/madonna-aims-to-help-detroit-hometown-by-funding-organizations-20140630

marv2
07-01-2014, 06:53 PM
Very good article and very good for Madonna! She is doing the right thing and I applaud her for that.

Lulu
07-01-2014, 06:57 PM
Very good article and very good for Madonna! She is doing the right thing and I applaud her for that.

I wish we'd see more "effort" to woof Detroit back up! Where are the Motown folks when we need them?!?

marv2
07-01-2014, 07:20 PM
I wish we'd see more "effort" to woof Detroit back up! Where are the Motown folks when we need them?!?

Oh there are plenty of people working to bring Detroit back to it's glory. You just don't hear about them nationally. We are working hard! Yep, that's right, that includes me.

RossHolloway
07-01-2014, 07:58 PM
I just read that her daughter will be attending the University of Michigan this fall.

ejluther
07-02-2014, 04:38 PM
Why does it "pain" you to post it? Do you hate Madonna that much or something? Just curious..

Lulu
07-02-2014, 04:41 PM
Why does it "pain" you to post it? Do you hate Madonna that much or something? Just curious..

From my two experiences/encounters...not a nice person and not gracious to her fans AT ALL. She is incredibly self-centered, has a MAJOR "Norma Desmond" complex and gets lots of undeserved deifying from the LGBT community when she has done NEXT to nothing to help them! Bonus: her fans make the "RLF" look NORMAL. All of you who insist Ross is this/that should spend some time with Ciccone...oy!

smark21
07-02-2014, 08:22 PM
Madonna does have a lot of sad, pathetic fans who can be vicious and who based their identity and self worth on Madonna being the "Queen of Pop" and are even more hung up on sales and charts than Diana Ross fans. However Lady Gaga's Little Monsters are even worse and they love to fight with Madonna fans. They make Diana vs. Mary fan wars seem tame by comparison. I think the Little Monsters and their rabidness may have hurt Lady Gaga with her last album, much like Clay Aiken's Claymates damaged Clay with their intensity some years ago calling radio stations demanding Clay music which resulted in radio stations no longer playing him.

stephanie
07-03-2014, 09:38 PM
I thought people were smarter these days. I didnt know rabid fans still existed. Hmm I thought only religions were like that now. Madonna is talented in her own right but I always thought that the gay community put her on a higher pedestal than she deserved to be on. What I mean by that was during the "Vogue" period. Cher and Ross I can understand because of they are ICONS I think Madonna got her following gay and straight from her outrageousness when it came to SEX and pushing the buttons and that book she put out. I was impressed when she did Evita. I only own one Madonna album but I have to say her music was good. Wouldnt pay to see her but I cant deny her stamp on pop culture.

Lulu
07-03-2014, 09:57 PM
I thought people were smarter these days. I didnt know rabid fans still existed. Hmm I thought only religions were like that now. Madonna is talented in her own right but I always thought that the gay community put her on a higher pedestal than she deserved to be on. What I mean by that was during the "Vogue" period. Cher and Ross I can understand because of they are ICONS I think Madonna got her following gay and straight from her outrageousness when it came to SEX and pushing the buttons and that book she put out. I was impressed when she did Evita. I only own one Madonna album but I have to say her music was good. Wouldnt pay to see her but I cant deny her stamp on pop culture.

Thank you! As I said before, as much as people on these boards complain about how "horrible" Ross is and her "rabid" fans and the RLF, etc., you should really see these Madonna folks in action...WOW...and it's quite a different "crowd" than the Ross fans. There's a major "better than you" complex. Madonna is an ICON though. I'll give her that. Her behavior has just become so vile as she's gotten older. As far as the LGBT connection, I think her haughtiness has earned her that spot in their hearts. I don't get it at all. I bought most of her records up until 2004ish when I saw her at the Roxy in Manhattan. She's also a HORRIBLE actress and has ZERO ability to laugh at herself. Should I go on? Lastly, her new "single" is called "B*TCH, I'm Madonna". No...really. It is!

stephanie
07-03-2014, 10:17 PM
Lulu
Thats funny because I thought she got less VILE in her older age. Plus it seems like she is trying to protect her daughter Lourdes from what I have read. Seeing her in later interviews she has said that "I have done some silly things in my life".

I will never forget when she called David Letterman stupid names and jumped on someones desk! Madonna seems tame now compared to Miley Cyrus. I really thought that nobody else would come along and act like this but its working for Miley I hate to say. Do you remember when she did Truth or Dare there were two people in the movie who said they never got paid from Madonna or not the full amount I dont know. I have never heard of her being very fan friendly either. She is one of those people I think who came at the right time.

Lulu
07-03-2014, 10:23 PM
Lulu
Thats funny because I thought she got less VILE in her older age. Plus it seems like she is trying to protect her daughter Lourdes from what I have read. Seeing her in later interviews she has said that "I have done some silly things in my life".

I will never forget when she called David Letterman stupid names and jumped on someones desk! Madonna seems tame now compared to Miley Cyrus. I really thought that nobody else would come along and act like this but its working for Miley I hate to say. Do you remember when she did Truth or Dare there were two people in the movie who said they never got paid from Madonna or not the full amount I dont know. I have never heard of her being very fan friendly either. She is one of those people I think who came at the right time.

I got so sick of her and then this wonderful man called Charlie Hides has kept me abreast of her doings. Please take some time and review! He's incredible!!!

http://youtu.be/BpAGfdT2B_c

soulster
07-04-2014, 02:17 AM
Good for her! She's giving back to the community, bringing it back home.

This is why most people give her a pass on calling her own son a "n***er" last January. It's about where her heart is. If Rush Limbaugh had said it, it would be a whole 'nother story.

She has issues. So do most artists. I seriously wish I didn't know anything about any singers/musicians. Then I wouldn't have to know how rotten a lot of them are.