PDA

View Full Version : Diana In Baltimore

test

Lulu
06-29-2014, 03:46 PM
Lulu darling was at Miss Ross's show last night in Charm City and she was absolutely delightful! There was a packed house full of energy and she was loving every minute of it! The band and the backup folks were given healthy solos and we even got an extended gospel-tinged "Ease on Down The Road" between costume changes. There seemed to be a bit more stage patter than from what I have been hearing. The green gown was not around this time. She was in good voice and even did a little girlish twirling at the end in her leggings and tunic...off to Wolf Trap now, ladies and gents!!!

Lulu
06-29-2014, 04:25 PM
Set List:

Take Me Higher [[BT's Sonic Illusion Mix) [[Intro)
RED
I'm Coming Out
More Today Than Yesterday
My World Is Empty Without You
Where Did Our Love Go
Baby Love
Stop! In The Name Of Love
You Can't Hurry Love
Love Child
BLACK/SILVER/LIME GREEN COAT
The Boss
Touch Me In The Morning
Upside Down
Love Hangover
Take Me Higher
Ease On Down The Road
BLUE
The Look Of Love
Don't Explain
Why Do Fools Fall In Love
YELLOW
Theme From Mahogany [["Do You Know Where You're Going To?)
I Will Survive
Reach Out & Touch [[Somebody's Hand)
"CASUAL WEAR"
I Will Survive [[Reprise)

supremester
06-29-2014, 10:21 PM
Chile, you left out The Boss & Touch Me In The Morning - wish I had known you were there..... Miss Ross was ON last night!!!

longtimefan
06-29-2014, 10:56 PM
Chile, you left out The Boss & Touch Me In The Morning - wish I had known you were there..... Miss Ross was ON last night!!!

I agree ... and the show was on for 90 minutes ... not that common on the current tour. The audience roars and cheers during the show were massive and deafeningly loud!!! Example: When Diana first entered the stage, the blast of cheering from the audience would have rivaled the teen fans of any of today's pop stars!!!!

Diana's connection with the audience was deeply warm and natural! I actually thought that she might tear up a time or two! Well deserved!

Lulu
06-29-2014, 11:02 PM

Oh my stars...I just added those 2! You may have seen me...or maybe you didn't? :o

Ryon6
06-29-2014, 11:08 PM
I guess I blew my opportunity as it seems tonight's show in Virginia is her last show on the east coast during this tour. I can't be mad. I've seen Ms Ross at least 6 times in the last 5 years, all in Atlanta except for one in Detroit. I wish I had gotten tickets for the 4th in Canada but that's family reunion time for me.

Lulu
06-29-2014, 11:15 PM
Well, Mary is out there singing "My World Is Empty With You" if you need a quick fix...